Shifting gear problem in Zen LXI 2005

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

Few months back I got one Zen LXI Dec 2005 model. I am a new learner and often messing up with gear shifts 1st and 2nd. There is no problem when the car is in stand still position but don't know why the seems very hard when I am on roads.

I have no problem with steering control or other controls of the car, but this 1st and second gear change either from higher to lower or lower to higher, puts me in a horrible condition in the crowdy streets with cars hoking like crazy at back of me.

Any suggestions would be of great help for me.

Please help.

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
Hello carcrazyguy, Welcome to The Automotive India. Sometimes this issue could occur if the clutch is not fully pressed down, otherwise, as you told that the car is second hand – there might be an issue with the clutch assembly too (depending upon usage by previous owner). It’s recommended to get this checked at an authorized Maruti workshop. Please visit at least a couple of them to cross-check so that you are confirmed about the problem they report (if any) is true. Actually, earlier I also used to face the hard gearshift problem in my car (Maruti 800) but eventually it disappeared so never got it inspected.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #3
Thank you very much Sir, but I do press my clutch in full. Drivers who have drove my car say that 1st gear is bit tough than all gera and its same for all cars, but this conception I have doubt.

I faced the same problem with our training car Santro and trainer told me 1st gear is always hard than any other gear.

Would surely take it from Varun from where I got it. The car is very well maintained and did only 48k on odo when I took it. Its already 49200 on OD now :).

Can you suggest me some good tips on how I can ease with this gear shifts? I want to learn and make myself perfect on roads.

Thread Starter #5
Well found the solution by myself :)

All gear changes must be done with palm pressure and not with fingers.

When on 1st gear put your palm at 45 degrees and put pressure on the left and automatically it slides and then just push it above.

For 2nd gear pull back with palm from 1st gear to neutral and then again the same as 1st gear and then down.

3rd, 4th and 5th is all fun.

Hope this would help for new drivers like us.

Another suggestion I would like to make. After learning please take out your car in traffic with a driver beside you. As you have L at back and front of your car do not be scared, you would learn quickly and master the art.

Driving is all way fun :)

Top Bottom