Should I Buy Used Tata Safari Dicor 3.0l LX 2007?

Thread Starter #1
Respect!!My apology for jumping in here..have been following some threads as I am planning to buy an used Tata safari Dicor 3.0l LX 2007.
Please help me decide, the car has done 34K. I am trying to deal from a fren who moved to Delhi 2 years back and left his car in his mumbai home. Hardly driven even twice a month since then (only occasionally when he visited mumbai) and finally decided to sell off..and the price for 4l..
And for me Safari is the best looking of all :)

Respect!!My apology for jumping in here..have been following some threads as I am planning to buy an used Tata safari Dicor 3.0l LX 2007.
Please help me decide, the car has done 34K. I am trying to deal from a fren who moved to Delhi 2 years back and left his car in his mumbai home. Hardly driven even twice a month since then (only occasionally when he visited mumbai) and finally decided to sell off..and the price for 4l..
The price mentioned is atleast a Lac more than what is the current value of 3.0L LX. But, you're getting a known vehicle with a known history from a known owner!:D Try bargaining and close the deal the 3.0L is a lovely machine and you will love it.:) The price must not be more than 3 Lacs INR for LX, but as you told 34K only is mouthwatering you're almost getting a new beast for half the price of new.

First of all buddy that's a reall nice car and then you getting a car from somene you know. So i would say that just bargain a bit on the price and close the deal.

That's a BEAST buddy:-)

Thread Starter #5
Thanks everyone..If I can get the price down I will go for it..else as X-OVER suggested, I will wait for sometime for another chance..I will keep updating

To me the price sounds just ok, however, you must bargain and try to close the deal at about 3.4-3.6lacs. Since the car is in excellent condition, you wont regret paying that amount. Finding a well maintained Safari is not an easy task.

Ya i mean if you can break him on the price and if you feel the price is good than why not. And we are not talking about a small hatch or a sedan. Its a Safari and that too low on ODO. And just piecce of advice do get the car checked by a mechanic before buying it.

To me the quoted price smells good,and as Akash said you can close the deal to 3.6 lakhs, Anyway the car hasn't even done 40k on the odo.
What was the price when he purchased? And what all aftermarket fitments did he do?

i think the quoted amount is overpriced. more over its a 3.0 dicor engine. a discontinued engine. 3.0 dicor is the early stages of tatas di engines. its heavier with 115bhp IIRC. on the other hand 2.2 dicor comes equipped with 140bhp & 320nm torque. of course it is lighter too.

though the car has 34k on the odo, its still 5year old & discontinued engine bargain it. @ 3L its justified

Thread Starter #11
@Vishwas...there is nothing must done to the car, only a decent music system added.
The car will be coming on Monday the 5th from Mumbai (to Delhi). After seeing the car I will bargain more and finalized. If it is decent, anything less (10-20K) than 4l, I might go.

Buying a used Safari need help to reach conclusion

Hi all,
I am planning to buy a used safari the details are as follows
Safari EX 2008 2.2 vtt dicor with around 40000 km of mileage, the seller is a known person and quoting a price of Rs 6.4 lakhs. The car is known is in good condition and it is a company leased vehicle which the current owner has completely bought over. The car is registered in Banagalore.
I am not an expert on auto motives so I need your help in deciding if at this price it is a good buy, I am not sure about the right price of the car as have heard the news of Safari being replaced by a completely new platform with safari storme, and have also heard that Safari does not command a good resale value.
I checked and found the IDV of the model to be around 424000 not sure if this reflects some thing on the right price of the car.
Thanks in advance for your help
Tushar

Re: Buying a used Safari need help to reach conclusion

Hi all,
Safari EX 2008 2.2 vtt dicor with around 40000 km of mileage, the seller is a known person and quoting a price of Rs 6.4 lakhs. The car is known is in good ..
resale value.
I checked and found the IDV of the model to be around 424000 not sure if this reflects some thing on the right price of the car.
Tushar
To me the price would smell good if it comes around 4.5 to 5.5 lakhs and it depends a lot on how the car is maintained, serviced regularly or not etc.

Re: Buying a used Safari need help to reach conclusion

Hi all,
Safari EX 2008 2.2 vtt dicor with around 40000 km of mileage, the seller is a known person and quoting a price of Rs 6.4 lakhs. The car is known is in good condition and it is a company leased vehicle which the current owner has completely bought over. The car is registered in Banagalore.
I am not an expert on auto motives so I need your help in deciding if at this price it is a good buy, I am not sure about the right price of the car as have heard the news of Safari being replaced by a completely new platform with safari storme, and have also heard that Safari does not command a good resale value.
Tushar
I have been offered 5.5 Lakhs for a 2011 Model excellent condition Tata Safari LX. Now, you can bargain!

Top Bottom