Side Mirror Adjustment To Prevent Blind Spots

Thread Starter #1
Hi everyone!!

Today morning while i was driving on a wide road, i had to change the lane to the right.The road was clear in the the right door mirror so i slowly started changing to the the right lane and suddenly a car gave me a long horn which was close to me but not visible in the centre or right mirror.If i turn the door mirror more towards the the right,i cant see my cars body in that mirror.So my question is what is the solution to make such blind areas visible?

Re: Mirror adjustment

There is not much you can do other than to use the indicators to let others know what you are about to do. Almost every vehicle has blind spots and its hard to find a viable solution that actually works.

Thread Starter #3

Are there some kind of mirrors for i10 which are attached on the bonnet or th doors for a more wider view like that on some embassedors??

You can turn your head and look so. Atleast I do so if I want to suddenly change lanes and if mirrors dont do the justice and if I am not sure. Also dont forget to use indicators.

Thread Starter #5

But turning your head creates risk of hitting someone comming suddenly to the front.you will have less time to react then normaly..

Are there some kind of mirrors for i10 which are attached on the bonnet or th doors for a more wider view like that on some embassedors??
Yes those bonnet mirrors can be installed even on i10. However i am afraid they will spoil the look of your car since they go well with SUVs and not with sedans/hatchbacks.
I believe since yours is an "Era", they must be simple ones which have to be manually adjusted.

Hmmm i think you need to adjust the mirror correctly first. I don know how to say it in words , anyways will try my best!

Adjust the position in such a way that 1/4th of the mirror covers your car and so the remaining part of the mirror should focus the road behind well. I have never faced any problem like this in the cars i have driven so far!

Just make sure there in no other vehicle coming behind before you switch lanes and use indicators always.

@ Gears I don think its a good idea to take your eyes of the road buddy , its very risky!

Hmmm i think you need to adjust the mirror correctly first. I don know how to say it in words , anyways will try my best!

Adjust the position in such a way that 1/4th of the mirror covers your car and so the remaining part of the mirror should focus the road behind well. I have never faced any problem like this in the cars i have driven so far!
+1 to that. My car has similar mirror configuration. I would like to add, that my wrong side ( left ) side mirror is slightly tilted towards the ground. It helps me to check my lane and parking very close to the curb.

@ Gears I don think its a good idea to take your eyes of the road buddy , its very risky!
True. But I often glance backwards, just to make sure. Its that kinda glance which you use when riding on a bike withour rearview mirrors.

Yes while parking you can tilt it even fully downwards.

I strongly advice you not to ride a bike without rear view mirrors. Its highly risky even taking your eyes just 2 seconds off the road. I myself have seen many minor accidents due to that and i have also averted some accidents!

Hope i am not clear with the topic.

how to adjust?

adjust in a way you see the car behind you.

Cabin mirror must be able to give direct rear view

rear view mirror in side must give you idea on sides.

adjust in such a way you see a bit portion of car in them .

Vehicles farther than that can't be seen in that , a small convex mirror are available as stick on , that must help , but not nessary.

Alok, do you use both side mirrors on i10? If yes then look in all three mirrors one by one. Thats all you can do.

Regarding adjusting the mirror. Do the following, adjust both side view mirrors so that you can see the rear wheel arch. By this you can view even a cycle pedal properly.

Since last month a scooter came and hit me on the wheel causing scratches.

Hi everyone!!

Today morning while i was driving on a wide road, i had to change the lane to the right.The road was clear in the the right door mirror so i slowly started changing to the the right lane and suddenly a car gave me a long horn which was close to me but not visible in the centre or right mirror.If i turn the door mirror more towards the the right,i cant see my cars body in that mirror.So my question is what is the solution to make such blind areas visible?
Why don't you try using BLIND SPOT MIRRORS i am using ones in my car and find them very useful u can have a look at them here

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...o-my-familys-car-buying-ownership-review.html

post no 20 and 26[:)] and they are cheap

But turning your head creates risk of hitting someone comming suddenly to the front.you will have less time to react then normaly..
I didnt mean to say that turning your head for 5 minutes yaar. For just a fraction of time say a second or so. But only if you are confident. [roll]
This is generally termed as "Shoulder Check" I guess. Just turn for a glance at shoulder level to check for any vehicles and to be done whenever you change lane or enter another road. Remember that blind spots do exist irrespective of number of mirrors you might have.

Alok: I guess, you are following all the 3 mirrors and they are adjusted properly to get maximum coverage? There are a lot of videos in Youtube on this topic. Please watch them to have better clarity.

I strongly advice you not to ride a bike without rear view mirrors. Its highly risky even taking your eyes just 2 seconds off the road. I myself have seen many minor accidents due to that and i have also averted some accidents!
Well said! Many bikes don't have mirrors at all. Even worser is, having them but not used for rearview but would focus seeing their own face or elsewhere. This is CONDEMNABLE.

Mirror adjustment is a puzzle which was neither solved in history,nor it is solved today and don't expect it to be solved in future too.
Every rearview mirror has blind spots and we have to accept them as they are.Still here is my adjustment:-
Both the mirrors are adjusted such a way that I can see my car in just 10-15% of them.This gives more view of road which is more important.
For looking if someone is behind,its the inner rear view mirror.
Rest I consistently keep on adjusting them as per my requirements.

Top Bottom