Silly Comments / Excuses by Auto Dealers

Ford: With a shyish smile, not able to manage with his Hinglish anymore, switched to Hindi and said, "Sir, fir window tho ithna bada hai na? Koi aur gaadi me nahi milaegi..."
Sir please I want all our members to translate it in English in a bracket or something as many of us don't know Hindi :stupid:please this is a request .

I request here because while going through this post the party stopped in the middle .

Sorry Maximas007. My bad... Just realized it after I clicked on to submit.

BTW, we are in the same boat, I too don't know hindi. However, practicing it since I am in Pune for the as 4 years. Survival of the Fittest... BTW, to counter your smiley

Here you go... "Sir, fir window tho ithna bada hai na? Koi aur gaadi me nahi milaegi..." - Sir, the window is really big and you don't find it that big in any other car.

Though the point is someway true, that is not the answer to the question.

as many of us don't know Hindi :stupid:please this is a request .
BTW, just to counter your smiley, we aren't stupid at all... Just that our politicians are cleverer. Anyways, no politics...[thumbsup]

Happened with me when I was window shopping for SX4 and Honda City. Finally went for TD for the city AT. And I asked the SA,

I: "How do you compare your City AT with SX4 AT".
SA: "Ummm... (shuffling pages of the brochure in between), Sir... (another pause), Honda City has arrow shot form design, SX4 doesn't".
I: So what can I do with it.
SA: Sir... people nowadays prefer cars that have taken design cues from arrow, which are sleeker.
I: You my friend will go miles ahead in career, by the way it seems like you have done an MBA (Not mocking at people who are studying business or are already qualified business admins. but there are a certain kind of MBA's who are recognizable, he apparently happened to be one.)
SA: Thank you, how do you like the car.
I: WONDERFUL, the AT is OK, the space inside is OK, the interiors and engine also seem to be just OK, but the "ARROS SHOT FORM" design is absolutely wonderful.
SA: So when do you plan to book the car.
I: I'm here for a TD, I'm actually planning to buy an SUV.
SA: (Dissapointed), Sir... 1 aur le lo, bohot hi badiya gaadi hai. (Buy another one, its one heck of a car).
I: Giving for free?
SA: OK Sir, let me know of any references.

That guy seemed to be a novice in the industry and I told him the same and that it won't be surprising if you won't generate any leads, since you have not been trained well. Not his fault, he was trying his best, rather good, but the trainers and his senior SA's I said were at fault.

ROFL! the besshhht!

by the way, i think you were already sold on the Brio even before you entered the FIAT showroom!
Not exactly. Here's what happened at the Honda showroom:

We enter the showroom and I take my friend straight to the Blue Brio parked in a corner and am explaining the car to him when a smartly dressed female SA approaches us and interrupts:

SA (With a HUGE smile): Good evening sir ! This is the Brio. Sir it's actually pronounced B-REE-OHH.

I (barely managing to suppress my laughter) : Good evening. So tell me about this B-REE-OHH.

SA: Sir this is the baste (best) car made by Honda in the (swings both her arms over her head and brings them down forming a huge arc) wooooorld .

I (controlling my laughter like anything): That's great. But can you tell me why?

SA (looks surprised as if I have asked a dumb question) : Sir because it's a Honda and Honda makes only baste cars.

I : Okay. Please tell me what best features does this B-REE-OHH have.

SA: Sir it has a most powerful injan (engine) and ABS.

I (sounding genuinely dumb): Hmm. ABS. What does it do?

SA: Sir it a very advanced electronic system developed by Honda.

I: But what does this very advanced electronic system developed by Honda do?

SA (excuses herself and comes back after two minutes while my friend and I let out our suppressed laughter): Sir ABS ensures that there are no brakes in an emergency so you cannot have any accident.

I: If the car has no breaks in an emergency then how will it stop?

SA: Umm...

I: Can you tell me the estimated delivery time if my friend here books the car today?

SA (relieved and flashes smile): Sir we have many bookings and due to floods in Indonesia, Honda is getting very less spares for the car and so you will not get the car until three months from today sir.

I: You mean Indonesia or Thailand?

SA (flutters her eyebrows) : Indonesia sir. Honda has two Plants there.

I: What discounts/freebies would you provide with the car?

SA: Sir there are no discounts but we will give you free mud flakes (sic), ganesha idol and mat lagwa doongi car ke andar (Would get the mats installed inside tha car).

I (have had enough): Thanks! Can I meet someone senior here at the showroom?

SA: It's closing time sir but I am fully knowledgeable about the car and you can ask me any quarry (query) if you have any more.

I: Thank you. We would like to make a booking. What was the pronounciation again?

SA : Sir, it's B-REEE-OHH.

Thread Starter #68

350Z

Core Team
This was a response of Ford’s Dealership employee upon telling him that as per vehicle identification number, the car is more than four months old. He says it normally takes that much time to manufacture a car because it goes through various processes like painting, welding etc. I said, really?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Not exactly. Here's what happened at the Honda showroom:

We enter the showroom and I take my friend straight to the Blue Brio parked in a corner and am explaining the car to him when a smartly dressed female SA approaches us and interrupts:

SA (With a HUGE smile): Good evening sir ! This is the Brio. Sir it's actually pronounced B-REE-OHH.

I (barely managing to suppress my laughter) : Good evening. So tell me about this B-REE-OHH.

Ha ha ha [clap]altimate (ultimate) response I must say. Just read "HER" part imagining Raju Srivasatav in mind. It will add further glitters to the entire conversation. [lol]

The day I visited to see the Skoda Rapid with my friend(we went in a Honda City):-
So we enter the Skoda dealership here in Meerut and as soon as we entered the showroom,we saw a display car(Rapid)straight in front of us and we started seeing it,then came a smiling guy and a sweet good looking girl and asked:-

They:Yes sir,What do you want to see?

I:What is seen in the car showrooms??

She(smiling):Oh,good joke,so sir which car you want to see?

I:First is Laura TSI and second is Rapid TDI.

Guy:Laura TSI????

I:You don't know Laura TSI?Okay this one it is(the display car was a TSI itself).
Now tell me,what this car has,I think its a diesel Laura?

They:Yes sir,this is a diesel Laura and(reading through the brochure)this car has everything.

I:What about safety?

They:Sir 6 airbags..

I:[surprise]6 airbags!!I too own a TSI,it has only two,also its just 9 months old.

She:Sir Naya model aa gaya hai(new model has came).

We see the Laura and then I asked her "Two airbags on dash,where are other four"?
Then reading the brochure "It says that this car has a 1800cc petrol engine,then where is diesel car"?

The GUY SIMPLY VANISHED and girl lost her smile(But what was great is that none of the dealership staffers,not even the manager knew that TSI means Petrol Laura),so now we turned to the Rapid.

Now again the girl smiles and says:-
"Sir,a great car it is,in fact we have booked more than 10 in just 3 days".

I:So?

She:Sir its a very good car and have a look inside(opening the front door).

I:We are chauffeur driven!!

She(again upset,opens the rear door):Sir see there is a lot of space and there is a SEPARATE A/C for rear passengers.

I:WOW.so this car has two A/Cs??

She:Yes sir,it has two of them.

I:But what about the third passenger,there is high tunnel and nearly no legroom in the middle.

She:Sir,it is there in every car,even Honda City(pointing towards our City)has it and less space then this car.

I(Giving her City's keys):Jaaker City ki rears eat dekho ek baar(go and have a look at City's rear seat once).It was most comfy,it is most comfy and it will be.

Since my friend was in a hurry to leave so we saw the car ourselves,quite impressed by the car and left saying "A good car it is,we will definitely book one".

She:"Sir,your contact number"?

Gave it to her and left...

From that day itself,every third day the girl makes a phone call and every time she tells us about a new feature or what new she has learnt about the car.

Our classic evergreen foolishness,most of the time showed by MS and Hyundai and Tata guys:
We:This car has no ABS,Airbags!!

SE:Sir,ABS and airbags are a waste of money.Life and death is in God's hands.

While at the time I booked my Laura,we got a SE guy who perfectly answered each of my query,same was with our Innova and my friend's City,in fact she was a lady but simply bowled us.

Thread Starter #72

350Z

Core Team
Our classic evergreen foolishness,most of the time showed by MS and Hyundai and Tata guys:
We:This car has no ABS,Airbags!!

SE:Sir,ABS and airbags are a waste of money.Life and death is in God's hands
Yes, exactly. Even the sales person at Chevrolet Dealership (Gurgaon) told me the same.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thats a huge swing from a sedan to SUV.

BTW, the other 2 experiences were hilarious too!!!
Well I always wanted a big mean machine ever since the days of Tata Sierra (What a beautiful SUV that was). I had then recently moved back to India and wanted to try out the auto trann'ed cars here, hence TD'ed SX4 and City.

BTW, a recent experience while buying a Dzire VXi at AAA Savitri Nagar, Delhi for my sister goes as follows:
We(Sister and I): Waiting period is too long on Dzire
SA: Sir, yeh Dzire hai (Sir, this is Dzire)
We: I know that, but even on petrol
SA: Sir, Dzire hai yeh, is par waiting rehti hi hai
We: Discounts?
SA: No discount Sir (Shocked), Dzire hai yeh is par kuch discount nahi
We: Freebies?
SA: Sir, yeh Dzire hai, is ke saath kuch free nahi hai
(Although we got air freshner, and gear lock as freebies, SA happened to be my mother's ex-student)
We: How is it compared to Etios, Manze etc?
SA: Sir, yeh Dzire hai. Koi to reason hoga is par itni waitlist hai.

Had enough of the (un)Dzire(d) experience, but I pitty the arketing scene in India. Never have I come across a thorough knowledgable person who answers in a technical yet reasonable manner, barring the time when I TD'ed my Scorpio from Koncept Auto, Safdarjung.

Another experience while TD'ing Safari last year and I won't make it long this time:

I: How do you compare Safari with Scorpio
SA: Sir, it's got 140HP vs Scorpio's 120HP, inspite of being on leaf springs, its more comfy than Spring coiled Scorpio and the rest facts that everone knows and finally:

"Sir, sau (100) baaton ki 1 baat, koi to kaaran hoga ki humaare Sardarji Safari main ghoomte hain" and I burst into laughter, yet what he said was true. What he meant was, there must be a reason as to why our Sardarji (read: PM. MM Singh) roams around in a Safari. Tacky and funny his way was but I liked it.

[lol]Hilarious ROFL..I mean Yeh DZire hai sir(it is DZire sir)!!!
You would have told him that you are not buying this car.Why?"Because YEH DZIRE HAI SE BHAI"!!

And our MMS bhi moves in a BMW as much I remember,but still that was a fantastic reason for why a person should consider a Safari.The SE's attack would really had left many with closed mouth with nothing to speak..[clap]

[lol]Hilarious ROFL..I mean Yeh DZire hai sir(it is DZire sir)!!!
You would have told him that you are not buying this car.Why?"Because YEH DZIRE HAI SE BHAI"!!
Vipul, the irony is my sister ended up buying the Dzire from that fellow as Ive mentioned what all things I got free, she liked the looks and says its smooth to drive, and ended up saying Dzire hai na, she is in love with it now. Anyways, the best part is I got my Esteem back which she had for a brief period of time and I get to enjoy the ORIGINAL SWIFT (Read: Esteem).

Top Bottom