Setting an Automatic Speed Limit on Cars and Bikes in India?

Setting an Automatic Speed Limit on Cars and Bikes in India?

• Yes, I support and would welcome this move.

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • No, I would thoroughly disapprove of this move.

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Maybe, it would depend on the situation and other things like speed set etc.

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
Its no practical solution, You can do 30Kmph and still be over speeding, Just picture someone doing 30Kmph in front of a school gate 5 minutes after the last bell has rung in the evening. Law enforcement with reasonable( Read Hefty) fines is the only way to change matters for good. And yes speed limiters and governors are a puzzle waiting to be cracked or by-passed.

Last edited:
BTW now in Chennai they are having speed governor cameras kept at highways and some places inside city. It's kept in the Chennai bye-pass highway which i use almost daily. This has helped to keep the speeds in limit for a particular flat straight stretch where people speed.

But even now people start to speed up again once we cross the speed governor(including me)!

@ Cooldhaya

Are there any cameras on the Chennai bye-pass road between the Bangalore highway and the flyover on the junction to Wavin?

I usually take this stretch and do not want to be caught speeding. And what is the speed limit, 80 kmph or 50 kmph?

IMO, speed limit is not the solution for the accidents though there are few people who drives recklessly. Govt. is not thinking about improvement in road conditions, better traffic management viz. plying of trucks in day time inside a city or controlling of unruly autos etc. Neither Govt. is thinking of speed limit marked lanes in the highways nor able to stop the unauthorized cuts. So manufacturing of speed limit controlled vehicles will not be effective.

Top Bottom