Shenzhen - Hong Kong - Macau

Thread Starter #1
We guys love traveling abroad, at least once in a year, we always prefer going privately but here we thought lets give a group tour a try, what followed was fun laughter anger and more fun.

Friday 23rd 8pm: time to cover the car and change my clothes and leave. Getting ready is always a breeze, bags have been packed a day before, excitement made me do it, I'm a very lazy snob otherwise.
9pm check medicines chargers etc and we leave 5 minutes on the road i decide to check my passports stamps visas etc reach in my bag.
ummm dad!!
yeah nick?
err can we take a uturn?
Why?
I forgot my passport

what dad replied is not appropriate to speak out here

So we turn around ran up 4 flights of steps and came back and were off
clearing immigration and stuff is a breeze in india, decided id fill in a declaration for my camera (i don't trust custom officials)
The flight we scheduled to depart at 1:50am and boarding was at 12:50
and i was done through immigration etc at 10:50. Made use of our free wifi at the airport and killed time, when we use the net time flies like anything i glanced at my watch it showed 1:40am i looked at the flight status board and dang its delayed. One thing i hate of flying they can be delayed, and leave you swatting flies and then searching for more to swat and then maybe, maybe if there are some good looking's check them out and kill time.

so at 2:35 the boarding gates opened and by 3:30 we were climbing. A glass of whiskey and a 'from the fridge paneer cold dog' was offered and cabin lights turned of and i dozed of 3 hours later woke up to the smell of scrambled eggs and potato bhaji being served. The smell was great and the taste was as in flight meals god knows why taj and ambassador makes these meals a good dhaba wall would've done a better job.
an hour later we land at hong kong international airport

first glimpse of the airport

DSC_0108.JPG

DSC_0109.JPG

after leaving the plane we had to proceed to the underground metro to the immigrations and arrivals terminal and boy was it fast
The weather at hong kong was nice and cold and air cons at full swing in the airport. After al the formalities were completed and after meeting up with the group we headed over to the bus

The bus parking
DSC_0112.JPG

DSC_0123.JPG

the warning on the pavements
DSC_0124.JPG

The start of Hongkong

DSC_0114.jpg

DSC_0115.JPG

DSC_0116.JPG

DSC_0118.JPG

ahh Shell V-Power!
DSC_0120.JPG

more to follow in a bit say 30 minutes. Have to convert the images

Thread Starter #2
our start of the trip was shenzhen which is in china mainland and getting there needed a 25 minute trip through the metro till lou hu station and then immigration and walk through the border and china immigration and you are there.

heres a few pictures while moving through hong kong
DSC_0125.JPG
DSC_0130.JPG
DSC_0131.JPG
DSC_0133.JPG
DSC_0134.JPG

And the train station at hong kong which takes us to lou hu station
DSC_0139.JPG
DSC_0140.JPG

Hello shenzhen! Getting out of the station at shenzhen was a royal pain in the spine, we had all our luggage with us and no escalators just steps and tones of it, really thats the hardest work out, the whole night my back was stiff, it got well after a nice hot shower, was stuck in the shower for more then 90 minutes when i normally take 15 minutes! imagine the pain, Don't let me talk of the toilets it certainly isn't for us indians but hey i was brought up in us so I'm fine both ways [:D] i could see the others buying more mineral water packs, haha
DSC_0142.JPG
DSC_0145.JPG
DSC_0146.jpg
DSC_0156.JPG
DSC_0164.JPG
it was really cold in shenzhen but i loved it and i was the only idiot who didn't wear a jacket/sweater, every else did, EVERYONE!!
DSC_0166.JPG
yummmm
DSC_0169.JPG
DSC_0170.JPG

And then it was back to the hotel after some indian dinner with the group, the group was fine but then my impression changed, we save that till a few posts later. Next day our sight seeing began.
And next post in a few minutes please bare with me its a real pain downsizing every image

Last edited:
Waiting for the updates. Awesome pics till now [:)]

Hope you feel better soon and dish out more of those good pics to us!

Thread Starter #8
25th december and christmas morning it is, sadly there weren't any churches around to catch the christmas mass, so i just hoped to the coffee shop for my breakfast take a look at the display on the buffet, Pork dim sum, Fried cucumber, Boiled eggs, Fried salmon, Rice, Congee, Congee with pork and egg, baked beans, sausages, fruits and pastries.
MY stomach can take just sausages baked beans fruits and pastries in the morning.
Grab a delicious looking sugar coated croissant bit into it and urgh! whats that weird taste? i look at it and go oh **** ham! My dad laughed at me and says " so you got your xmas gift ehh!! I make those frowny faces and settle for jam and bread and an espresso. The bus came and the rest of the group was late. and there was this group of three couples always running to be first to sit in the first seats of the bus or otherwise, made my blood boil.

The morning was fairly cold and the first stop was to the mineral museum i wonder why these things are made mandatory by the tourism department they just don't serve purposes, yeah right I'm gonna buy a 1 lakh rs worth dragon made in jade and survive indian customs? but what ever its worth passing the time and just gazing at it and opening your mouth in shock by looking at the cost, I had a plan to survive 7 days with no smoking and being there wasn't helping at all every one smokes anywhere even in the museum even the girls.

An amazing sight to see was we indians wore just thin sweaters or jackets while the nationals wore thick very thick jackets seemed liked they had heaters in them or something! Whenever i wore my flip flops or a short sleeved shirt id be looked at and a few come up and say, "You! Strong man! No feel Cold?"

speaking of chinese accents the tour guide was hilarious his name was richard but he says it Lichard we nick named him lijat papad.
let me quote some of his speaking.

" Ahh! we go to mineral museum vely good!! Ahh, You take something home Vely good Ahh, You take some souvenir for your girl fliend ahh Sooo good, Good to see ahh, Then we go for indian lunch ahhh soo goood Indian food Vely good, I take you there Ahhh, Sooo Good indian lunch rely guud "

we guys laughed hard whenever he spoke and that guy never minded it. While explaining he would speak as if he's falling asleep.

Ahhh soo good, Now a few pictures, I'm sorry we were not allowed to click pictures while in the museum but i managed to get two pics. And an image of this beast parked outside the museum
DSC_0175.JPG
DSC_0176.JPG
DSC_0178.JPG
DSC_0179.JPG
DSC_0180.JPG
DSC_0181.jpg
DSC_0182.JPG
DSC_0185.JPG

then we head out to the indian restaurant for our meals, since i was really tired said why not and had a martini.
DSC_0187.JPG
DSC_0188.JPG
The chinese believe some number bring them bad luck or is a curse and hence even buildings chuck those floors out
DSC_0189.JPG
a few pictures of cars i spotted while heading of to the next part of the tour in shenzhen, be prepared its awesome give me a few minutes to resize the images.
DSC_0190.JPG
DSC_0191.JPG

P.s no jokes intended for any nationality or accents

Last edited:
Thread Starter #13
the tour guide told us that the hummer was made for transporting the big wigs in the building where its parked but due to difficulty in getting parking space its left there with 24x7 surveillance
anyways updates are coming in a bit

Thread Starter #14
so after lunch and a trip back to our hotel we head out to windows of the world. a beautiful place and fairly huge i did cover the whole place by foot just did not see a few areas and at the end my soles and heels were terribly sore that i just wanted a place to sit but due to time constraints i had to walk and keep taking a minute rest whenever i got place to sit. you can pay to have an over head view by train or by electric car or can book an electric car for 2 persons choose the over head view and rest by foot. since the train passes by some monuments.

let the images describe this place.
will be adding over head shots in this post excuse the fingers as i was scared of my phone falling of. the next post will have dslr shots to
DSC_0206.JPG

DSC_0208.JPG

DSC_0207.JPG

DSC_0193.JPG

DSC_0195.JPG

DSC_0202.jpg

DSC_0194.JPG

DSC_0221.JPG

DSC_0222.JPG

DSC_0214.JPG

DSC_0197.JPG

DSC_0198.JPG