Silly Comments / Excuses by Auto Dealers

Well,dear 2Teja,the power to weight ratio of Esteem really makes it a perfect SWIFT car,no doubt.
Just think what could have the SE said if you would have asked "What is the difference between the DZire and Esteem"?
I am sure he would have said something like "Sir,yeh DZire hai and DZire badi DZirable hai(sir,this is DZire and it is very DZirable)"!!

Well,dear 2Teja,the power to weight ratio of Esteem really makes it a perfect SWIFT car,no doubt.
Just think what could have the SE said if you would have asked "What is the difference between the DZire and Esteem"?
I am sure he would have said something like "Sir,yeh DZire hai and DZire badi DZirable hai(sir,this is DZire and it is very DZirable)"!!
Ha, lol. And little would he be knowing that Esteem used to be sold as Swift worldwide a while ago.

Two funny incidents which i encountered recently.

1. In TATA'S workshop when i recently went in my Aria the SA said the full form of TCS is Temperature control system!

2. Then when i TD the Force one SUV a few months back , i told the SE the clutch is very hard compared to even my Aria. He said the car has just now arrived sir we have not yet done the PDF( he wanted to say PDI)!!!!

Two funny incidents which i encountered recently.

1. In TATA'S workshop when i recently went in my Aria the SA said the full form of TCS is Temperature control system!

Going by the reputation of Tata SA's, I'm glad that he/she at least got two words correct out of three.

2. Then when i TD the Force one SUV a few months back , i told the SE the clutch is very hard compared to even my Aria. He said the car has just now arrived sir we have not yet done the PDF( he wanted to say PDI)!!!!
Much better than the reply my cousin got when he pointed out to his SA that the front wipers of his about-to-be-delivered Safari were not working : " Sir, aap gaadi le jaao, ye fault Post Delivery Inspection mein theek karwa denge" (Sir, please take the vehicle with you, we would get this fault fixed during the Post Delivery Inspection)

Last edited:

AMG

Suspended
Me: Why are the cars in your showroom all july manufactured?

Skoda Sales Executive: The chasis is imported, so thats why it is that old.

I was in Pune, my cousin stays there. He was looking to buy a new SUV in the 10-12 lakh bracket. I suggested him to have a look at the Safari & Scorpio. He was not interested in the Innova. He was looking for the year end discuonts & so he did not want to wait for the Merlin either. He had driven my Scorpio numerous times & so he knows everything about it. So we headed to the nearest TATA dealer. My cousin has requested me not to mention the name of the dealer as it was owned by his ex-collegue's dad!

As we entered the showroom, we see a Manza, Vista (in yellow, eek!), Nano & Aria. where is the safari?

Yes sir, how can I help you?
We are here to have a look at the safari.
Please have a seat sir.

We wait. We are waiting. We are still waiting...

burrp!
sorry, heavy lunch!

Now i am yawning with mouth wide open like a cheetah (XUV?!?!)

Finally, the 'mahaan' sales executive greets us.

hello sir, welcome to ******
hi, thank you for coming, i was looking for a sofa actually.
sorry sir...
heard that safari's rear seat is as comfortable as a sofa? err... we want to have a look at the safari? do you have one?
yes sir, it is parked outside.
okay, we want to have a look as well as a test drive.
why do you need a test drive sir?
what? why? dont customers generally ask for test drives in Pune?
they do... for other cars sir. for safari, you dont need 'test drives'!

there was a sarcasm in his voice when he said 'test drive'. I felt like giving him a big kick on his nano-like nose.

well, we would definetely need a test drive.

he gruffs, goes inside to fetch the keys and takes us outside to the car. we are taken directly to the test drive car. I sit in the driver's seat, my cousin in the passenger's seat & the SE on the rear seat. The car has run some 7000 kms.

How come this car has run only 7k kms?
i told you sir, safari does not need 'test drives'.

Now I am sure, if he does not stop his sarcasm, his nano nose will becomes indica nose today, in cherry red colour.

well, i know about the car. explain my cousin about the features. he is looking for a GX 4x2.
good decision sir... this car has this... that... then this... and most importantly, it is a 'safari' sir, you will be a VIP if you buy the Safari sir.
V-I-P? how?
Safari is a VIP vehicle sir.
ok, good. well, i was suggesting him the innova. it is a toyota.
arre noooooooooo! old guys buy innovas.
My friend, I have an innova & it is standing right there.
hmmmm, and sir, the safari even has ....

After he is finished, I again frown at him and -

see my innova there!

He picks up the phone (which is not ringing).

excuse me sir... hello, yes sir...
say my hi to the imaginary caller.

We are off for a test drive & I am driving.

Has TATA done something to the Safari? this car feels more resposnive than the earlier ones.
Sir, TATA follows a "upgrade pack" policy, they change their cars every 6 months.
WHAT?
yes sir.
please share the source of your information.
We work for them, so we know sir.
OK.
They should be improving on their after sales service though.
Our A.S.S. is the best sir. we even give free wash.
O-K-A-Y !!! How nice.
I meant that you should be customer friendly.
We are sir. We have service reminders.
WOW! really? how nice.

Test drive finished. We thank him, give our contact details, bid him adieu.

I am going in my "innova". see its there.

Frown.

Last edited:
well, i know about the car. explain my cousin about the features. he is looking for a GX 4x2.
good decision sir... this car has this... that... then this... and most importantly, it is a 'safari' sir, you will be a VIP if you buy the Safari sir.
V-I-P? how?
Safari is a VIP vehicle sir.ROFL
ok, good. well, i was suggesting him the innova. it is a toyota.
arre noooooooooo! old guys buy innovas.again ROFL
My friend, I have an innova & it is standing right there.
hmmmm, and sir, the safari even has ....
Should have asked sarcastically that even ace is VIP's goods carrier?
Bah wonder how they train at Tata dealers for this employee!

After he is finished, I again frown at him and -
see my innova there!
He picks up the phone (which is not ringing).
excuse me sir... hello, yes sir...
say my hi to the imaginary caller.
This is very disgusting and humiliating yaar!

Raj that is the Brains of Tata lover and moreover dealer's employee! That is why their colors are known by all[:D]

Folks, a new one to this thread.

Recently, I requested for a TD of VW Polo Petrol and the guy was prompt, gave me a call and met 2 hours later at my office, appreciated. Now I enter the cabin and don't find it premium/plush. This was the highline and I was disappointed, people have been going gaga over VW interior quality and it frankly is OK.

Coming on to the point; I crank the ignition, slot the 1st gear, engine noise is audible. I assume it might be due to the low gear so I slot the 2nd, nope, 3rd nope, 4th, 5th, and... the noise is still audible and its prominent. I asked the fellow SA, "Isn't there a peculiar noise coming, is it like this or is the service/repair due?". And my fellow countrymen, the freshly recruited SA reverts saying, "Sir, its a (Read: AY phonetically) sporty noise, not ay irritating noise. German peoples like it". I wanted to burst into laughter but didn't thinking why to embarrass someone. And I drive, and drive and then finally while returning from the miniscule hill section of crater ridden Okhla in New Delhi, I was stepping on the gas as we were moving up the hill, and the car started making more noise and before I could say, "Isn't it making noise", the SA prompted those golden words again, "Sir, its ay sporty noise, not ay irritating noise. German peoples like it". And I finally said, "Brother, I ain't no German, and even if I was, I still would not like my petrol car to sound like this". Bid adieu to the gentlemen and booked the Swift that evening. Got the delivery on the 3rd day after the checks got cleared.

So guys, I'm a new owner of a Silver Swift VX, not opening a new thread for it since I'm occupied a bit these days so just a brief summary:

Bought it from AAA Savitri Nagar again, from that Dezire wala guy. Got gear lock for free, and a discount on bluetooth enabled Nippon HU (MRP: Rs. 9500), 4xJBL speakers (MRP: 3500), Reverse parking sensor (MRP: 2400), Llumar film (MRP 1450+200 labor). Paid a total of Rs. 18700/= including tax, labor everything. Swift is fun to drive but too soft, maybe after coming from Esteem, Scorpio and 1t gen Santro, Swift seems very light and butter smooth, anyways I enjoyed my Esteem way more than anything and I sold it off for Rs. 55,000. It's AC had conked off finally, and I was in no mood of spending money on it AC followed by the routine engine service, that should have costed me around Rs. 6000 since it was due past 1 year.

So guys, have a good laugh until next time when I get hold of some new SA TD'ing some new car.

"Sir, its a (Read: AY phonetically) sporty noise, not ay irritating noise. German peoples like it".
I have been in VW and have attended their trainings too.

Believe it or not, sales people are trained to say this, yes... exactly this. I am not kidding. They are well aware that their cars are noisy, so they find this as an excuse. Non car enthusiasts may fall prey to this.

Went with a friend to buy him a Tata Safari.

Friend
: Why should I buy from you and not from the one of the other two dealers in this city unless you are giving me a hefty discount over the prices mentioned by those two dealers?

SA: Sir, the cars that we get at our dealership are specially manufactured by Tata for us. So they will be better than the cars that you would get at the other dealer's place.

Me: [clap]

Went with a friend to buy him a Tata Safari.

Friend
: Why should I buy from you and not from the one of the other two dealers in this city unless you are giving me a hefty discount over the prices mentioned by those two dealers?

SA: Sir, the cars that we get at our dealership are specially manufactured by Tata for us. So they will be better than the cars that you would get at the other dealer's place.

Me: [clap]
This is best of all.

It would have been damn best if he said they are original tata motors and they manufacture them and sell . the other just buy and sell so high price there. [evil]

Beat this one.

My friend had called me to buy him a Premier Rio (don't ask why) at Indore. Dealer - Joshi Premier. Shabby place. Really shabby.

SA: Good afternoon sir.

Friend : Hi, good afternoon.

SA: So sir, are you here to buy a car?

Friend (probably thinking "no, I'm here to buy potatoes"): Er, yes.

SA (BEAMING): Then you have come to the right place sir. I am Mayank and this (taking us to the Rio) is the best SUV in the world - THE RIO.

Me - [lol] x 100000000000

Friend : Er, the best SUV in the world?

SA: Yessirrrrrrrrr!!!!

Friend : Why?

SA (has exhausted his limited Engilish vocabulary by now): Sir becauj it is very great aur 5 lakh mein aajkal aur kaunsa SUV aata hai? (which other SUV can you buy for Rs 5 lakhs?)

Friend: Oh. Can you tell me about it's power and torque?

SA : But sir it ijj varry powerful and vaary torkful.

Friend: How much power and how much torque?

SA: Sir varry powerful and varry torkful. Aur hamari website pe bhi likha hai "This is no ordinary SUV" (Our website also mentions that this is no ordinary SUV)

Friend: Do you have the figures?

SA: No sir but I have the brauchour (brochure). Oyeee Vishallllll.......(shouts for someone)

Friend: I have heard that it's soon going to have the 1.3 Fiat diesel?

SA (confused but sheepishly confident): Er....yes sir Fiat and Premier and one and the same company...pehle bhi to Fiat ki Premier car aati thi naa (Fiat used to make Premier car in the past, no?)

Friend: I dont think so.

SA: Arrey sir aap bhi kya baat karte ho......aapne purani Fiat nahin dekhi kya India mein kabhi? (Oh c'mon sir what are you saying, haven't you seen an old Fiat in India?)

Friend: Can you give me a test drive?

SA (proudly): Sir apa mera record kkharab karoge....aaj tak yahan se maine jitne bhi Rio beche hain, sab bina test drive ke beche hain. Gaadi hi itni badhiya hai ki test drive ki zarurat hi nahin hai ( Sir, you will ruin my record. I have sold all Rios from here till date without offering anyone a test drive. The car's so good that a test drive is just not required).

Friend (Has had enough. raises an eyebrow at me and says) : You deal with him yaar.

Me : See we dont want to spoil your record. So we will take test drive at Sunstar (the other Premier dealer in Indore).

SA: Nononononononononononononononooooo sir nonononononononooooo..........

Friend and Me run out of the showroom.

My friend's decided he'll wait for the Duster.

Last edited:
My maruti dealer saying he cant give confirm date for dezire as maruti sending only 1-2 dezire ldi per month to them. And he is delhi biggest dealer [anger]

Top Bottom