Short Trip to Bharatpur (Keoladeo National Park)

nice shots shailinder. about fathehpur sikri - does one really need to buy a chadar to pray or is it optional ? i envy you people who can cruise above 100kmph. in gods own country the highways are too congested for any high speed cruising.

Thread Starter #17
nice shots shailinder. about fathehpur sikri - does one really need to buy a chadar to pray or is it optional ? i envy you people who can cruise above 100kmph. in gods own country the highways are too congested for any high speed cruising.
[lol]Well that's the beauty of Gods own country. Go slow so that you can avoid meeting with him early.

As far as chadar is concerned for the prayer. No it is not mandatory but they will create a scene around you that you would end up buying something. Probably that the way they have been operating from a very long time and there is no one to actually look after the tourists.

Last edited:
fantastic pics shailinder, I am sure the kids would have enjoyed it much more than both of you. Hope to go on a similar trip with my family soon. how about driving out together?

Thread Starter #23
great shots dude..you had to search for birds or they are seen from casual view only??
Thanks Dodge. Well to be frank I had to search for a better angle rather than the bird [lol].

fantastic pics shailinder, I am sure the kids would have enjoyed it much more than both of you. Hope to go on a similar trip with my family soon. how about driving out together?
Good idea but we have to park it for 2-3 months as I am planning a trip to Jim Corbett around Nov-Dec. Before that it is not possible. But if you are planning something similar then go to Bharatpur in Oct or Feb. You would see so many birds National as well as International. Oct-Nov is the time when they generally bread and Feb-Mar when are ready to depart with their young ones. But do not plan anything during Dusshera holidays or new year as that time it would be packed from all fronts and many people will be there for the heck of it.[frustration]

Top Bottom