Skoda’s New C-Segment Challenger is Rapid (Coverage Pg.12)

Thomas Kuehl, Board Member, Sales and Marketing, ŠKODA Auto India said, “We have recently entered the most competitive C segment in India with the Rapid and expect it to become the bestseller within the ŠKODA family. We already have over 1600 bookings so far and the response to the Rapid has been phenomenal. We are excited and confident about our plans and promise to offer the best value to our customers.”

ŠKODA is looking towards the Indian market to contribute considerably towards the global sales figures. ŠKODA Auto India has introduced its new model Rapid on November 16th 2011 in the most competitive C segment. The Rapid is a car made for Indian roads manufactured at ŠKODA’s Chakan facility. It is a car “made in India and made for India.” India is also the first market to see the launch of ŠKODA Rapid as part of SKODA Auto a.s. global limousine strategy.

ŠKODA is the first automotive brand in the country to bring transparency in the buying process through its unique customer web portal. The ŠKODA Rapid can be booked and tracked online through the company owned online portal. ŠKODA had received 18 bookings for the Rapid within one hour of the commencement of the Online Booking Engine.

ŠKODA is working on their dealership network and after-sales service to enhance customer experience while reaching out to a larger section of customers across the country. ŠKODA currently has 90 dealerships in India, and expects to have about 100 by the year end.

Source:Skoda press release

Re: Skoda’s New C-Segment Challenger is Rapid (Coverage Pg.12)

After getting heartbreak by Honda Jazz (booked and cancelled due to late delivery) I have decided to move to Sedan and booked Skoda Rapid Diesel. I am expecting delivery very soon as the car is already out from plant.
I am thinking about tyre upgrade with delivery. Its coming with 175/70 R14 (steel) that I think this 105bhp diesel machine needs better set of tyres. The question is - will 185/60 R15 Alloys make difference? Any other suggestion

After getting heartbreak by Honda Jazz (booked and cancelled due to late delivery) I have decided to move to Sedan and booked Skoda Rapid Diesel. I am expecting delivery very soon as the car is already out from plant.
I am thinking about tyre upgrade with delivery. Its coming with 175/70 R14 (steel) that I think this 105bhp diesel machine needs better set of tyres. The question is - will 185/60 R15 Alloys make difference? Any other suggestion
Congrats on ur bookings ! Even my friend booked a Rapid a week ago.

And its highly recommended to go for a 15 inch alloy because, u get better handling, Better looks and also Better Braking(though it depends mostly on the tyre) !

Rev hard,
Jeno

Thread Starter #186

350Z

Core Team

That’s a pleasant surprise. Congrats, SedateDriver. I think you will be the first owner of Skoda Rapid here. Please don’t forget to share an ownership experience with us.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Congrats SedateDriver! First of the lot on TAI. Do share your experience once you lay your hands on the beauty!

And yes, do move to 15", as that will improve handling a lot!

If the original size is 175/70 R14, I think you can safely go for 185/60 R15. It is the best upgrade without losing too much in size and rotation.

SedateDriver congrats, Eager to see your thread with lot of pics [:)] Don't forget PDI
I wonder why they give 14" tires ? Also do check for extended warranty.

One neat feature I came across in my Rapid:

With ignition off, you can use the indicator switch to put on the parking lights for one side alone. Quite helpful if you want to park on the road side for short durations. Leaving only the required parking light(and brake light) on the traffic side ON. [clap]

And then you could lock up someone inside the Rapid. He would not be able to unlock the car from inside if he didnt have the key. [surprise]

I guess these are common to the Vento as well.

With ignition off, you can use the indicator switch to put on the parking lights for one side alone. Quite helpful if you want to park on the road side for short durations. Leaving only the required parking light(and brake light) on the traffic side ON.
Thanks, didn't knew this. But won't this look as if there is a bike beside the road rather than a car ? [confused]

And then you could lock up someone inside the Rapid. He would not be able to unlock the car from inside if he didnt have the key.
Hmm, seems we should carry out first experiment on you.[lol]
Just kiddin'.

One more thing i found out. There is a small gap between the dashboard and windshield at the front.
I pushed my office car pass badge when it was moving around on the dashboard and it went neatly into the slot. [frustration]
And i cant figure out how this can be removed. Not bothering since, it gets detected by the reader, so far...

Top Bottom