Skoda’s New C-Segment Challenger is Rapid (Coverage Pg.12)

Re: Skoda Octavia Replacement Coming, Guess what?

latest spyshots of skoda felicia. looking very much like current octy only from side..

Attachments

Front & Side profile reminds me Cedia & back profile is typical Skoda or call it Laura.

Waiting for more info & final specs.

Thread Starter #34

350Z

Core Team

The Cedia looks different. It is stretched more like the current notchback Octavia (Thankfully). I’m happy that Felicia will carry the same bold and solid stance.

@ 350Z Yeah that trend is being followed by all manufacturer and i thought you only said it will be better if all cars of a manufacturers resemble each other in Kizhashi's thread?
I said that cars from a each manufacturer are carrying similar look, which is nice in order to easily identify that they belong to the same family but I never said that cars from same manufacturers should carry same faces too.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #35

350Z

Core Team

A Skoda Dealer informs that the Octavia replacement might be launching by this year end and most importantly, according to them it'll be named as 'Rapid'.

Drive Safe,
350Z

good scoop again 350Z! skoda rapid makes more sense to indian buyers rather than felicia or something else like that. but i love octavia name anyways!! [thumbsup]

Thread Starter #38

350Z

Core Team

A Skoda Dealer informs that the Octavia replacement might be launching by this year end and most importantly, according to them it'll be named as 'Rapid'.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Look. I was correct. Just saw the same published by Autocar India now: Skoda Rapid is Vento challenger | Autocar India

Drive Safe,
350Z

AMG

Suspended

Skoda is all set to reveal its VW Vento challenger, called the Rapid. Skoda has used the Rapid moniker several times in the past and it’s slated for a comeback when the saloon is launched during Diwali this year.

Built on the same platform as the Vento (code: VW251) the Skoda iteration (code SK: 251) will share most mechanical bits with the VW saloon which includes engines as well. Hence, the Rapid will come with the same 1.6 petrol and diesel motors both of which develop 105bhp.

However keeping the positioning of the two brands in mind, Skoda will price its Rapid slightly below the Vento and a couple of features could be deleted from the Rapid’s equipment list too. Sources inside Skoda also claim that the Czech company plans to shake up the market by launching an affordable version of the Rapid, priced in close proximity to Maruti’s SX4, which translates to a price (ex-showroom, Delhi) of approximately Rs 7 lakh for the petrol and Rs 7.80 lakh for the diesel.

The design language for the Rapid is thought to be based on the Vision D concept car shown in Geneva. A wider grille, simple but bold lines and beautifully crafted surfaces could mean this car looks better than the Vento. One Skoda trait missing on the car, however, will be the hatch, something that has been sacrificed in the interest of cost. Instead, the Rapid will get a traditional boot. The Rapid is also likely to see the introduction of Skoda’s updated chrome on black logo which looks much more modern and avantgarde.
Source: Autocar India

Rapid is nothing but a Fabia with a boot. [frustration]

Thread Starter #40

350Z

Core Team

Check out the spyshots of Skoda Rapid (codename: SK251) caught testing in Aurangabad by Velocitymag.com. The car is heavily disguised though.

Skoda-Rapid-rear-side.jpg

Skoda-Rapid-front-side.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Name sound cool! Fabia with a boot just like Polo with a boot , so no complaints from my side.

Rear looks very much like Octavia except that the tail lamps are looking like Laura's.

this is skoda "Rapid" see its not a prototype as per the picture (my guess)
also the cars a rhd may be india spec and mostly resembles the scoop pics.[cheers]
thank you

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #43

350Z

Core Team

That appears more as a Photoshop rendering with Vento'ish rear. No?

Drive Safe,
350Z

This rendering by od resembles the car very much . the front is dissapointing. from the sides and rear shes nice. Any idea on engine spec and pricing

Rapid251_657x490.jpg

Volkswagen-Polo-Sedan-1_657x490.jpg

Skoda-Fabia-sedan-1_657x490.jpg

Rapid7_657x490.jpg

Top Bottom