Silly Comments / Excuses by Auto Dealers

Now i remember another statement which i heard from a VW dealership here. Me and my asked a TD for Polo petrol , we drove a Fabia petrol before and found the engine noise to be much higher in Polo. We asked the reason why the engine noise is high when compared to other petrol hatchbacks he said "Sir in European countries people like to hear the noise of the engine while driving and in America people like to hear the sound of the exhaust".

I found his reply to be silly!!

"Sir in European countries people like to hear the noise of the engine while driving and in America people like to hear the sound of the exhaust".
[cry]
Now what is that. And what about India [;)]

ilango[speed thirst];38170 said:
Comparing dezire with RR
Both are equally ugly!

during a collision, the engine 'falls down' and does not project into the cabin![surprise]
This actually happened to one of my friends Dzire. Only there was no collision, just hard breaking.

At the Hyundai dealership the SA was telling a customer (who told him about his desire to go for the Polo instead of i20) "Polo is not a good car. It has a 3 cylinder engine. i20 has a 4 cylinder engine.

Re: Female Sales Executives - Are they Confident Enough?

I once had a strange experience too it wasn't a Female Sales Executive but a guy. Went to check out Etios:-
Me:- How much bhp is etios
Sales Executive :- (Giving me a weird look) Sir its 110 bhp.
Me:- (Shocked):- I thought its 90 Bhp. Anyways what is the stop speed of the car.
Sales Executive :- (Very confidently) Sir! Car can do 200 km/hr see the speedo meter. I myself drove the car at 160km/hr last night.

I couldn't stop smiling at myself and didn't dare to ask him any other questions.

At the Tata-Fiat dealership to shop for a Punto 1.2 for my friend:

SA - Sir Punto 1.2 sir. Best power sir. 68 Bhp !!

I - WOW !!! 68 Bhp !! But my Brio also has a 1.2litre engine and it gives me 87 Bhp.

SA - True sir. But perphormance (sic) depends not only on Bhp but on power-to-weight raso (sic) and the Punto's power-to-weight raso (sic) ijj thee beshht (sic).

I (more surprised than impressed) - Oh ! Thanks ! What is the weight of this Punto ?

SA - Sir the weight ijj (sic) only 1150 kgs.

I - But my Brio's weight is 920 kgs.

SA (with an expression on his face as if he has struck gold) - YESSSSSS sir......now you know why Punto Power-to-weight raso ijjj the beshhhht (sic).

I give up and walkout with my friend. He books a Brio on the same day.

Last edited:
At the Tata-Fiat dealership to shop for a Punto 1.2 for my friend:

SA - Sir Punto 1.2 sir. Best power sir. 68 Bhp !!

I - WOW !!! 68 Bhp !! But my Brio also has a 1.2litre engine and it gives me 87 Bhp.

SA - True sir. But perphormance (sic) depends not only on Bhp but on power-to-weight raso (sic) and the Punto's power-to-weight raso (sic) ijj thee beshht (sic).

I (more surprised than impressed) - Oh ! Thanks ! What is the weight of this Punto ?

SA - Sir the weight ijj (sic) only 1150 kgs.

I - But my Brio's weight is 920 kgs.

SA (with an expression on his face as if he has struck gold) - YESSSSSS sir......now you know why Punto Power-to-weight raso ijjj the beshhhht (sic).

I give up and walkout with my friend. He books a Brio on the same day.
ROFL! the besshhht!

by the way, i think you were already sold on the Brio even before you entered the FIAT showroom!

the glass is too big and heavy for the power window motor sir!
The best answer he could manage to give.

Another common one on Rear Windows, many Figo owners like me would have heard.

Me: Why's that the Rear Windows won't go down completely?

Ford: Sir, you know, actually it's a safety feature for children.

Me: [surprise] Interesting... But how?

Ford: You know, it has been designed like that, so that children can't put their hands out.

Me: I was absolutely speachless (rather controlling to burst out of laughter). I said, "Boss, opening the window to 60% is good enough for a child to even jump out... Are you still concerned about puting the hands out???

Ford: With a shyish smile, not able to manage with his Hinglish anymore, switched to Hindi and said, "Sir, fir window tho ithna bada hai na? Koi aur gaadi me nahi milaegi..."

Me: Agreed. But is that the answer to my question?

Ford: "Ek minut sir..." and vanished.

I am still searching for him...:lol!:

I was with GM for getting UVA before finalizing Santro. This was the discussion
Me - What is On Road price for UVA
Sales - XXXX amount sir
Me - What is the discount
Sales - There is no discount for UVA
Me - Why?
Sales - This is one of the best car manufactured with lowest rate & GM never gives any discount on these cars.
Me - Then why GM has appointed a dealer for car. Ideally they would have a facility to book online & ask the customores to transfer the money & walk out with there new car.
Sales - Sir GM do not have there website for selling car hence we are appointed. They give us the cost & we get this money from customers & hand over the money monthly to GM.
Me - Ohh Thanks I was not knowing this. I shall buy this car from you only. By the way you look smart what is your educational background & how long you are working here
Sales - Sir I am BCOM & its just 1 month I'm employed here. I can talk to my boss & give you a perfume bottle & Ganesh idol FOC.
Me -What is FOC?
Sales - Sorry sir I do not remember exact long form but what I know ids this will be included in your bill but not in invoice.
Me - Ok. Let me think & I shall come tomorrow to book the car.
Sales - Please sir do come & directly come to me & I will help you out to get the best color.
Me - Which is the best color?
Sales - Once you come for booking we will go to our godown & show you all the best colors available.
Me - OK Bye
Sales - By the way sir I can also give you a test drive once you come to bok the car.
Me -Thanks a lot for your help. Bye

My Wife was angry with me since she said I was doing a leg pulling of poor guy

This is a hilarious thread!

Now a experience from my end with a xxx car dealer few months ago:

Me: Mam, can i have the VIN number of the car once you get the stock?
SE: No sir, we cannot give it to you.
Me: Why?
SE: That is the factory's code word. It is a secret number for service reasons. I can give you the Chaisis and engine number only.
Me: ???

Again with the same representative today:

SE: Sir, your car is already in our parking lot awaiting delivery. We just need to register it.
Me: Ok. You have informed me just yesterday about it. What about a PDI?
SE: Sir, PDI is already done by the manufacturer itself. It is the biggest one in India and done with highest care. We will also do a PDI while you take delivery.
Me: List out the PDI checklist that you will do.
SE: Cleaning and water wash, Check for oil and brakes.
Me: Anything more?
SE: Ganesh Idol???

I was taken aback with that brilliant reply and made the SE understand what is a PDI. SE was like????

Last edited:
Mods: If we have a thread on PDI, please include "Ganesh Idol" as well. Seems it's extremely important to check before taking the car.[frustration]
Ha ha ha.

Truecitylover: Good one. BTW, which brand dealer is this?
Buddy, unable to disclose the brand/ vehicle. There is a teaser thread going on. Will reveal later [:)]

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom