Skoda Fabia Facelift - Comes To India

Read what 350Z has written in his post.
The info which i have, is not gathered from different sites, but from Skoda people at Nagpur.

And the launch ceremony has just begun at the Grand Hyatt Mumbai.
Akash,

I am not saying that you are checking different sites and updating at TAI. Let us clear this doubt first before we move forward.

An information is an information and it does not matter from where we have received it. I am sure you will agree with this [:)]

Skoda Nagpur and Skoda India web sites are two different things according to me (not sure about others). People says Skoda is based from Aurangabad (i dont know). If a company is launching a new product, then they should update the same on their site (basic marketing strategy).

However, you have mentioned a very interesting and important point about the opening ceremony at Mumbai.

Cheers [cheers]

Last edited:
Oh boy, oh boy, I can't wait to see the new Fabia. Who knows, there might be another twist in the tale, and we might go in for a Fabia instead of another i10! :biggrin:

Oh, and no leather on any versions of the Fabia now -- OD Fb

Akash,

I am not saying that you are checking different sites and updating at TAI. Let us clear this doubt first before we move forward.

An information is an information and it does not matter from where we have received it. I am sure you will agree with this [:)]

Skoda Nagpur and Skoda India web sites are two different things according to me (not sure about others). People says Skoda is based from Aurangabad (i dont know). If a company is launching a new product, then they should update the same on their site (basic marketing strategy).

However, you have mentioned a very interesting and important point about the opening ceremony at Mumbai.

Cheers [cheers]
I agree with you friend and i have taken everything in good spirits.
As for the issue of confirmation, i got the updates from the Skoda guy of this region.
And yes, the new Skoda Fabia website is not working which is not really appreciated. But thats their personal affair on which i would not like to comment.
And Shailender, just as our 350Z said, you will get all the details of the new Fabia soon.

New fabia pricing starts at 4.19 lkhs ex-showroom mumbai. Driver airbags standard across all variants.

Skoda Fabia has been launched with 3 engine options:

1.2 MPI power output : 75BHP@5400 rpm
1.6 MPI power output : 105BHP@5250 rpm
1.2 TDi power output : 75BHP@4200 rpm

1.2 TDI Classic- Rs 5.4 lakh
Elegance- Rs 6.69 lakh
Classic 1.2 MPI Rs 4.3 lakh ex-Delhi.

Source- New Skoda Fabia official webpage.

Last edited:
New Fabia pricing: Classic 1.2 MPI @ Rs 4.3 lakh, ex-Delhi.
New Fabia pricing: 1.2 TDI Classic- Rs 5.4 lakh, Elegance- Rs 6.69 lakh ex-Delhi.
New Fabia pricing: 1.6 MPI sold only in Elegance@ Rs 5.99 lakh, ex-Delhi
Thomas Kuehl says hot versions (S, RS) of Fabia being discussed for Indian being worked on. No promises.
Skoda says 40% localisation for new Fabia. Up from 15% for previous one.
Skoda's targeting 7-10% segment share for financial year 2011 with the Fabia.
Kuehl says that the Yeti launches in four week

--OD, Fb/Twitter
New fabia pricing strts at 4.19 lkhs ex-showroom mumbai.
its got airbags for the driver in all variants and the car also has rear AC vents also(a segment 1st)
--Turbos & Pistonz, Fb

Thread Starter #115

350Z

Core Team
Akash and Arkin, Thanks for the prompt updates. Pricing sounds much sensible this time and standard driver side Airbag is a good idea too. Some images from official website:

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

5.PNG

6.PNG

Drive Safe,
350Z

Nice set of images. Now what i see is that the pricing of Fabia has been lowered, features have been added(rear ac vents, standard driver side airbag), and theres a slight refreshment in the exterior design which makes Fabia a VFM package.
@Arkin- I hope you are reading this.

Thread Starter #117

350Z

Core Team
The only concern now left unfortunately is about Skoda’s tad high maintenance costs. Hope they look into this as well so that buyers can non-hesitantly consider going with this perfectly well-finished premium hatchback.

Drive Safe,
350Z

New Fabia pricing: Classic 1.2 MPI @ Rs 4.3 lakh, ex-Delhi.
New Fabia pricing: 1.2 TDI Classic- Rs 5.4 lakh, Elegance- Rs 6.69 lakh ex-Delhi.
New Fabia pricing: 1.6 MPI sold only in Elegance@ Rs 5.99 lakh, ex-Delhi
Thomas Kuehl says hot versions (S, RS) of Fabia being discussed for Indian being worked on. No promises.
Skoda says 40% localisation for new Fabia. Up from 15% for previous one.
Skoda's targeting 7-10% segment share for financial year 2011 with the Fabia.
Kuehl says that the Yeti launches in four week

--OD, Fb/Twitter
New fabia pricing strts at 4.19 lkhs ex-showroom mumbai.
its got airbags for the driver in all variants and the car also has rear AC vents also(a segment 1st)
--Turbos & Pistonz, Fb
Fantastic pricing by skoda!! Now Fabia is cheaper than i20, polo and punto!![clap]

*Arkin_Young*, I heard that rear a/c vents are there in punto and i20 too

Btw , Fabia seems to be a VFM package than Polo with lot more features than the latter[cheers]

oh competitive price of fabia but very late for me .. though good step atlast .
yeah fabia is a vfm now .
but punto still costs less 1.3 multi jet emotion pack costs 6.47 lakhs ex delhi
yes punto and 120 both have rear ac vents . so fabia doesnt have this as segment 1st

Top Bottom