Skoda Fabia Facelift - Comes To India

IMHO, fabia is also coming with 1.6 lr engine, similar to polo's 1.6. Plus minor cosmetic changes.

According to Autocar india, Skoda will launch its hatchback Fabia in a new avtaar on 12 Oct, with 3engine options. The 1.6 petrol, 1.2 petrol and the 1.2diesel which powers the VW Polo.

Polo vs Fabia is going to a good competition and to spice it up they are reducing the prices of the Fabia too , good move! Lets see how successful they are with the new Fabia!

Fabia is a good car. It looks like a shrunken sedan. A more powerful engine(1.8 TSI) of the Laura and the DSG auto box coupled with improved after sales can turn around the sales chart.Will also make a tempting buy for me at-least.

I am eagarly waiting for the facelifted Diesel varient to come infront of me. But are they going to work on engine noise as well. Because when i test drove Polo diesel, it felt like a trackter (noise wise) and turbo lag was there uptill 2K (+/- 200).

Any news, views...

Thread Starter #96

350Z

Core Team
Skoda is launching Fabia on 12th October 2010, and with 1.6 liter engine it’s going to be the clash of titans in premium hatchback segment, both the cars prove to be solid rivals but Polo remains sportiest amongst two, whereas Fabia should be a nice family car, if not for the youngsters for that matter. Sill waiting to see what Skoda pulls out from the hat, and most importantly the Price!! If that is not set right, it will spoil the game yet again. What the 1.6 L will be called, The RS? Click Here.

Drive Safe,
350Z

But with 1.6, Fabia is going to be more pricier than current one.

Its not going to help them in any way. VW is betting big in India where as Skoda is losing the Game!

The new Fabia is indeed slated for a 12th October launch. They have been shady about the launch of a vRS version, but they haven't said no, so I believe it is coming. As for the other bread-and-butter engines options, the 1.2 HTP Petrol is basically the same and the diesel is most probably gonna be the three-pot TDI from the VW Polo. I have been invited for a look by AutoBahn Skoda on the 12th of October itself so expect a detailed report from my side. [:)]

350Z / Akash,

Whatever you are saying is true based on the information available on different sites but the truth is there is no information of launch neither in today's news paper nor at Skoda's site. They do have an information about new fabia site but that site is not opening up. "newskodafabia.co.in".

350Z / Akash,

Whatever you are saying is true based on the information available on different sites but the truth is there is no information of launch neither in today's news paper nor at Skoda's site. They do have an information about new fabia site but that site is not opening up. "newskodafabia.co.in".
Read what 350Z has written in his post.
The info which i have, is not gathered from different sites, but from Skoda people at Nagpur.

And the launch ceremony has just begun at the Grand Hyatt Mumbai.

Thread Starter #105

350Z

Core Team
350Z / Akash,

Neither do I care to look at other sites. Be assured you’ll get the details of new Fabia latest by this evening. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom