Skoda Fabia or Volkswagen Polo?

I think A.S.S. depends on the dealers. We never faced a problem, except everytime we have to get an appointment for a service. It is the same with VW too.

Thread Starter #18
@P3T3R : i think the pics you have shown are those of the monte carlo version right?
that's a beauty [clap]

@XOVER : yeah but polo looks stunning and sharp in its looks. whats holding me back is that its the trendline version and really lacks some goodies. What about the engine performance and mileage ?

Hi,
If your'e loking for space, fabia will be slightly more roomy than polo. Polo backseat is not good for 6 footers especially the headroom. GC in polo also seems to be slightly lower but the car per se is more attractive to look at as compared to fabia. Features will be beneficial as you have to live with a car for a long time. So fabia being more feature rich will be a better choice along with the price. See if the features which the polo lack can be fitted aftermarket & at what cost. If yes & feasible cost wise then go for polo.
But both the engines make a lot of noise to be very frank. I had done a TD of fabia & during the drive I was almost in 2 minds if it was a diesel or what! Fabia had a terrific sound system I remember.
All in all, see what your priorities are do a complete TD & decide. BTW if reports are true FABIA SCOUT is around the corner too. check that out if you can wait...

Cheers
Jazzy
i did a testdrive of both the cars and you are right they both have high engine noise, but i think i can live with it and afterall once i got in to the car i could only hear a light purrr of the engine with all the windows closed.
but what i felt is polo was more silent when compared to that of fabia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Skoda Fabia and VW Polo are known for their built quality. Both of them are having 1.2 petrol engines. Skoda Fabia has got more airy feel when compared to VW Polo while polo scores when it comes to road presence.
VW is also offering many goodies and offers under the label IPL Edition VW polo and Vento(special edition)
I suggest you to try the VW Polo 1.6 also if you are performance oriented.
As you are going for a petrol car do consider Honda Jazz, Maruti Swift etc which offers you better value for money.

Thread Starter #20
@ vishnunarayanan : but as i ve already told i ve finally chosen these two. but confused if i should go for the looks of polo or the features that fabia provides. [frustration]

@ vishnunarayanan : but as i ve already told i ve finally chosen these two. but confused if i should go for the looks of polo or the features that fabia provides. [frustration]
Both VW Polo and Fabia are having the same petrol engine. Consider the driving position, steering feedback, storage spaces and consider the looks factor too according to your taste. Test Drive again considering the facts in mind and select the one that you feel happy with.
After Sales Service:-only owners of both VW and Skoda can only judge. Enquire about the service availabilty in your areas(easy availability of service and spares).

Top Bottom