Skoda “Octavia” Makes a Come Back To India. Full Coverage: Page.4

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Yes. Skoda Octavia will replace existing Laura by 2013 in order to synchronize the nomenclature which is used by Skoda in foreign markets. Excerpt from Autocar India:

Skoda is planning to bring the Octavia brand back to India in 2013, and will in the process replace the current Laura. This all-new model, codenamed A7, is expected to make its debut at the Geneva motor show next year. It will be built on VW’s modular MQB platform and will be substantially bigger than the Laura.

Skoda India plans to drop the Laura name altogether when it is launched, and the new car will be called the Octavia, bringing it back in line with the nomenclature used in international markets. “I like the name Octavia, it’s the best-selling car for Skoda and will definitely come back to India,” confirmed Professor Winfried Vahland during the Auto Expo.
octavia.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Skoda “Octavia” To Make a Come Back

Skoda will Christine the new Laura as Octavia. Globally the Laura is sold as Octavia.

well this will be very good move from skoda. too many people were confused between laura and octy now it wont happen!

Damn!!Till today I have been telling people that my Laura is premium over OCTIVA(Because people call it 'octiva' not 'octavia')and now Skoda is backstabbed me!![shock]

Yes this was to be expected since the new Jetta has rolled out. The new Octavia will now possibly get the same 140PS TDI engine in MT too.

Personally i like the Laura name more than the Octavia.

Damn!!Till today I have been telling people that my Laura is premium over OCTIVA(Because people call it 'octiva' not 'octavia')and now Skoda is backstabbed me!![shock]
I agree current Laura customers would be very unhappy to come across this news,but I think Octavia was always a car that personified Skoda in India ,don't you think so.Thus its really a great move by Skoda to go back to their roots in India.Octavia still is mighty strong brand ,and Vipul dear please don't take any offense, as good Laura TSI is there was a car 10 years ago that ruled the hearts of Indian enthusiasts, yes am talking about Octavia RS.

Well,being true this news is really hurting,if Skoda had to change the name then they should have done it immediately without any prior information,but now I know that with every passing day I'll see my car as one going to be discontinued and then it will also gain the same repo as 'Octaivia',the repo for being a more disturbing car than a good luxury saloon.
Although this is my hot favorite and I won't let it go off at least before 2 lac kms,same way like the Octy VRs owners are preserving their cars.

Re: Skoda “Octavia” To Make a Come Back in India

New Skoda Octavia spied in India

Built on VW’s new MQB variable platform that allows for almost infinite variations in length, wheelbase and width, the new Octavia is 90mm longer and 45mm wider than the Laura. The wheelbase now stands at 2686mm, and that is just shy of the one used for the VW Passat.

The fit and finish on the inside has also been stepped up. Seams are almost invisible, the quality of plastics is improved for the most part, and the neat and simple design of the dash is quite appealing. Boot space stands at a generous 590 litres.
Built on VW’s new MQB variable platform that allows for almost infinite variations in length, wheelbase and width, the new Octavia is 90mm longer and 45mm wider than the Laura. The wheelbase now stands at 2686mm, and that is just shy of the one used for the VW Passat.

The fit and finish on the inside has also been stepped up. Seams are almost invisible, the quality of plastics is improved for the most part, and the neat and simple design of the dash is quite appealing. Boot space stands at a generous 590 litres.
The new Octavia will also come with a range of new safety features such as lane assistance, automatic braking system and also fatigue detection system. It will also get as nine airbags. The new Octavia will also come equipped with adaptive cruise control and intelligent light assistant that switches automatically between low and high beams, and traffic sign recognition as well.

Though the car has a much larger footprint, prices are expected to be even more competitive than they are now (the Laura currently starts at Rs 12.9 lakh for the 1.8 TSI). The EA888 1.8 TSI engine will be upgraded and will now make around 175bhp in India. There will also be a new automatic version that is sure to attract a whole new set of customers. The base petrol, however, will be a 140bhp version of the 1.4 TSI, the engine seen on the VW Jetta, and is likely to be even more affordable. As earlier, there will also be two diesel versions. Both will use the same 2.0-litre TDI engine, but power outputs could be upped to 120 and 150bhp, respectively. Other engine options for the future include a 105bhp 1.6 diesel and possibly a 200-plus-bhp petrol vRS version, which could hit a top speed of 250kph. A diesel vRS is also likely to make it to Indian shores later.

New Skoda Octavia spied in India | News | Autocar India

Attachments

Hope skoda launched interiors with beige, this black doesn't look good in sedans, OK for sports cars only.

Hope skoda launched interiors with beige, this black doesn't look good in sedans, OK for sports cars only.
I don't understand why people are obsessed with beige. It is the most difficult to maintain too. I would anyday opt for black interiors.

The interiors are of LHD, what about India ?

Black interiors are definitely helpful to conceal the dirt ::eek:.Person spending 10 L ~ should not bother ideally about cleaning the interiors repeatedly irrespective of black or beige.

New Octavia is looking really great.

I hope that they bring the same model to India with similar interiors.

Repeated sitings indicate that the launch is near as the car was not camouflaged as well.

Top Bottom