Short Gearshift and LED Roof Lamp in Maruti 800

Thread Starter #17
Hi Daffuboyz, me too fixed the led roof light today.
I have soldered 4 led's serially, but it looks dim.
Pls suggest me a solution. [:)]
nice, it looks dim, because u have only 2 rows, (8 LED's) i have 4 rows (16LED's) but u can try, remove the glass of light and u will see it contains dirt, i washed it with a water & a old brush. now it gives more light. only washing the glass will help u...

Thread Starter #20
Ya the glass is clean but still the lights are dim, can we use 3 led's in serial ?
no, see my image m using 16 leds, but u can use leds according to ur need, even u can run a single led from car's battery but u will need a resistor to drop the 12 volts into 3 volts, but it'll not much bright. use 4 rows

Re: Some more modifications

Just cutting the shifter will only make the lever harder to operate. I compensated by using a indegenious short shifter design, in which i cut off three inches from top, and added one which at the bottom,and raised the whole shifter mechanism by a inch. The whole thing was wlded and fixed. The gear shifter is now elevated, and the throws are really short. Will cut off another inch from the lever. The Altos centre console fits with some mods and the gear boot looks great.
Now I get it how you did that. Should have read this thread completely. Hmmm I too may try this shortly. Really good thinking

Short throw shifters lower the time for gear changes.They need to be designed properly.If anyone has attempted this before please post pictures.It would be an awesome DIY[thumbsup]

I have shorten the gear rod long back, shifting gears are far better now, it is smoother than before..slots in to each gear with ease..

I think he must have connected some kind of circuit similar to the clapping parrot etc
(those kids toys which move/dance/say something only when you make any movement very close to the circuit)

Re: Some more modifications

16 LED's in roof light. Again its a totaly DIY. 16 white leds cost me 16 x 2 = 32 RS.
PCB cost me = 15 RS. in this project i was needed only 1/4th part of the PCB i bought. soldered th led's and cutted the pcb and sticked with double sided tape in the light.
Really nice job.whats your future plan?

Top Bottom