Skoda Fabia Facelift - Comes To India

Let us not go off-topic.
Fabia's pricing is certainly excellent now, they could do after cutting so many goodies earlier Fabia had.
Also, after VW's take over to Skoda, same engines in both cars should not surprised us.

Ravi, could you please tell me which features have faced the hammer? This would be helpful in my buying decision. Does the elegance have rear parktronic?

The Fabia is underpriced. If what you say is true, then the Figo & Micra are WAY overpriced.
Fabia has been priced correctly this time. I feel Honda too should try to do something like this. I feel pained to see such a nice hatch doing so badly just because of inappropriate pricing.

OFF TOPIC-
Totally INCORRECT. The WagonR is a flimsly
narrow car that lacks stability.
No friend, This issue no longer exists. If a person has driven both the older and the new(K10 one) model, he will find the difference in the drive. The body roll no longer scares thee driver and it is very stable at high speeds.

Note- Lets not continue OT. If anyone feels like discussing more on this, kindly create a separate thread for the same.

Underpriced = correctly priced gor CUSTOMERS.
The new WagonR might be an improvement, but some problems still persist.
-----------Next Post-----------
Just checked. Parktronic is gone.

Last edited:
well. i really wonder at things which are implemented to reduce price. how much does it cost for 4 power windows?? a max of 25k. that's it. let skoda increase the price of the classic by 25k. i am sure i10 sales will be hit badly.

Ravi, could you please tell me which features have faced the hammer? This would be helpful in my buying decision. Does the elegance have rear parktronic?
1. 185/60 R14 now replaced by 175/70 R14 as standard, except in the 1.6 Elegance.
2. No Electric adjust ORVM's
3. No 60:40 seat split
4. No rear defogger and wiper
5. No power windows for base variant

Other minor removals:
  • cooling in the glove box
  • seat height adjust for the co-driver
  • Pretensioners for front seat belts
  • three point seat belts for the 5th passenger

except power windows i dont find any other feature as major removal..this was to happen if skoda wanted to reduce price which is very down to earth now and people will still buy skoda for its quality and not small missing features! if we say power windows are not big deal to add then this applies to us also!!..we can add them aftermarket anyday! [:)]

1. 185/60 R14 now replaced by 175/70 R14 as standard, except in the 1.6 Elegance.
2. No Electric adjust ORVM's
3. No 60:40 seat split
4. No rear defogger and wiper
5. No power windows for base variant

Other minor removals:
  • cooling in the glove box
  • seat height adjust for the co-driver
  • Pretensioners for front seat belts
  • three point seat belts for the 5th passenger
Cooled glovebox, electric OVRMs, 60:40 split seats, 3 point seatbelt for M(R) passenger, pretensioners for front seatbelts, ht. adjust. Too many exclusions[frustration].

Anyway, going to TD it now.

Arkin,
My take on excluded features,
Cooled glovebox -- Not needed
electric ORVM's -- Not needed and would prove costly in case of breakage
3 point seatbelt for rear minor -- Needed
Pretentioners -- Definitely a must
Ht adjust -- needed if ht adjust provided for driver seat

Anyways take a good long TD and post your findings. You will definitely like the 1.6 baby skoda

Friends,

Does it make sense to go for Ambiente old because soon there will good discount on that if not as of now ! New Elegence is more of a old Ambeinte and there is no true Elegence anymore.

Please suggest so that I can ask dealers abt it.

"Now that's a Fab" seriously! Never expected the Fabia to compete with the Swift , Ritz and Figo! Fabia is no more a premium hatch now IMO with all those features removed!

And dedicated rear AC vents are not there in i20 , am damn sure about this!

Hope just Skoda improves its A.S.S reputation a bit!

Shailinder, you are correct. However the engines are more refined, especially the 1.6 petrol. Hence it makes sense to go for new elegance. Also anyone noticed the ground clearance? have they increased it?

Friends,

Does it make sense to go for Ambiente old because soon there will good discount on that if not as of now ! New Elegence is more of a old Ambeinte and there is no true Elegence anymore.

Please suggest so that I can ask dealers abt it.
Ofcourse it makes sense. If you are going to buy a hatch, then you can look at the older Fabia which may be available with hefty discounts. My take go for older model since it looks more or less the same.

I have driven old fabia 1.2 elegance a lot. It needs lot of gear changing in traffic and it runs out of steam on highways due to the puny engine. Hence I would suggest, if you really want to buy a Fabia, buy a new one. Preferably the 1.6 if you like power. The dash is also of good quality in new one.

I have driven old fabia 1.2 elegance a lot. It needs lot of gear changing in traffic and it runs out of steam on highways due to the puny engine. Hence I would suggest, if you really want to buy a Fabia, buy a new one. Preferably the 1.6 if you like power. The dash is also of good quality in new one.
Well I intend to buy a diesel car or 1.4 TDI instead of 1.2 TDI. I test drove polo diesel some time back and found considerable turbo lag. Similar lag felt in Fabia 1.4 ( a point here and there in turbo lag as I did not measure it on any meter. Just personal experience).

So now what would be your take or suggestion.

Top Bottom