Share Your Dyno Reports

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys , so we have been talking about all the performance mods in our cars

Did we take our car to the dyno to check how much was it worth?

Lets share with everyone the dyno reports of our cars.
I'd encourage everyone to post if you have your cars tuned.

Mine's a Nissan Skyline R33 Series II and its modified .

Dyno tuned in NSW and reports are as follows

Attachments

Car was an Alfa 156 2.4 5 cylinder 20v turbo Diesel rated at 175bhp. The engine had done 2.1 lakhs km and was slightly down on power.

Thin line is standard. Medium line is with Air Intake Revision,gaining 52lb ft @ 2000rpm over standard.

Fat line is with added re-map. Re-map wasn't finished and further modifications couldn't be done because car was taken out by another one sending it to car heaven.

Attachments

Hi Guys , so we have been talking about all the performance mods in our cars

Did we take our car to the dyno to check how much was it worth?

Lets share with everyone the dyno reports of our cars.
I'd encourage everyone to post if you have your cars tuned.

Mine's a Nissan Skyline R33 Series II and its modified .

Dyno tuned in NSW and reports are as follows
Whoa thats a nice flat torque curve.
And whp is 324bhp & your car is awd so there must be more drivetrain power loss,safe to assume the engine hp is close to 380 bhp.

Sadly i dont think many here in India can Dyno there cars, the only ones am aware of are in Mumbai & another with Red Rooster here in Bangalore,but even some of the wannabe nfs boys dont understand that these dynos show you Whp & not engine Hp,i remember reading in another forum some years ago where a guy complained his stock engine produces less than the factory figure,guess that led him to get a turbo[:)]. Anyways we must keep in mind during a drag race there is more drivetrain loss than what is shown on the dyno.

@drifter

Car heaven,they scrapped it???Uk am guessing,the govt pays you to buy a new car or something if am not wrong?

Well am sure not many on TAI have dyno'd there cars(including me),but i guess if you have friends who have done it,you can post those results atleast,would be nice to see some cars from India here.

drivetrain loss than what is shown on the dyno.
@drifter

Car heaven,they scrapped it???Uk am guessing,the govt pays you to buy a new car or something if am not wrong?

Well am sure not many on TAI have dyno'd there cars(including me),but i guess if you have friends who have done it,you can post those results atleast,would be nice to see some cars from India here.
It was damaged too far.

I have dyno'd 2 cars in Mumbai. Try to get them up some time when I find the graphs.

Thread Starter #6
Am not sure Drifter but is that a common thing in diesel engines ?
That shows there is a power band in certain Rev range where higher WHP is produced and not bad for that much old car.

Thread Starter #8
Like my graph is different to yours. Mine was a Continous graph increasing power with revs
but your graph shows PEAK power at 2500 RPM . is that normal for diesel engines ?

This reminds me of the motor bikes

Diesels dont rev high ,they run heavy heads thats why torque kicks in at low rpm,so light heads usually dont produce torque at low rpm like Yamaha R6 & F1 engines.

Thread Starter #12
This guy is Gagan lives in Canada , and he himself added a turbo and front mount intercooler, installed bov and then got the ECU done from proffessionals (nissan 200sx Australian delivered cars)

AM not sure how much these 240sx's weigh

Top Bottom