Share Pics of Your Car's Window Tints

Re: Share your window tints

@ Gears I don think even VIP'S are allowed dark tints , or are they? Only Jalex can answer this! BTW why don you tell your friend to switch to normal tints and legal plates? Normal tints can prevent your car from somebody rear-ending it!
No exceptions for anyone here, be it a Bureaucrat, a Politician, a V.I.P,etc. The rule says "every motor vehicle"

And you are right in the observation about the rear ending possibility. If you have a lighter shade sun film, the guy following you can see what happens in front of your vehicle and can react more quickly and in time.

Last edited:

Jalex, pertaining to your query "every motor vehicle", Once I had a discussion with one of my uncle whose good friend work with RTO. He informed that to put on darker tints, one need to get permission from home ministry showcasing reason of threat/safety and once they receive approval, they can use darker tints even with 0% VLT. This is procedure to put in black & white. Usually RTO/Cops do not check vehicle of politician or people with political background.

Jalex, pertaining to your query "every motor vehicle", Once I had a discussion with one of my uncle whose good friend work with RTO. He informed that to put on darker tints, one need to get permission from home ministry showcasing reason of threat/safety and once they receive approval, they can use darker tints even with 0% VLT. This is procedure to put in black & white. Usually RTO/Cops do not check vehicle of politician or people with political background.
I haven't come across anything on that note and there is no way around the book unless the law itself is amended. Unless its amended there will be no exceptions. And top of that its the Central Act, No state can relax or make an exception to a Central Act. Even if there are any people who can be exceptional in this case, It might be the Foreign Ambassadors of various nations and vehicles of foreign Embassies. I'm not sure about their immunities privileges but they do have some, like for instance they not susceptible to lawsuit or prosecution under the host country's laws (although they can be expelled).

The authorities taking no action for offending 'Biggies' is another story altogether and that is why people today have no shame in saying openly that they are brilliant by cheating or violating the system. People who are supposed to be role models set very bad examples, add to that the no accountability factor and we have what we have today. I dont know where this might end up, But it wont be good for sure. Take a look at Greece now.

And I dont understand how a 0% tint can ensure the safety of a person? Wouldn't an Armoured car make more sense for such people?
I've seen V.I.P motorcades with armoured cars involved, But I still have to see one with dark tints.

Last edited:

guess what you will hardly find dark tint on Real VIP [lol] . my self seen many VIP and know but never any one of them have dark sunfilm

Here are tints of my i10. These are VK 70 with TSER = 55% and VLT = 73%. Installed only on sides. However as claimed these are not that effective or maybe I haven't installed on front and back, thats making them less effective.

Attachments

@ Gears I don think even VIP'S are allowed dark tints , or are they? Only Jalex can answer this! BTW why don you tell your friend to switch to normal tints and legal plates? Normal tints can prevent your car from somebody rear-ending it!
He has already switched to Embossed Plates (so called HSRP's). Regarding the tints; he don't want anyone to see who is sitting next to him.[evil]

Thread Starter #23

hey, can someone post the sample pics of R.T.O approved tints, it would clarify things a much better way.

Thread Starter #25

Got myself R.T.O Approved film done on the front windsheild, i really like the greenish tint effect, and reduction in blinding lights/star lights from the oncoming vechile during night drivng [anger]

Installation was quick and easy, and got it done in 1/2hour from Janakpuri.

Windshield Film is a Garware Film which has 70% Visibilty and R.T.O Approved Certification.

Location and Installation Pics below

[cheers]

06032011159.jpg

06032011165.jpg

06032011166.jpg

06032011162.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
There is some problem with Imageshack. I have re-uploaded the photographs in previous posts. Please use forum upload facility in future.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #30
hmmm i think there is problem with image sharing site . why don't you upload image using forum tool
There is some problem with Imageshack. I have re-uploaded the photographs in previous posts. Please use forum upload facility in future.

Drive Safe,
350Z
^^ vibhor boss, the forum attachment wasn't accepting the images, it kept on server timing out, i tried it twice, then i moved onto imageshack

thanks 350z
@DJLUV i think i have went to this shop long ago . what was the cost ?
yeh, that's a good shop, i have been there a few times, the Garware film he sells is of Rs.1200, with certificate and car windshield sticker [evil]

What % is the front windshield of your swift naveen bro ?? and how much did it cost you ? and i definitely presume it's not LEGAL one

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom