Silly Comments / Excuses by Auto Dealers

Some times back was visiting many show rooms for a car .

in suzuki - the dezire ldi waiting time was 6 months. Swift vdi was 4 months

this guy was comparing that with a benz and RR

sir , this is world famous car(his meaning is famous in india) , all famous car takes time to be delivered , only useless/worth less car will be readily available . take the example of benz and RR. OOPS

Then i asked , when you say ritz with same ddis engine can be delivered in a week , why not the swift , means the engine in swift is useless!! he was taken back by my ques.
To handle the situation , he said though both are same engine , swift has better look and aero dynamic . Hilarious!

One of the customer have phoned him and said that there car gives a milage of 25+
Many claim 23+ (One of my friends oldest activa gives 30 kmpl)

I know about the real figure , to drive at steady 55kmph , i would have have bought a nano itself!!

This one is not in show room though!

In tata service here , what every problem you say , the first thing they say is , all car of this type has that problem.

If you say door is rattling in vista , they say all vista has that problem . Funny and irritating.

Last edited:

AMG

Suspended
ilango[speed thirst];38163 said:
sir , this is world famous car(his meaning is famous in india) , all famous car takes time to be delivered , only useless/worth less car will be readily available . take the example of benz and RR. OOPS
OMG. [lol]

I would have lost my temper at the guy.

SG: “Sir, In Southern India region, the prices are high”
Me: “But doesn’t Nissan has their own plant down in Chennai itself? So why…”
SG: “Yes, there is a plant but the cars from Chennai plant first come up to Delhi and then they are distributed across the country, like Bangalore you said. In fact, there is no showroom of Nissan in Chennai”
Me: “Okay!”
Instead of that "Okay" you should have asked some thing like this: "Can I ask you something, Are you insane!?" :lol!:

SG: “Sir, In Southern India region, the prices are high”
Me: “But doesn’t Nissan has their own plant down in Chennai itself? So why…”
SG: “Yes, there is a plant but the cars from Chennai plant first come up to Delhi and then they are distributed across the country, like Bangalore you said. In fact, there is no showroom of Nissan in Chennai”
Me: “Okay!”

Drive Safe,
350Z
What the hell was she trying ton prove by lying?[gun]

When my dad was comparing the DZire and i20, a Hyundai sales executive told my dad that the difference between the Swift and i20 was that i20 comes with the excellent Kappa Engine and Swift, with K-series!!

When my dad asked him how the i20 was the safest in class, apart from ABS and Airbags, we were told that during a collision, the engine 'falls down' and does not project into the cabin![surprise]

What the hell was she trying ton prove by lying?[gun]

When my dad was comparing the DZire and i20, a Hyundai sales executive told my dad that the difference between the Swift and i20 was that i20 comes with the excellent Kappa Engine and Swift, with K-series!!

When my dad asked him how the i20 was the safest in class, apart from ABS and Airbags, we were told that during a collision, the engine 'falls down' and does not project into the cabin![surprise]
that is quite bad and quite dangerous!! [frustration]

Now this is something truly hilarious and unbelievable. This was a little while back, I guess 5-6 months ago. I had been to a Maruti Suzuki dealership in Mumbai (won't disclose the name) to check out the Zen Estilo and the Ritz. Whilst we were going through the TD rituals, I remembered a question my friend had requested me to ask (he owns a MS and had bought it from that very showroom). So I loitered off alone, and caught a salesman and innocuously asked him, "Excuse me, can you tell me how many doors the A-Star has?". I was expecting a weird look and a swift answer of "5". And LO! To my surprise, the SP, looking sheepish, told me, "One minute sir, let me go and see." [frustration] and I was almost about to explode into peals of laughter. He returns a minute later with a sheepish answer, "Sir, 4". And I break into laughter then and there [clap] Never had I seen such stupidity at a showroom!

So I loitered off alone, and caught a salesman and innocuously asked him, "Excuse me, can you tell me how many doors the A-Star has?". I was expecting a weird look and a swift answer of "5". And LO! To my surprise, the SP, looking sheepish, told me, "One minute sir, let me go and see." [frustration] and I was almost about to explode into peals of laughter. He returns a minute later with a sheepish answer, "Sir, 4". And I break into laughter then and there [clap] Never had I seen such stupidity at a showroom!
Errr Amaan, buddy, you're mistaken.
The A-Star basically has 4 doors, but it is considered as a 5 door. ie- 4 doors + the Boot. All hatchbacks, including the Accent Viva and Skoda Octy have 5 doors.

But yes, the the SE indeed showed stupidity by later saying "Sir, 4"

Haha Amaan's and Arkin's experiences are hilarious! Regarding the stupidity of SA i will update it in my Safari ownership thread with full details.

Regarding stupidity from SE here is one answer from a Figo SE here in Chennai. My friend went there to enquire about Figo and when he asked why not Power windows in the rear the answer was , the glass is too big and heavy for the power window motor sir![lol]

@ Arkin: Forget about the answer , did he have to go and enquire or check out the car to just find out the number of doors? Man that is what is even more funny!

Last edited:
Haha Amaan's and Arkin's experiences are hilarious! Regarding the stupidity of SA i will update it in my Safari ownership thread with full details.

Regarding stupidity from SE here is one answer from a Figo SE here in Chennai. My friend went there to enquire about Figo and when he asked why not Power windows in the rear the answer was , the glass is too big and heavy for the power window motor sir![lol]
That's what I call "Power windows" use your own power to lift 'em up!:biggrin:

Most of the SE will say 4 doors only. When a person with very less knowledge about cars get the answer 5 door, he'll think the SE is stupid. And yep, going back to check the answer... Hilarious..[lol]

I got stunned when a lady executive in Ford dealership in my city said about rear door power windows. She exactly knew it and told it's because of wheel arch..

Last edited:
Errr Amaan, buddy, you're mistaken.
The A-Star basically has 4 doors, but it is considered as a 5 door. ie- 4 doors + the Boot. All hatchbacks, including the Accent Viva and Skoda Octy have 5 doors.

But yes, the the SE indeed showed stupidity by later saying "Sir, 4"
I know that all small cars have 5 doors including the boot. And that's what made my experience even more hilarious! Even after going to check the number of doors, he told me "4" instead of the expected "5"! [lol]

[lol]

I got stunned when a lady executive in Ford dealership in my city said about rear door power windows. She exactly knew it and told it's because of wheel arch..
It depends on the dealership.

IMO, many used car dealership SEs have better knowledge about the cars they sell.

wow this is one great thread and even better than jokes one. i cant imagine that companies still have so ignorant salesmen with them. and i think most of them will answer only 4 doors because many people [except in technical terms] dont know about 5th door. so instead of getting in debates sales guys opt easier way with buyers by tlling simple things..

Very funny thread.
I was once asked to shift to 4th gear at 40 khp and never to go above 2000 RPM mark in Swift VDi.

OMG, This is hilarious.
There is no nissan show room in chennai? :tongue:
We have one in CBE, so Chennai should obviously have one.

Now this is something truly hilarious and unbelievable. This was a little while back, I guess 5-6 months ago. I had been to a Maruti Suzuki dealership in Mumbai (won't disclose the name) to check out the Zen Estilo and the Ritz. Whilst we were going through the TD rituals, I remembered a question my friend had requested me to ask (he owns a MS and had bought it from that very showroom). So I loitered off alone, and caught a salesman and innocuously asked him, "Excuse me, can you tell me how many doors the A-Star has?". I was expecting a weird look and a swift answer of "5". And LO! To my surprise, the SP, looking sheepish, told me, "One minute sir, let me go and see." [frustration] and I was almost about to explode into peals of laughter. He returns a minute later with a sheepish answer, "Sir, 4". And I break into laughter then and there [clap] Never had I seen such stupidity at a showroom!
If the SE tells to all his customer that A-star has 4 door, most of them would laugh at him. Only the few auto freaks would understand it. But he sure is a dumb SE, he could have said to you directly that it has 4 doors or may be he tried to make a little fun of you thinking you are ignorant(without knowing that you actually made fun of him) as everyone knows Maruti cars comes with 4 doors.

Top Bottom