Should India Have Strict Driving License Laws?

Should India Have Strict Driving License Laws?

• Yes

Votes: 23 95.8%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@Mr BOSS, This is because life is cheapest & available in abundant quantity in our country.

But a TAIger has put a vote for NO in this poll[surprise][frustration].

Who is that?[evil]
Come on, voting for yes or no without going through this thread & the concerned law is like issuing a driving licence with out passing through the driving test!

Last edited by a moderator:
No not at all. Laws are already strict, implementation sucks.
Thanks for the link. We do have a well established procedure but not the proper criteria for driving skill evaluation.
But a TAIger has put a vote for NO in this poll[surprise][frustration].
Well, for enlightening us with some good available laws.

There were some good laws were available. IMO, as of current situations these laws were not strict considering the current level of fatality & technology we have. Our law makers made the law without mechanism to ensure the implementation & sustenance of the implemented laws.

IMO, a law to should also the way to ensure the compliance.

It is impossible to ensure the compliance in our country. Recently it is stated by the Minister of surface transport that RTO is nothing but game of money (Laxmi Darshan).
It is almost impossible to curb the corruption which is major obstacle in ensuring the compliance.

bhvm

Honoured Member
It is impossible to ensure the compliance in our country. Recently it is stated by the Minister of surface transport that RTO is nothing but game of money (Laxmi Darshan).
It is almost impossible to curb the corruption which is major obstacle in ensuring the compliance.
If we already have negative views, how will improvement happen?
Atleast hope that india will improve.

P.s- few months ago modi said the will close RTO... What happened after that?

That is what I want to say. There was an agitation by Anna Hazare against for Lokpal law (13 days hunger strike, Lakhs of ppl were on the roads day & night.

After one year, we passed that law, now we 've got a person at the helm of affairs who never bothered to appoint a state level Lokpal (Lokayukta) and got a person in his team who was held guilty by Lokayukta of Karnataka!

So passing a strict law does not help in India.

Last edited:
I completely agree with Tornado here that we have law in place we have rules in place however the implementation is poor. simple rule like putting on your seat belt how many of us do it in the ntire country may be only in big cities due to the fear of cops, otherwise we don't, though it is for our own safety. drinking and driving is also such a rule which is not implemented correctly. i strongly feel that if we are made to follow the rule by issuing tickets as in the US or Dubai or elsewhere situation will improve. if a person crosses a certain no of tickets for serious violation his/her license should be terminated. if this is followed then definetly 90% of us will fall in line

Driving Licensing System- Effective or Not?

Hi all TAI-gers,

Are you all satisfied with the Driving Licensing System in India.

I am from Kerala, and I got license when I was 18 yrs old. I know many people who have two and four wheeler license, but don't know to drive on road. All that they is know is, how to do an '8' and 'H'. This is the only thing they learn from Driving Institutes.

Newbie drivers seems to cause trouble to the other drivers as they have many things to learn about driving.

Its almost like, anyone can get a Driving License in India. This is a serious issue as there are numbers of new drivers (who just know H & 8) coming out daily.

IMO the qualifying tests should be more strict than now, so that only skilled people will get driving license. So that roads will be more safer than now.

I would like you all to share your thoughts about this case.

Re: Driving Licensing System- Effective or Not?

The test does not include how to drive in B2B traffic, driving on hills etc. It only includes '8' and 'H' that too with no vehicles around. If the Licencsing system becomes strict in India, half of the drivers will fail their passing test.

Better let them fail, considering the safety of others on road. Govt should issue license to skilled drivers only.

Also a "New Driver" sign board on the newbies car will be a good idea. This can let others take precautions on hills and even city driving.

Top Bottom