Silly Comments / Excuses by Auto Dealers

Re: Idiotic comments on vehicles from non-automotive friends

toyota sa "sir,pay the booking amount now. later maybe you wont have money !!"

fiat sa in showroom," sir dont take tuscanwine colour. it is very bad ,within one year you will comeback to repaint it.instead take bossa nova white , the paint will remain forever"
(tuscan wine punto was out of stock )

Last edited:
While on our way back to the dealership after testing the Tata venture, the Parking sensor started behaving wierdly.

The sensor was continuously beeping. I dont think he noticed the sound. When asked about the reason, his reply was: "Sir, there must be loose connection, will get back to its useful self by itself." After getting this reply, didnt ask any further[lol]?

Last edited:
I went to test the Prius just for fun and boy did I have fun with the SA.
Note that I acted very dumb and that i had no knowledge about the car.

Me: So what is the difference between Altis and Prius? I mean they are priced the same.
SA: Sir, Prius is more sporty looking. It can make girls be attracted to you. Altis has taxi image.
Me: Really? Then why do u sell the Altis to normal public if it has Taxi image?
SA: Sir, actually Toyota is smart sir. Honda is not. Toyota allows taxi service so Toyota can earn more money. Honda is just acting that their cars are just for hi-so people. LOL
Me: Is it so? So means I am hi-so person because I am having Civic? ALso which i means i am too hi-so for Altis?
SA: No sir, you are perfectly fine with Altis. *he made me walk to the Altis* Sir, you look perfect. All girls will come to you.
Me: I though you said that Prius will attract girls?
SA: Sir both will attract girls. Also sir, if you buy Altis now, we will give you super duper benefits.
Me: Really? What are those benefits?
SA: Sir we will fit Prius wheel caps on your Altis. So girls will come to you. We will also fit air freshner in the car so the passengers will be happy.
Me: So you think I should dump my Civic for this Altis?
SA: Yes sir. Altis is comfortable car. It is slower than Civic but more comfortable so passengers dont have to be jerked around when you press accelerator. ALso People will be more comfortable in Altis in high speed corner because Altis is not sporty.
Me: Seriously? WOW! I am impressed. I will come book the car next month. *I gave him my 5 years old number and walked away laughing*

see guys not only India has this. haha

recently i went to ford service centre to get the rear suspension and bearing of my ford ranger fixed .the dealer had no spares (as usual with ford)

he said it would take one month to bring it down from from abroad.

i asked why the hell you people cant maintain some basic spare part in store . to which he got bit furious and replied " it is not my fault but you guys drive it so much untill it breaks down . if you want your cars in good condition drive less"

my boss's 2 months old white dakota broke , auto gearbox failed. me and himself towed it to service centre. some critical parts failed as per the SA and it would take 6 weeks to arrive from USA .
my boss was not happy and asked it is just 2 months and you expect me use my foot untill 6 weeks ??
to which manager came down and said politely this gearbox is automatic and we cannot do anything, manufacturer designed it like that.

@ Archit LOL , what did that SA think , you are buying a car just to attract girls! And by super duper offers he just meant an air freshener and Prius wheel caps!

@ Jayadev I would have given one to that SA had he told me that! Cars are meant to be driven around daily , i can have a scale model if its just going to parked in the garage always according to that guy!

Re: New Swift Now Introduced at Rs.4.22 Lacs

you start a 2008model Palio Diesel with A/C on, there is a huge noise like a train engine. Even in the first few batches of Punto I found so. I may be wrong about the punto but atleast when I saw a Punto for the first time I felt so
:agree:I had TD in 2009 and I felt the same.There was too much engine noise inside .
So I asked the sales person why so? Man what a replay he gave me -

Sir it is a FIAT and so it has a noise like a F1 car.The noise gives 'The' feeling of FIAT car. I was like [cry]

Top Bottom