Shimla Trip By Toy Train Last Summer (May 2011): A Photologue

Thread Starter #1
Delhi-Shimla-Delhi with toy train ride: A Photologue

I was quite fascinated by toy train since childhood, like to travel in it for quite some time got chance in this summer.

Mode: Kalka Shatabdi for Delhi-Kalka-Delhi and toy train Himalayan Queen for Kalka-Shimla-Kalka all booking made online through IRCTC

Accommodation: Honeymoon Inn Shimla booked through Make my trip

Completed this Shimla trip in second week of May’2011, visited Shimla earlier also and liked the place very much due to its proximity to Delhi, nowadays it becomes quite chaotic place but still manageable, hotel staff arranges our entire local site seeing on day to day basis.

Nothing much to write let pics speak for themselves, starting with Shimla-Kalka toy train pics below:

DSC00952.JPG

DSC00953.JPG

DSC00954.JPG

DSC00955.JPG

DSC00956.JPG

DSC00958.JPG

DSC00960.JPG

DSC00963.JPG

Thread Starter #2
Re: Shimla trip by toy train last Summer (May2011): A Photologue

Day:1 contd...

Kalka-Shimla-Kalka toy train pics contd below:

DSC00951.JPG

DSC00950.jpg

DSC00948.JPG

DSC00943.JPG

DSC00937.JPG

DSC00936.JPG

DSC00933.JPG

You have tempted me to have the same experience. Nice pics buddy, really liked the 5yh pic from top.

freakdude.

350Z

Core Team
Good snaps, I have travelled Shimla in this train long ago. It still looks fascinating and nothing much seems to have changed. Thanks for refreshing the memories. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Great pics buddy,as usual.

Now I can surely say,you are a true 'toughguy'.Really you have got a true traveller underneath..:agree:

A shocking fact:leave aside toy train,I am yet to sit in any train in India..[cry]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
aah never been to the toy train[cry]

we always travel in our car and on my way to shimla saw the train going. but still can't bear the slow speed[lol]

Thread Starter #8
You have tempted me to have the same experience. Nice pics buddy, really liked the 5yh pic from top.

freakdude.
Thanks, glad to hear this from you freakdude, try to board morning toy train from Kalka to Shimla The Shivalik Deluxe Express which departs at 5:30AM and far comfortable than Himalayan queen as this is 5-6 hrs long journey.

Good snaps, I have travelled Shimla in this train long ago. It still looks fascinating and nothing much seems to have changed. Thanks for refreshing the memories.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks 350Z for your lovely comments.

Great pics buddy,as usual.

Now I can surely say,you are a true 'toughguy'.Really you have got a true traveller underneath..:agree:

A shocking fact:leave aside toy train,I am yet to sit in any train in India..
Thanks for your lovely words TSIVipul, try this toy train thing once in a life worth experience try to board Shivalik Deluxe Express which is much comfortable and luxury toy train.

Kids will surely love this whole experience, saw them enjoying it most and remember to carry lots of dry food as stations are ill equipped.

we always travel in our car and on my way to shimla saw the train going. but still can't bear the slow speed[lol]
Yep it is very slow dead slow, i also saw it from my car lots of time but i just want to experience it once in my life.

we always travel in our car and on my way to shimla saw the train going. but still can't bear the slow speed
You haven't been in toy train...I haven't been in any train till date.and hence i am still like a kid who loves watching train going..:tongue:

About speed of toy train,+1000 to you..
They are too boring for my taste.Afterall nothing can match the joy of doing 60-80 or even 100 kph on the hilly roads which I love doing(there are enough straight stretches to do even upto 120,only your car must be able to pick up speed so rapidly).

Thread Starter #10
About speed of toy train,+1000 to you..
They are too boring for my taste.Afterall nothing can match the joy of doing 60-80 or even 100 kph on the hilly roads which I love doing(there are enough straight stretches to do even upto 120,only your car must be able to pick up speed so rapidly).
One should try everything in life at least once [evil]

What say?

Top Bottom