Should I Buy Polo Now or Wait for Facelift?

Hey Streetlife
VW dealers aren't taking any bookings for polo 1.6. Try to contact a few dealers. If you really want to got for 1.6, then a used 1.6 won't be a bad option either.
I think fabia 1.6 is available still which you can try, its also one great car similar to polo. So best of luck.

Thread Starter #78
Need a a new car mate :)
Since I need the 1.6 but thats discontinue so I even if i buy highline still getting 1.2 engine.

Pre facelift 1.2 trendline petrol is available for 4.65 onroad with 2 years amc free v/s 6.4 for highline with no discount.

Is it worth spending 1.75L to buy highline ? or go with trendline & spend that money on accessories.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #80
@Stretlife

Just to understand

Why are you specific about 1.6

Why are you only looking at VW
Because of 105 bhp + 1.6 doesn't make much noise as 1.2 :)

Liked the looks of the car + it's give you big car feel + german apart from nothing much :)

Jazz is big & underpowered.

I20 - dashboard is like gaming consule + not much feedback from steering & not much fun to drive as compared to polo.

Figo - Don't like the design.

Micra - Again not liked the design.

So i'm left with polo only but still not satisfied with 3 pot engine but have no choice.

Any other new cars are coming ?

Last edited:
The Highline gets airbags and abs which are safety features. Further, the new highline will get stereo with usb/aux, steering controls, new alloys, anti pinch windows and most of the things that are desirable in a modern hatch.
For me, the features do not matter, but safety did. So, bought highline only for safety. In my opinion, you should go for Trendline version and do some modifications later like alloys, music system, some performance mods if possible.
Yes, 1.2 will score low on performance as compared to 1.6, but you should keep in mind that 1.6 would not be easy on pocket considering the cost of car itself while purchasing and further maintenance too. As far as I know, there have been no free AMCs for 1.6.

You will not be disappointed with 1.2. Its a sturdy, fun filled and solid car that's something to experience. Take a thorough test drive and decide. I am here to answer any of your query regarding polo petrol.

Rightnow
I'm thinking hard as its a question of 1.75L lol
Thank you very much for your support.
Cheers !
I would advise you to go for trendline version:
- Accessories like alloys, stereo with USB/Aux etc., leather seat covers can be done in less than 1.75 lacs
- Less electrical components so lesser issues compared to top model

Then, why are you not looking at Jazz if it is a petrol[:)] which is more reliable and with lot of space like a Sedan
Yes. Honda Jazz is a great car.
@Streetlife, don't miss to test drive Jazz and Brio too.

Top Bottom