Six Point Parking Sensors

Thread Starter #46
@dhaya,better pictures are yet to be taken.
Yes,the sensors always produce a beep when brake is applied and if there are any object/person/vehicle in front on the car,the sensor will show the distance and if it is too close,it will shout "STOP,STOP,STOP".

Thread Starter #48
Oh so the sensors beep while going in bumper to bumper traffic also right? Don't you find that a bit annoying?
Well,actually it is useful during night time,to prevent from dozing off,and for day time driving,you have to get used with it.
The other choice is to have a separate switch for the front sensors,which gets activated on demand.
I am comfortable with the beep,as the sound makes me more cautious than before.

Congrats, Surendar. Parking sensors are sure a useful add-on. Just a few days ago I saw an i20 with LEDs on sensors. They glow each time you reverse the car.

Drive Safe,
350Z
I am also planning to install parking sensors. Interiors shop person was suggesting to go for camera instead of sensors.

I would like to know the pros and cons of these two systems.

Also, whether installing sensor/camera affect the utility of IVRM during normal running? I am depending a lot on IVRM while driving.

Last edited:
Hi I bought a Astar Automatic recently. The car will be delivered on saturday.[:)] I need to install a good 6 point reverse parking sensors. Some brands I have zeroed in are Xenos,RD,RedSoul and Maruti Genuine. I stay in Kolkata the problem is all dealers including my car dealer are offering 4 point sensors.Can anyone help me out where can I get a 6 point sensor in Kolkata.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #51
I am also planning to install parking sensors. Interiors shop person was suggesting to go for camera instead of sensors.

I would like to know the pros and cons of these two systems.

Also, whether installing sensor/camera affect the utility of IVRM during normal running? I am depending a lot on IVRM while driving.
I would personally suggest sensors rather than camera, as camera displays the
cars behind, and the distance has to be judged first carefully.
The sensors are good IMO.
Advantages : Easy to park in narrow spaces, close parking, invisible corners/ends which has to be turned by a guess work can be approximately calculated by the distance shown.
Disadvantages : 6 holes made on the car, the beep which is produced on applying brakes(for front sensors), though it can be muted(i like that beep), make sure that the holes are made at equal places and for cornering too.

Hi I bought a Astar Automatic recently. The car will be delivered on saturday.[:)] I need to install a good 6 point reverse parking sensors. Some brands I have zeroed in are Xenos,RD,RedSoul and Maruti Genuine. I stay in Kolkata the problem is all dealers including my car dealer are offering 4 point sensors.Can anyone help me out where can I get a 6 point sensor in Kolkata.
Even i faced similar problem here, then got my sensors from Xenos. I would recommend it, as i have been using it for past few months. I am totally satisfied for the money spent on it. Why don't you try through some car modifiers, i think you can get it easily.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Surendar. Yes I contacted a Xenos dealer he gave me 2 options.

LED DISPLAY IN REAR VIEW MIRROR-4400.00
VFD DISPLAY IN REAR VIEW MIRROR-4950.00

*With Installation

Is there any significant advantage of VFD display? Are the prices correct. Surendar how much did it cost to you?

ilango[speed thirst];56436 said:
Hmmm , [evil]

All most , any company does the same , but xenos quality level is low
Most of these branded car equipment manufacturers are basially importers of equipment from china without brand name and assemble, rebrand them... I can assure this as i am an importer from china(Not in the automobile trade though). I have a lot of importers(automobile sector) who supply these branded companies.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #55
Thanks Surendar. Yes I contacted a Xenos dealer he gave me 2 options.

LED DISPLAY IN REAR VIEW MIRROR-4400.00
VFD DISPLAY IN REAR VIEW MIRROR-4950.00

*With Installation

Is there any significant advantage of VFD display? Are the prices correct. Surendar how much did it cost to you?
You are always welcome bro.
Make sure that you get your sensors with 6 points and body colored ones, as they tend to increase the cost after getting it delivered to your place.
What is VFD?
I paid 4.5 k for my 6 point sensors in bright silver color(body color).

You are always welcome bro.
Make sure that you get your sensors with 6 points and body colored ones, as they tend to increase the cost after getting it delivered to your place.
What is VFD?
I paid 4.5 k for my 6 point sensors in bright silver color(body color).
i Read the entire thread as i am planning on getting 6 sensors fitted in my car too.
I have some doubts regarding the front sensors-
Shouldnt the front sensors get activated only on applying first gear as while parking we usually use first gear.But as you have mentioned they get activated each time you apply brakes.This will lead to unnecessary beeps.
Also How is it possible to use a switch for front sensors ?

Six point parking sensors in Toyota Fortuner.

The parking sensors available in Toyota vehicles are commonly known as Toyota Parking Assistant (TPA). TPA is basically six point sensors, 2 at front, and 4 at back. TPA got a small matchbox size visual indicator at the dashboard. Very useful on tight parking space.

20140110_121345.jpg
20140110_121405.jpg

Top Bottom