Shifting From 55/60 To 100/90 Watt Headlamp Bulbs

deville_56

Honoured Member
Hi again
I bought the wiring harness from ebay and expecting delivery soon.
But I have no idea about the connections except for changing the bulbs.
please guide me as to how to fit/connect the wiring harness.
Car: Maruti 800, Model: 1998 (without headlight leveling device).
Thanks in advance
Everything is marked with proper diagram on the cover or leaflet. To start with connect the positive input (round clip) to relay to battery terminal connector bolt. Connect socket from relay to both bulbs. Connect plug to stock headlyt socket. Connect negative of both sides to some nearby bolt. Secure the relay somewhere. Done [:)]

Try to go for a reputed company like philips,bosch,hella or roots.For the relay you can go for the same companies, just stay away from PMP.

For bulbs, I have been using Philips rally for ages now.

Hullo, any discoloration in the transparent bits of the headlight? I've heard the 130/100 does that - or is that 133/100? whichever, but it does. How about the 90/100 one?does it discolor too?

I am contemplating getting Hella 100/130w relay (6 months warranty compared to NO warranty for Philips relay) and Philips 90/100w Rallys bulb setup in my car. My 2 doubts -

1) There is a dust cap in Ecosport with no holes in it. To install a relay and connect its wire with the bulb/socket, I will need to make 'holes in the Dust Cap'. Is there anyway around it? If not, how do I cover them after setup?
2) Can I install the relay myself? I am a bit illiterate about electrical stuff. Is there any online guide on how to do it? I just want to avoid any mechanic to put his hands on my car. In my city, 90% of them don't know what they are doing and care zilch about your car. Can I ask Ford ASS to do it? They are the only ones I believe in.
3) Will I forfeit my warranty by installing these bulbs? Since, this doesn't involve any splicing of wires.

OR...
2.5 inch bixenon projector lens + mask shroud with double angel eyes for car HID Headlight headlamp Projector Lens for H1 H7 H4-in Headlight Bulbs from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

I just found out this baby on Aliexpress. Has great cut-off line and spread from pictures posted by customers. Can I install them in headlights or foglamps? What about warranty?

Hey guys. Long time no post from me though I was visiting regularly.

A month ago, I upgraded to 100/90 bulbs for my Indica DLS. The previous 55/65 bulbs were adequate on roads with poor/ no lights but on highways even speeds of 60kmph were scary, what with HID and projector equipped cars zooming past. Things have not changed drastically and there is still much more room for improvement in visibility on highways.

I had not fitted a wiring kit for the new bulbs. Just upgraded the fuse to 30amps as Indica has relays under the dashboard and they seemed good enuf to handle the power drain (low cost). Now I plan to have 2 extra H4 reflectors with say my old 55/65 bulbs in it or may be 100/90 ones later to do duties on those special highway journeys. I want to knw if I shud go for a new wiring kit or just upgrade the fuse and relay (lower cost again) for the new configuration. Can anyone help me with a proper wiring diagram so I knw what the mechanic is doing is good for the car? Though I wud like HID kind of light, I am somehow not able to convince myself to buy those as not really sure of certain things with HIDs. SO regular bulbs for now. Thanks in advance.
This was on my old Indica DLS which I sold off in scrap in 2014. Got a Grand i10 in Jan 2014 and immediately took off to Goa. The headlights seemed much better than the Indica even on stock bulbs, though visibility in rains is an issue.

Now that the car is in its 6th year, I felt that the headlights are no more the same. Had changed a couple of bulbs earlier. The wiring also seems to have internally degraded with use. So thought of upgrading to LEDs or HIDS. But most alterations are illegal. White lights are easily caught by cops and with the recent revision in fines, did not want to risk emptying my bank account. So finalised on upgrading to 100/90 bulbs. These wont be very noticable to cops on low beam and I hardly ever use high beams.

Ordered a Thimson wiring kit from Amazon.Comes with 1 yr warranty and for Rs 650 only.
https://www.amazon.in/Thimson-Heavy-Duty-Headlamp-Wiring/dp/B013E3V94A?tag=googinhydr18418-21

BTW, the bulbs are the same ones i used on the Indica. I had removed the bulbs when the car was sold off and had kept them in a a safe package in my cupboard. The stock bulbs did light up better with the new relay kit in place. Lesser voltage/current loss seems to have done the trick. Still went ahead with the more powerful bulbs. Will be making a video soon.

The heat given out is high indeed, enough to fry an egg :) May go back to stock bulbs and use the wiring harness with fog lamps or aur lights in future if needed.

Last edited:
For those interested in HID projectors but were hesitant to open the headlight assembly, you can go for the below product
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0781TZMLQ...215575915_CT&ref=dra_a_ms_mr_ho_xx_P1400_1000
I have read and seen review videos of these products. It does work as intended and I wud definitely go for it once I have the budget.
Aliexpress has these for lower prices, about Rs 2500. There are options with LED lights too. Not sure wat happens if the LED chips fail

Here is another one. It is plug & play (Includes H4 harness), 5500k color, passive cooling, has beam adjustment screws and seller can ship via Special Line-YW which I believe is forwarded via Gati (If so, it will reach within 2 weeks).

Top Bottom