Skoda India Adds Plus Package To Rapid Range

Thread Starter #1
Skoda Auto India has added the plus package to its best selling model, Skoda Rapid. Rapid comes in both petrol and diesel variants where the options under the petrol version are the Active 1.6 MPI MT, Ambition 1.6 MPI MT, Elegance 1.6 MPI MT, Ambition 1.6 MPI AT and the Elegance 1.6 MPI AT. Under the diesel option, the customers could choose from the Active 1.6 TDI CR MT, Ambition 1.6 TDI CR MT and Elegance 1.6 TDI CR MT. To this existing line-up, the company has added the plus package.

The customers will now have a wider line-up to select from as the new variants, Active Plus and Ambition Plus have been introduced by the company. These new variants are expected to be loaded with more features as compared to the earlier versions. The company is focusing more towards providing better convenience to its customers and thus, the new added features could possibly be more oriented towards enhancing customer’s driving experience and not just the performance.

Recently Volkswagen gave the Vento a mild update and now its Skoda’s turn to offer more features to the buyers. The Active Plus variant of the Skoda Rapid offers a foldable key with remote locking/unlocking and electrically adjustable rear view mirrors. The Amibition Plus variant now boasts of 2-din audio system, 4-speakers, one-touch power windows, chrome inserts on AC vents, AUX and SD card ports and electrically adjustable rear view mirrors. Skoda hasn’t revealed the prices yet.

Source

Skoda India Adds Plus Package To Rapid Range | MotorBeam - Indian Car Bike News & Reviews

350Z

Core Team
Skoda hasn’t revealed the prices yet.
Skoda Rapid Plus variant's has been now announced:

> Active Plus Petrol (MT): Rs 7.11 Lakh

> Active Plus Diesel (MT): Rs 8.38 Lakh

> Ambition Plus Petrol (MT): Rs 7.73 Lakh

> Ambition Plus Petrol (AT): Rs 8.73 Lakh

> Ambition Plus Diesel (MT): Rs 9.10 Lakh

Drive Safe,
350Z

THE INDIA-SPEC SKODA RAPID PETROL AND DIESEL SEDANS GET A SLEW OF NEW FEATURES FOR THIS FESTIVE SEASON

Aimed mainly at buyers during the Indian festive season of Dusshera-Diwali, Skoda has outfitted the Rapid sedan with the following features.

* MapMyIndia Navigation Unit

* Reverse Camera

* Bluetooth Unit

* Car Fridge

While these features are available on the top end Elegance trim of the Rapid petrol and diesel variants, car buyers also have the option of opting for either free insurance or a Sony Bravia TV in lieu of these additional features. These features are available across all Skoda dealerships in India.

Skoda India has just rejigged the variant line up of the Skoda Rapid sedan, its best selling car model. While the Rapid sedan was sold in India in no less than five variants each for the petrol and turbo diesel engine options, and two more variants for the automatic gearbox equipped petrol engined model, Skoda has embarked on a variant rationalization measure by eliminating the Active and the Ambition trims. After the rationalization, the Skoda Rapid is now available in 8 variants in total.

ICB Exclusive: Skoda India rejigs Rapid sedan line up by culling Active and Ambition trims | IndianCarsBikes.in

Skoda Rejiged Rapid Lineup - Drops Active and Ambition Variants

Skoda rejigs model lineup. Active and Ambition variant dropped. Here is the new line-up:

Petrol - Manual Transmission - Active Plus / Ambition Plus / Elegance
Petrol - Automatic Transmission - Ambition Plus / Elegance
Diesel - Manual Transmission - Active Plus / Ambition Plus

Skoda Rapid Diesel is no longer being offered in top of the line Elegance trim. This means that diesel buyer has to make do with one less Airbag. If he wants 2 Airbags, then either he must go for petrol or switch to VW Vento.

I think this is being done because of two reasons (or both):

As a part of repositioning Skoda w.r.t. VW.
To make way for European Skoda Rapid.

Source:ICB Exclusive: Skoda India rejigs Rapid sedan line up by culling Active and Ambition trims | IndianCarsBikes.in

Skoda Rapid Features and Technical Specifications: http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/models/R...-Specification and Skoda Prices: SKODA Price - ?KODA

Hi, I had visited a Skoda Dealer last month and I saw Rapid Elegance Plus also. I had thought the Plus options were only for Active & Ambition. I cannot find on websites or any where else the addition of Elegance Plus variant. I was told by the dealer than chroming is the only difference in the Elegance Plus model. Any idea/information on this?
Also I am planning to buy Rapid Elegance Petrol AT 2012 model. Am I making a good choice?

Skoda rejigs model lineup. Active and Ambition variant dropped. Here is the new line-up:

Petrol - Manual Transmission - Active Plus / Ambition Plus / Elegance
Petrol - Automatic Transmission - Ambition Plus / Elegance
Diesel - Manual Transmission - Active Plus / Ambition Plus

Skoda Rapid Diesel is no longer being offered in top of the line Elegance trim. This means that diesel buyer has to make do with one less Airbag. If he wants 2 Airbags, then either he must go for petrol or switch to VW Vento.

Skoda Rapid is available in Diesel Elegance variant. It was not there on website but Dealers are accepting the bookings for Diesel Elegance. I brought one few days back.

Hi, I had visited a Skoda Dealer last month and I saw Rapid Elegance Plus also. I had thought the Plus options were only for Active & Ambition. I cannot find on websites or any where else the addition of Elegance Plus variant. I was told by the dealer than chroming is the only difference in the Elegance Plus model. Any idea/information on this?
Also I am planning to buy Rapid Elegance Petrol AT 2012 model. Am I making a good choice?
Elegance Plus is not available in Rapid range. Instead Skoda have added features to the regular Elegance variant The changes are visible on MY13 Elegance models.

1. Leather wrapped Steering wheel
2. Leather Gear Knob
3. Leather wrapped Handbrake
4. Chrome Trim on AC Vents

Last edited:

Top Bottom