Skoda Laura 1.8 TSi / 1.9 Ambiente vs Chevrolet Cruze LTZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hey guys, am new to this forum
I am very very confused on these three cars.

My average usage per day would be about 30 km. On weekends i would travell about 400 km. ( maybe to pune, amby valley, lonavla, etc )

i really enjoy driving fast. love ripping the car. I love power.

i really like the cruze but are cons > back space isnt so good - my parents should be comfaortable behind. head room is alright. well with price and everything the cruze wins.

But now - All my friends, collegues, > every says laura is the car to own. Mumbai heights - what u say.. laura is the best [confused] which is the more classier car ? My moms driver to says get the skoda laura.. ( a driver telling me its a better car? or maybe they dont about the cruze.)

what you guys say ? i can afford upto all 3 car on the above tittle.

my main concerns - Power, speed, milege, comfort. i need to last the car for atleast 4 years.

Have you driven all of the 3 cars??? If not, then do so first. Are you going to drive yourself most of the time or be driven? If driven around more then rear seats of all 3 again should be experienced by you. Purely going on covering most of your aspects, choice seems to be very clearly in favour of the Cruze.

Thread Starter #3
Have you driven all of the 3 cars??? If not, then do so first. Are you going to drive yourself most of the time or be driven? If driven around more then rear seats of all 3 again should be experienced by you. Purely going on covering most of your aspects, choice seems to be very clearly in favour of the Cruze.
Yes i have driven the cruze LTZ and the 1.8tsi, not driven the 1.9 ambience but driven the elegance. ( whats the diffrence between ellegance and ambience ? )

I love both, when the turbo kick in - it feels amazing driving.. but then comfort

1.8 is pure power but low milege.

so help me decide ?

We would recommend to drive these cars personally!

And If you like the Raw power, Cruze is the best bet & it is the fastest diesel car.

Take a look at The Automotive India's Review here

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6715&postcount=51

Well if you will be driving in pure city traffic then think about Cruze! The clutch is more aggressive & just leaps forward!

We will recommend to take a look at Skoda Laura 1.8 TSI. This new car is brilliantly designed by German brains!

Regarding 1.9 TDi, You will not get the aggressiveness which you get in Cruze & Petrol Skoda! [cheers]

Cruze is a good VFM car!!! has loads of features which the other cars dont have!!! if i were you i would go for cruze only!!

For me its Luara all the way!

It scores over Cruze in many aspects!

More sophisticated & classy looks!

Much more spacier & Airy Cabin than Cruze. [In specs Cruse scores over but in real life Luara is the way to go!]

Perfect City as well as Highway car!

German Brains under hoods!

350Z

Core Team
Hi Emily,
Can you please answer the few questions asked in this thread, It will help us to guide you better towards the perfect car. [:)]

Drive Safe!
350Z

Thread Starter #10
Which car to buy -

1) Your Budget
12-15 lacks ( could stretch it abit more )

2) Where Do You Live?

Mumbai

3) Top 5 Priorities

Its just laura vs cruze i guess, rules out civic, altis and jetta.

Please mention the top 5 priorites which you need in your vehicle.
Power, comfort, speed, average, looks ?

4) Monthly Running
about 30 km a day, maybe less sometimes. 900 km a month

How much Kilometers vehicle will be used in a month?
1000 km with weekends tip if so.

5) For Which Purpose?

For which purpose you will be using the vehicle?
For Example: Cargo, Family, Long Trips, Off-Roading etc.

City - to get from a to b - in the night > i love driving fast.. speed thrills me. weekend holdays.
6) Max. People it should accomodate?
2-4

How much maximum of people your vehicle should accomodate? (Including Driver)
4 ?

7) Priority of Fuel Type
Petrol or diesel
Which Type of fuel your vehicle should be running with?
For Example : Petrol, Diesel, CNG, LPG, Electricity etc.

8) Body Type?

Sedan

Which type of vehicle you would more prefer?
For Example, Sedan [3 Box], Hatchback [2 Box], Van, Pick-Up Truck, SUV/MUV etc.

9) How long would you use the car for ?

atleast 4 years.

Cruze LTZ is good but one peculiar problem with cruze is that when you will try to start it will not start. Will have to press the clutch and then it will start. recent observation from my current cruze.

Cruze LTZ is good but one peculiar problem with cruze is that when you will try to start it will not start. Will have to press the clutch and then it will start. recent observation from my current cruze.
This is not a problem but a feature. I think in Europe all cars will have this feature so that, by mistake, you don't start gear engaged and open clutch.

This is the case even with VERNA! you will get used to it as you keep using it!! not a big problem!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom