Should I Buy Polo Now or Wait for Facelift?

Thread Starter #1
Hi there,

Just came across this lovely car planet [:D]

I'm looking to buy polo 1.6 but I heard polo is making some changes in current polo, so I wonder if its really coming or not.

I've test driven 1.6 polo, i'm not really happy with its acceleration part, its seems like there's a 3-4 second gap then power become available, also it feels like that you're moving a heavy vehicle with lot of effort, acceleration response is not good.

I've never driven 1.2 petrol yet so can't comment, Is it much difference in 1.2 & 1.6 in pickup ?

really can't decide whether to buy 1.2 or 1.6 or wait for facelife.

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
Welcome to TAI, Facelift is certainly long time away the only changes expected in the near future is addition of Auto box, If you felt 1.6 petrol was underpowered then don't even bother TDing 1.2,

Thread Starter #3
Welcome to TAI, Facelift is certainly long time away the only changes expected in the near future is addition of Auto box, If you felt 1.6 petrol was underpowered then don't even bother TDing 1.2,
I have seen a picture floating on web that polo is having euro style headlamps spotted in mumbai, Initial pickup of 1.6 isn't great, slightly delay in power output thats what i felt, Thanks!

If you are not comfortable with Polo than you can look for other options in that segment. What's your budget? It will be easy for us to provide you other options depending on your budget.
And if you want to go with petrol than i am pretty sure you can get a good discount these days on petrol cars.

Thread Starter #6
Have you zerod in on Polo are willing to consider some other models?
Really like the look of the polo, the way it handles, how about brio ? really wants to know when is the new polo coming with upgrades.

If you are not comfortable with Polo than you can look for other options in that segment. What's your budget? It will be easy for us to provide you other options depending on your budget.
And if you want to go with petrol than i am pretty sure you can get a good discount these days on petrol cars.
My budget is around 5-7 lacks, yes i'm open to other options.
vw is not giving any discount on polo though [confused]

Really like the look of the polo, the way it handles, how about brio ? really wants to know when is the new polo coming with upgrades.

I really feel Polo is little overpriced,Brio is a very competent car but not as spacious as Jazz, i would suggest you to drop in to Honda showroom once, you can also consider Punto and i20.

Buddy with your budget you can look at the following cars:
Hyundai i20
Honda Jazz
Skoda Fabia
Maruti Swift

I would suggest you to go ahead and take TD of these cars and then compare them in terms of handling, power, comfort etc etc.

Until and unless you take TD you won't know how is the ride.

I'm looking to buy polo 1.6 but I heard polo is making some changes in current polo, so I wonder if its really coming or not....
Hi streetlife..

I assume you are looking for a petrol car!!

I can help you buddy as I own polo 1.2, please let me know whether you have spoken to any dealer on facelift/delivery time/discounts on polo 1.6.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #10
I really feel Polo is little overpriced,Brio is a very competent car but not as spacious as Jazz, i would suggest you to drop in to Honda showroom once, you can also consider Punto and i20.
Being a 3-pot engine it has to be below in price according to competition, i'm going to test drive brio today so i'll see what brio offers & regarding i20 i'll have a look aswell.

Buddy with your budget you can look at the following cars:
Hyundai i20
Honda Jazz
Skoda Fabia
Maruti Swift

I would suggest you to go ahead and take TD of these cars and then compare them in terms of handling, power, comfort etc etc.

Until and unless you take TD you won't know how is the ride.
Alright mate, i'm going to take td of brio & i20 today, so i'll make out the difference.

Hi streetlife..

I assume you are looking for a petrol car!!

I can help you buddy as I own polo 1.2, please let me know whether you have spoken to any dealer on facelift/delivery time/discounts on polo 1.6.
Hi mate,

yes looking for a petrol, as i can't like turbo lag in diesel.
how's 1.2 in terms of noise/pickup ? is there any delay in acceleration ?
I've spoken to moti nagar world cars they said we have no information regarding facelift, no discount on any car except they're giving free insurance & 2 year amc.

Thanks everyone [:)]

I have spotted three polos lined up few months ago on the mankhurd vashi stretch. They were having red plates and different alloys. Though was not able to spot much differences and neither was able to click any pictures as i was at a speed of 100km/h. So theres something upgrade for polo. I have heared that vw is offering huge siscounrs in polo petrol due to low sales and increased petrol prices.[roll]

yes looking for a petrol, as i can't like turbo lag in diesel.
how's 1.2 in terms of noise/pickup ? is there any delay in acceleration ?
I've spoken to moti nagar world cars they said we have no information regarding facelift, no discount on any car except they're giving free insurance & 2 year amc.

Thanks everyone [:)]
I spoke to a nearby dealer who says that they are not taking any bookings for polo 1.6 as its not delivered by VW plant itself. Also, there is no info on facelift/upgrade on VW polo. I have read somewhere that an automatic polo 1.6 may be one of the plans by VW.

polo 1.2 noise: Yes it is noisy in initial gears and when timing of changing gears is not right.

Delay in acceleration: yes sluggishness is present in initial gear.

May I know which car do you own currently, or which car are you upgrading from?

If your running is high then diesel is advised. Turbo lag is not a good reason to reject a diesel car- the advantages are many.

Please mention your priorities clearly so that we can guide you better.

Thread Starter #13
So today I taken brio for a ride, Initial observations are peppy engine, spacious, great car overall but looks are not clicking with me, it's looks like an a lil bit i10 from front (IMO)

gears1313
Yes something new is coming for polo for sure.
No man, vw just offering free insurance apart from that no discount.

Rightnow
Is delay in power supply can be cured if I go for K&N products ? ( not sure if any product is available for polo)
I'm upgrading from honda city zx, really liked the polo but slow pickup is a deal breaker for me.
My daily running is around 100-120 km per day, hmm..you're right mate.
Just need a small car with decent pickup, fun to drive.

For your kind of useage you should be looking at a Diesel Hatch, since you have the budget i would honestly request you to try out Punto,Figo,VIsta,I20 all in Diesel Avatar.

100-120 Kms!! Diesel it should be then.

Take a look at punto, polo and i20 diesel.

You can check out several ownership threads on punto and polo diesel and decide yourself. Above all, begin test drive of diesels. I am sure you would get over the turbo lag thing.

Top Bottom