Should I Go For Used Tata Sierra or Safari?

Which one

• Tata Sierra

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Tata Safari

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Try this , this is one of my wicked ideas

Buy a sierra , more old , lesser the price. with perfect papers.

Get a 2.2 dicor engine from the market.

Stamp the old engine number in them and if you are abt to throw away the old engine , erase the engine number and throw away.

The old man with new heart will keep you happy.

If the choice is between Safari and Sierra. I would suggest Safari only on two grounds.

1. I like Safari.
2. Safari as a model still continuing however, Sierra is not. So Safari makes more sense.

And a mix of what Ilango has suggested can be performed but it would require to much running around and ensure that engine number should not create any problem so go the legal way. I am sure there will be some legal way to do the same.

As Ilango pointed out go for old sierra and swap with Safari Engine.

This is feasible in many aspects as the engine bay will suit to same brand engines.

I am sure it fits VICTA engine perfectly . that's what my Mechanic was suggesting me initially.

But while doing any engine swap with Sierra, be aware the documentation issues.

eventhou you manage to emborse engine number etc, in document it is old vehicle.

So Insurance , Fitness etc may be troublesome.

This is feasible in many aspects as the engine bay will suit to same brand engines.

I am sure it fits VICTA engine perfectly . that's what my Mechanic was suggesting me initially.

eventhou you manage to emborse engine number etc, in document it is old vehicle.

:agree: . Please see the documentation part to avoid any issue in future.

friend, first just go for it , be brave no excuse, no big work happens and nothing like taking it to garage again and again.

if you want to find out whr to purchase TATA SIERRA , let me know I CAN get you the one whr ENGINE IS SUPERB and Bodyline is good. Rest just paint it to your fancy or liking , RUN IT FOR 10 YEARS FORGET THE WORLD
\

Navin. Anyway all the best for your search.

eventhough you manage to endorse engine number etc, in document it is old vehicle.

Just my opinion ,
Ok here goes.

Both victa and turbo engine are 95% same

Victa doesnt have a inter cooler !!
victa has a different fuel pump that is designed to give some additional torque.

Sumo victa torque is 220nm
where as sierra turbo's torque is 190nm.

same has 90 ps of power . not yet confirmed , but remember reading them some where.

Victa , have a single drive belt where as sierra has 2 and get loosen like mine(hope not always , just got settled with hope so correct belt .)

so the best shot for the power is 2.2 dicor , and even if documentation is a problem , hmm engine number can be stamped and head has the tata symbol , so no worries. !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom