Skoda’s New C-Segment Challenger is Rapid (Coverage Pg.12)

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
After BS-4 Emission Norms kicked in Skoda Auto India decided not to upgrade the age-ing yet popular Octavia notch back which was one of the sportiest car in Indian maket with in sub-15 Lakhs range but now that it’s already phased out from major cities, Skoda Auto is trying their best effort to get Indians an apt replacement for it as soon as possible but guess what?

The speculations indicates that the so called new model will share some similarities with sister company's upcoming Vento! There’s no concrete news about what exactly is coming up as a replacement but just keep those figures crossed.

skoda_octavia_india.jpg
(Info Courtesy: Carazoo.com)

Drive Safe,
350Z

So 2 similar cars under different badges. The Vento is essentially the Polo sedan, so does it mean that the Octy replacement will cost less than the outgoing octy?

I don't think so. Venot and Octi are different. The common stuffs they 'share' will not be apprent for us. Mostly it will be under the hood and other components which will reduce cost.

Thread Starter #6

350Z

Core Team
Yes, this news could be true. Check out the possible new model here which is currently available in Europe.
But that car is already available in India and known as Skoda Laura.

So 2 similar cars under different badges. The Vento is essentially the Polo sedan, so does it mean that the Octy replacement will cost less than the outgoing octy?
Like Shynish said, sharing common parts won’t mean that both the models will look alike. It is something what Maruti has been doing with their models in India, their cars right from Swift to Vitara share a few common parts if I remember correctly.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Like Shynish said, sharing common parts won’t mean that both the models will look alike. It is something what Maruti has been doing with their models in India, their cars right from Swift to Vitara share a few common parts if I remember correctly.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Common part may be wipers, Vibhor[lol] ha!

Drive Safe,
350Z
Common part may be wipers, Vibhor[lol] ha!
The Swift/SX4 and Vitara share a similar steering wheel, power window & climate control switches, wipers and Suzuki Logo.

Similar AC vents also.
Yes, I was going to mention it, but forgot.(EDIT: Some nuts and bolts too)
Back to the actual topic, let's make a list of what basically the VW Vento, and the Skoda Sedan might have in common -
1. Engine
2. Transmission
3. Underpinnings(?)
Please continue.

Last edited:
I still love the Octavia. They should have upgraded the octy engine to meet the norms and brought the newer model as well.

AMG

Suspended
Here is what Skoda India Board Member and Director (Sales and Marketing) Thomas Kuehl had to say

“We have phased out Octavia due to stricter emission norms, it will be replaced by the new entry level sedan, which will come with a price tag of Rs 6-10 lakh,” said Mr. Kuehl.

Top Bottom