Skoda Fabia Facelift - Comes To India

AMG

Suspended
New Fabia cheaper than the current one? [clap]

“We will launch a refurbished Fabia in both petrol and diesel options during the last quarter of this year. It will be more competitive than the existing one,” added Mr. Kuehl.

good news! i think they learnt the lesson now after failiure of Fabia in india even after so much hype and now they are going the right way. kudos!

It can perform much better in market if the pricing is reduced. I've sat in the car and the quality levels are really high
@350z But they wouldn't be Skoda if they reduced their price range, would they? They're target market is different from that of the i10 simply because of who they are. They simply wanted to promote the hatchback here because it looks less like an executive's car, & their design fits in with the penchant for smaller family cars that Indians seem to have.

Fabia falls in the i20/polo/jazz segment and i feel if skoda reduces the prices of Fabia, then no doubt, many would opt for a skoda for its fit and finish which imo is better than many of the sedans.

I agree with you Akash. If Skoda reduces the price to give more lift to POLO, then it will be a good move for VW group. Fabia is nice car (though I hate its tractor like sound) but comes with bad ASS. So these two factors - price & ASS - if managed correctly, Fabia will soon be a hit in India.

Thread Starter #72

350Z

Core Team
@350z But they wouldn't be Skoda if they reduced their price range, would they? They're target market is different from that of the i10 simply because of who they are. They simply wanted to promote the hatchback here because it looks less like an executive's car, & their design fits in with the penchant for smaller family cars that Indians seem to have.
Yes of course, Skoda Fabia is launched as a premium luxury hatchback and to maintain their own level of “Exclusivity”, they’ll always keep a marginal price difference, but to compete with Hyundai i10? No ways. However, the car was slightly overpriced for its segment, and now we’re glad that at least Skoda is keenly working to make this quality-rich product much more competitive. (Refer to Post #66)

Drive Safe,
350Z

I fail to understand what Skoda India (And Fiat India) will lose if they take the efforts to improve their Af.SS. From what I've heard and know, their attitude and callousness seem to suggest that they are going to get court marshalled if they improve their Af.SS. It is pure blasphemy to let a product like the Fabia go down the drain for such lame reasons.

Well honestly, Fabia is not that excellent an pick. I know I am inviting a trouble here by that statement [:)] the statement is not for any arguments / discussions and is purely based on my experience here in Europe. Skoda has gained the momentum and reputation only because of VW. However, Fabia is rated below i20 in UK and some of other European countries. In Scandinavia, Skoda's reputation is just getting build up. But in India, the story is different. Skoda was a successful up class brand for Indians for some reasons which even Skoda was surprised about. I recall an article in Malayala Manoram (a mallu news paper) during Skoda's launch that it was successful to get the pre-order for 46 Octavias with out releasing a single add in Kerala. I see the reason as the perfect timing. There is no wonder if Skoda's ASS is bad. Because they are famous for bad and expensive ASS even in Europe!

Thread Starter #75

350Z

Core Team
And the reason for that I suppose is due to their quality by not compromising with price, unlike Maruti and Tata which were some of the most obvious pick those times. Though, the tables turned after launch of other such models like i20 and Punto later.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom