Shimoga to shringeri road conditions

Thread Starter #1
hey guys.
i am planning a 3 or 4 days trip to shringeri and surrounding places. the road chosen is davanagere to shimoga and then shimoga to shringeri via tirthahalli. can anybody give info about the road conditions in this stretch? i know that many of the members are not from KA. but still you may have some friends or relatives from here who has done this road trip. so waiting for the replies from members.

Sriharsha, i don't anybody will be able to provide you any details, but actually after your trip you can update this thread, so that if somebody plans he can get some idea.

Oh!! This is what is called co-incidence.

One of my friend is planning for a trip to shimoga from chennai.

Once he is back. I can give you an update.

No idea about that route buddy, but do get your vehicles check up at MASS before any long trip. Also you can have a basic inspection of oils and electricals by yourself.

Why dont we start a thread of road reviews. I wont be able to review my experiences clearly so i would request someone to start it as it will be quite helpful for the trip planners.

Thread Starter #5
thanks for all the input.
@RSM
ya thanks buddy. i'll surely write a report.

@zinam
great to hear that your friend is travelling to shimoga. is he travelling by car? if so he will be taking NH4 till tumkur and then there is a route to shimoga(not sure about which road that is). is he visiting only shimoga or any other places around it? actually i have travelled from davanagere to shimoga "n" number of times. so that's not a problem. the only thing i need to know is about the road from shimoga to shringeri and also if possible to agumbe. i heard that agumbe ghat has got the tighest hair pin bends. so need to be extra careful in that route. moreover these are the areas of naxal activities. so safety is also a major concern. because people stop by the side of the road to capture some scenic pics in their cams and end up loosing the cam and also whatever they have got.and zinam also please warn your friend about these matters. anyways when is he going to return?

@akash
will take your suggestion buddy. will get my car checked from MASS. thank you.

Hmm.. I know his initial plan was to hit shimoga & couple of places near by.

I tried reaching him, but couldn't.

Probably he will be hitting chennai by wednesday. I can give a road report of that :)

Yes. He travelled by Car.

But he stayed only in Shimoga!

He took the following route

Chennai - B'lore - YestwanthPur - Nilmangala - Tumkur - (NH206)- Shimoga.

Few patches here & there were bad & it seems there are many diversion due to construction & rework of few roads.

I will ask him more details & update you.

Hmmm , so whats special about these places.

I have toured only ooty ,kodaikanal , some part in kerala , erode sides of my own , though i have visited so many places when i was small i don't remember any now.

This year we had plans to munar or topslip , but everything got collapsed due to some reasons.

Top Bottom