Seventh Generation Toyota Camry - Pics and Info

2012 Toyota Camry

Hello Friends i saw many people talking about the new Camry in few threads. So thought of putting this together.

The seventh-generation Camry is being offered in four trim levels, including entry-level Camry L, midlevel LE, premium XLE and sporty SE, while the 2012 Camry Hybrid comes in LE and XLE grades.

Toyota said it has revised the Camry's base 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine, which for 2012 delivers 178 horsepower and 170 pound-feet of torque, compared with 169 hp and 167 lb-ft on the 2011 Camry.
The optional 3.5-liter V6 also has been upgraded. Output and torque remain the same, at 268 hp and 248 lb-ft.

The six-speed that comes standard with the Camry LE, XLE and SE features a sequential manual shift mode on the console, but only the SE is equipped with paddle shifters on the steering column, with quicker shift times.

Toyota Camry 2012
Following are the technical details for this car

Body: 4 door sedan

Size: 4806 (length) 1821 (width) 1471 (height)mm.

Wheelbase: 2776.22 mm

Drivetrain: Front engine/front wheel drive

Tyres: P215/65/R16 (LE)
P215/55/R17 (XLE)

Engine: 2.5L 4-cyl 6AT (LE)
3.5L V6 6AT (XLE)

Power: (Net@ RPM) 178 @ 6000 (LE)
268@ 6200 (XLE)

Torque: (Net @ RPM) 170 @ 4100 (LE)
248 @ 4700 (XLE)

Let all your views come in for this car Friends

Attachments

Last edited:
Re: 2012 Toyota Camry

Hmmm is this coming to India soon ? It looks more like those America versions like the Honda Accords,even design is very American(including the fellow in the back seat with his Zero cal water [:)] )

It appears you have posted pictures of two different trims,the sporty ones look very american & no where like the current bubbly Camry.

Re: 2012 Toyota Camry

Oh La La.......

Finally camry to get over that soft bubly look. This new design looks mean and places it next to Accord's awesome looks.
But, is it just me or the front really looks like a Civic with a mugen kit?? The tail design is one of the best seen around, so proportionate. the side profile reminds me of the current Accord. Still, I am happy to see Camry in this new aggressive Avatar.

freakdude.

Hmmm is this coming to India soon ? It looks more like those America versions like the Honda Accords,even design is very American(including the fellow in the back seat with his Zero cal water [:)] )

It appears you have posted pictures of two different trims,the sporty ones look very american & no where like the current bubbly Camry.
Yes this car will be launched in India, i read about it somewhere but don't remember where i read it.

And yes i have posted pics for two different trims. One is the very base model and the other one is the top model with the V6 engine (the sporty one).
And this 2012 model looks more cooler then the current model.

Oh La La.......

Finally camry to get over that soft bubly look. This new design looks mean and places it next to Accord's awesome looks.
But, is it just me or the front really looks like a Civic with a mugen kit?? The tail design is one of the best seen around, so proportionate. the side profile reminds me of the current Accord. Still, I am happy to see Camry in this new aggressive Avatar.

freakdude.
Yes Freakdude finally they came out with something attractive, The exterior as well as the interior is very nice. Especially the instrument cluster and the dash.
And yes the design was updated keeping the current accord and sonata in mind, that's what i think.
And the front look is somewhere matching to civic but not too much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom