Skoda After Sales Service. Is it really that bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
We've had some arguments in a couple of threads over Skoda's Af.SS. Many of us feel (know, actually) how bad Skoda Af.SS can be. And we know about the bitter experiences of some owners too. But there are many who think otherwise and are trying to make their point. This thread can serve as a platform for discussion about Skoda AfSS to see that we don't puzzle people by arguing about the same in their other threads.

What I feel: From what I've heard, Skoda Af.SS is SCARY!

We've had some arguments in a couple of threads over Skoda's Af.SS. Many of us feel (know, actually) how bad Skoda Af.SS can be. And we know about the bitter experiences of some owners too. But there are many who think otherwise and are trying to make their point. This thread can serve as a platform for discussion about Skoda AfSS to see that we don't puzzle people by arguing about the same in their other threads.

What I feel: From what I've heard, Skoda Af.SS is SCARY!
Absolutely Arkin my friends aunt in mysore was a victim, they had purchased superb in 2009 and still they are visiting A.S.S for one or other reasons.
Even once it had stalled when going from Bangalore to Mysore on a highway.

I don have any personal experiences but have read really bad reviews about Laura's A.S.S.

@ Mukesh Can you explain what was the reason for the stalling?

@ AMG I think only you support Skoda for now. So can you explain why?

AMG

Suspended
But buddy, believe me, its not a forum that is reputed, it is the members.
And those members who wrote the reviews were not at all reputed.
Have you noticed, they all vanished after the saga died down?
This further reaffirms my belief that they were Honda people who were there just to defame Skoda.

Now before you ask, why Honda?
Here is an answer, it is honda only that has a car in every segment that skoda has.
Superb - accord.
Laura - civic
Octavia - city
Fabia - jazz

And ours is a reputed forum, isnt it?
Suppose someone just makes a fake imaginary story and posts it here.
I hope you get what I am saying.

@ cooldhaya
Just that now you dont have any valid arguments left, you start questioning my integrity?
What do you think?
I am a Skoda employee?

Skoda support
amaan
AMG
350Z
Aditya

Yeah only a Skoda employee supports their cars this much!

Any proof that Skoda's A.S.S is better? We have proof that Skoda's A.S.S is poor from Mukesh and Raj.

Thread Starter #7
Someone please make a list of those who feel Skoda AfSS is bad, and include my name.
AMG. Please read mukeshus's post again. If he said this elsewhere, would it have meant that he is from Honda too? And your logic is strange. The Octavia is no way a competitor to the City. Honda must be too busy, and too professional to try and scratch Skoda's back through crooked means.

Mind you, the dip in Skoda sales was not very phenomenal after stories and debates on the larger forum with 60k + members.

-----------Next Post-----------
@Mukesh. Your Aunt must be having a tough time, as Skoda isn't very well established in Mysore.

Last edited:
I don have any personal experiences but have read really bad reviews about Laura's A.S.S.

@ Mukesh Can you explain what was the reason for the stalling?

@ AMG I think only you support Skoda for now. So can you explain why?
Dhaya his aunt doesn't have knowledge about cars.
But what my friend had to say was the engine oil check lamp used to glow intermittently.
And they had called A.S.S they told there was no problem.
After a few a min the car stalled & all of us went in our Scorpio till mysore.
The driver had to stay in the car till the help arrived.
I have no idea later what happened.
His aunt is a scientist , she was saying what she could have done when if she had drove alone on such condition.
Actually me along with friends were travelling on the same day towards my sore.

AMG

Suspended
The octy was a competitor to the city, price wise, in its dying days atleast.

For:
350Z
AMG
Aditya
amaan (maybe)

Againt:
Arkin
Mukeshus
Raj
CoolDhaya

Last edited:
Believe me Mukesh i have read the same comments for the PD engine in Jetta and Laura too. (AMG listening?). The check engine lamp glowing for no reason at times.

Though i also read that the new CR engine in both Jetta and Laura is really good!

Skoda makes wonderful cars. Now that VW are also a part of Skoda group they are making serious attempt to bring quality cars SUITED for indian conditions. I have driven THE "Superb" and Laura, these cars are class apart. There is no compare to other cars on Indian roads. *Most Skoda issues* have been because of dealers and NOT Skoda as a company. The one and the biggest mistake Skoda did was not to keep its dealers in check.

I am ready for this discussion. **Please remember The Superb is one car which packs features that are equal to 50+L cars and the Superb costs close to 22L.**

350Z

Core Team
This topic is related to Skoda, so let us all better focus on subject and share our own actual views and experiences rather than pointing towards a specific source. Please keep the discussions polite, otherwise this thread will need to be closed permanently.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hey MutantX i agree with you completely. The Superb has some cool amazing features and the Laura was an absolute delight to drive. But the thing we are discussing here is mainly about Skoda's A.S.S.

Even I too feel that ASS of Skoda is bad.
I dont have personal experiences, but read in many forums.
@AMG
You cannot say that its Honda people writing because they disappear after the saga come down. Some people may join only to mark their grievance and tell others not to be a victim of those companies. They may not get time to regularly check the forum. And does it mean that its fake because the members are not reputed.[confused]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom