Skoda Fabia or Volkswagen Polo?

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys, please help me choosing between the new fabia (ambition plus) and volkswagen polo (trendline).

I had test driven both the vehicles and found polo a bit more peppy to drive, but skoda is offering a 25k discount and the ambition variant definitely has more features than polo.

I really need some help guys, polo or fabia? Iam really confused.
Need to make a decision very soon.

Both are 3 cylinder engines. I think polo have a slight edge due to its modern chasis. High Speed behavour is also good for polo. Both ASS is average(I dont have any of these but deduce from forums. Owner's can speak). I felt less refienement compared other 4 cylinder engines. Handling and gear shift are ver good.

If you want me to choose one from both i will go for polo. But a lot other optons are available

Thread Starter #5
the finalized choices are polo and fabia. so i have to pick one from either of it. How about the engine performance? both are neck to neck.

Fabia feels more luxurious, spacious from inside While Polo wins on exterior looks and appeal. Polo feels little more peppy than Fabia and its built on one generation newer platform than Fabia.

Something to tilt you towards the Fabia... (pics courtesy Briskoda)

Attachments

Polo's GC is a bit low. I saw one with 3 rear passengers and it looked like the car was kissing the road. Fabia has a stiffer set-up, not so great at low speeds but improves very well as you go higher.

Fabia is definitely great car but Skoda ASS is quite poor compare to the VW so my vote goes for Polo, even though i am eying a Skoda car for my next purchase after few years.

Hi,
If your'e loking for space, fabia will be slightly more roomy than polo. Polo backseat is not good for 6 footers especially the headroom. GC in polo also seems to be slightly lower but the car per se is more attractive to look at as compared to fabia. Features will be beneficial as you have to live with a car for a long time. So fabia being more feature rich will be a better choice along with the price. See if the features which the polo lack can be fitted aftermarket & at what cost. If yes & feasible cost wise then go for polo.
But both the engines make a lot of noise to be very frank. I had done a TD of fabia & during the drive I was almost in 2 minds if it was a diesel or what! Fabia had a terrific sound system I remember.
All in all, see what your priorities are do a complete TD & decide. BTW if reports are true FABIA SCOUT is around the corner too. check that out if you can wait...

Cheers
Jazzy

TL is featureless and Ambiente+ has some so variant level comparison is baseless.

Go for Fabia if you need space and Polo if you want external looks. Because internally they are same, engine wise or material used for interiors.

I would buy Fabia any day rather than thinking for any other car because of the feel good factor it provides with space inside. Fabias, Polos or Puntos are for those who make buying decisions from heart and not from mind.

Why are you not looking at the Jazz? It is the best petrol hatch to buy now followed by the Swift & i20.

Anyways, between the Fabia & Polo, I would choose Polo because -

1) Looks better than Fabia
2) VW brand is better than Skoda at the moment

Fabia is roomier than the Polo and has a better ride as well. Features are more as well. But Skoda has a reputation of a bad A.S.S.

Did you consider the Polo 1.6 or Fabia 1.6?

Why are you not looking at the Jazz? It is the best petrol hatch to buy now followed by the Swift & i20.

2) VW brand is better than Skoda at the moment

QUOTE]

Hi Raj,
Completely agree with you on both counts. Jazz being one of the best products in premium hatch segment & the fact that VW as a brand is better than skoda. I wouldn't say better is exactly the right word but commands a higher positioning than skoda.

Look at what Skoda's positioning was before VW entered India. It was premium classy & expensive. During IPL, see how the passat was advertised & VW now even has an IPL edition of the Vento. So it is apparent that as a Group the conscious decision was to give more funds to VW for their marketing & branding activities than Skoda(understandably so, as it was a first time entry). As soon as VW entered India, Skoda model prices started to be priced a shade lower than similar VW models.eg look at Polo vs fabia, vento vs rapid, Laura vs Jetta.

World over, VW being the parent has ensured that its skoda is branded as a slightly more affordable car, India was the only exception until VW made its entry.

Cheers
Jazzy

Top Bottom