Skoda Fabia Facelift - Comes To India

Arun

Suspended
It isn't clicked in India. It's registration shows that clearly! This is the Fabia Combi [the station wagon version ]. We have/had[??] the Octavia Combi in India and the body structure is the same!

Skoda India puts new Fabia variant up for creative pitch

Reliable sources in the industry confirm that Skoda Auto India has invited creative agencies for a pitch for its forthcoming variant of the premium hatchback, Fabia. The new car will be launched in the country next year, probably around the third quarter.

When contacted by afaqs!, Tarun Jha, head - marketing, Skoda India, declined to comment on the development.

Skoda is considering launching a new variant of the Fabia, so as to leverage the popularity that the brand already enjoys in the market. The new variant would be available in three versions -- petrol, diesel and green-line (eco-friendly). The decision to launch the car could be due to the immense potential of the premium hatchback segment in the Indian market.

Last week, officials at Skoda India circulated a brief amongst a handful of creative agencies for the presentations. The presentations are to begin next week.

Though no confirmation was available on the advertising spends for the new brand, sources peg the account to be in the region of Rs 10 crore.

Mediacom is the media AoR for the company in India, and would continue to handle these duties. Prior to that, Motivator was the media agency; but it now handles Honda Jazz.

Source - afaqs

But Fabia should get few models in range of 5 lakhs to heat up the market rather than losing the market!
You were correct, Skoda is going to reduce the price of Fabia with some change, no upgrade, but some de-grade, to make it better option in the segment.

Unless they do something about the killer spares prices, no low pricing is going to get them customers save weird guys like me!!

Thread Starter #23

350Z

Core Team
New Skoda Fabia Pics..

This is the picture of face-lifted Skoda Fabia, The change is noticeable only at close observation but to me its now looking the true sibling of the bigger Laura. The car will officially release next week at Geneva Motor Show and probably could be an answer to upcoming Volkswagen Polo, In India.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Attachments

For the Fabia to succeed, Skoda will have to price it closer to the MS Swift and the MS Ritz. Only then will the Fabia really begin to sell. A facelift won't be any good until the prices are slashed further, and A.S.S is improved.

Oh yeah 350Z this is looking like the chopped down version of Laura! But do you really think it will compete with Polo i don think so , it will be priced more i guess!

Would VW acutally want the Skoda and the Polo to compete?
they already have a rivals in different segment also i.e Skoda Laura and Jetta or Passat and Superb!

For the Fabia to succeed, Skoda will have to price it closer to the MS Swift and the MS Ritz. Only then will the Fabia really begin to sell. A facelift won't be any good until the prices are slashed further, and A.S.S is improved.
skoda calls fabia a premium hatch and they will never degrade it and price it equal to ritz maintain that "premium" feel!

Oh yeah 350Z this is looking like the chopped down version of Laura! But do you really think it will compete with Polo i don think so , it will be priced more i guess!
maybe it should cost almost equal and hey another change is those big foglamps too!

New Fabia is shown in Geneva Motor show. Is this coming to India?
Nope, no chance of this one coming to India. This is the RS version of the Fabia, which comes with a powerful engine. It is unlikely to come to India. Skoda may continue the current 3-pot petrol engine, and may also plonk in a 1.2 TSi. It will probably also offer the 3-cylinder TDI diesel from the VW Polo.

Top Bottom