Skoda Fabia Facelift - Comes To India

did anyone check out the new add from skoda for its All New Fabia, must say quite a good advertisement from them compared to older one.

Well I intend to buy a diesel car or 1.4 TDI instead of 1.2 TDI. I test drove polo diesel some time back and found considerable turbo lag. Similar lag felt in Fabia 1.4 ( a point here and there in turbo lag as I did not measure it on any meter. Just personal experience).

So now what would be your take or suggestion.
TD the Ford Figo Diesel. Its got a great drive. Also if you are ready to spend a handsome amount, Try the Fiat Punto 90HP.

Shailinder, then polo and fabia diesels are not for you. You can then check out the figo, ritz diesel.
What is it Amiti, which I would get in Figo and Ritz and not in Polo and Fabia ? I am actually unable to link your point with my question. I asked since the features have been down graded in Fabia 1.2. So does it make sense to go for an old 1.4 version as there would be heavy discounts on that. For where Figo or Ritz came from [:D].

Anybody test drove new Fabia ! How is it ?

Last edited:
Hey Shailinder , i think Amiti has mentioned Ritz and Figo because these both according to various TD reports are better to drive with minimum turbo lag.

Shailinder, if you refer back to your post dated 16th oct, you are not happy with the turbo lag. Hence I mentioned regarding Figo and Ritz as alternatives. Ritz particularly is good to drive with minimum turbo lag and same is the case with figo.

Now regarding your original question of old 1.4 diesel fabia, my answer will be definite "NO". It has lot of clatter and anyways the material used in old Fabia nowadays is also stripped down in terms of quality.

I have test driven Old and new Fabias in Pune. I have always kept a close watch on this baby skoda since its launch in India.

My definition of TD= literally testing the limits of any car in extreme conditions. Not a 1-2 km drive. Hence I thought my experience would be useful for you to finalize a good car for you.

Shailinder, if you refer back to your post dated 16th oct, you are not happy with the turbo lag. Hence I mentioned regarding Figo and Ritz as alternatives. Ritz particularly is good to drive with minimum turbo lag and same is the case with figo.

Now regarding your original question of old 1.4 diesel fabia, my answer will be definite "NO". It has lot of clatter and anyways the material used in old Fabia nowadays is also stripped down in terms of quality.

I have test driven Old and new Fabias in Pune. I have always kept a close watch on this baby skoda since its launch in India.

My definition of TD= literally testing the limits of any car in extreme conditions. Not a 1-2 km drive. Hence I thought my experience would be useful for you to finalize a good car for you.
Amiti, You are right that there is turbo lag in Polo and Fabia (old and new). Because of which i thought would this be a good idea to snatch a good deal on old fabia because turbo lag would be there but features would remain the same. I never test drove old fabia ( I mean 2008 or 2009 model) but drove once 2010 model in Aug'10. I found the fit and finish up to the mark. Infact better then any other car tried so far (Figo'10, Polo'10, Punto'10, Drivetech'10 etc. However, I have never test drove i20 so far because of price.) My budget is around 6 lacs (+/- 10K).

Now what do you suggest. [cheers]

Anybody here who owns new Fabia ?
i think you are very confused about it..well i will say go ahead man if you are living in delhi only, throw dust on those stupid overhyped rumours about skoda ass. only some people have problem with skoda ass but lakhs of other people are living HAPPY with their skodas..so go and as far as quality / reliability is concered you wont be disappointed..[thumbsup]

Top Bottom