Servicing Your Car – Checklist, Tips and Tricks

Re: Servicing Your Car

Is it necessary to have AMC with authorised dealers ?

I have a AMC with Arya Honda for my New HONDA CITY. find it very expensive Annual M contract ₹ 20000. They keep increasing as your vehicle get older. Plus they charge you extra for wind shield polishes.Pest control and other stuff.
what if I get my car serviced by any other good garage in Andheri.i live in Andheri west all Arya Honda service stations are at Shivree, Lalbaug, Rayroad.If any one knew about good auto garage in Andheri west where Honda vehicles can be serviced?

Servicing tips required for Zen 2005 model on 50000 Kms

I have a Zen Vxi, 2005 Model. I am the second owner of the car and have purchased it in 2007.
June 2012 I have altered the car and added CNG kit at that point the running of the car was 30000 Kms.
Recently I have completed 50000 Kms and need some advice on what parts should I check or replace even
though they are not required but advised to be replaced at this point.

Service History.
I do a regular service at every 5000 Kms and after CNG Kit I replace the air filter as well on every service.
I have replaced at the tyres at 42000 Kms and have added a Michelin tyres.
On 47000 kms all the spark plugs changed.

Thing to do in this service.

The Rack below the steering road is gone and needs to change. I wanted to it last time but the Service Guy told me
there is no need for the same. When I go on roads full of pot holes the steering rod make a heavy noise. Does any body have
a idea what can be the impact of this on other parts and should I replace it in this service cost of the part is INR 4000.

Also what all other things are required to be done. For example Engine over haul, Timing belt change.

Any inputs are really welcome and appreciated.

When I go on roads full of pot holes the steering rod make a heavy noise.
It could be some worn out dampening pads,more than km you can see the age,rubber & other materials lose there quality with age. Very difficult to asses these things online.
But Zen was not a car to tackle India's bad roads so expect alot of wear. Try checking all the rubber dampening parts if any.

Also what all other things are required to be done. For example Engine over haul, Timing belt change.
If you have the cars original service manual ,they have a table in it to show what needs to be replaced at what interval. I guess refering to it is the best advice at the moment

Last edited:
Swift Diesel 20000 kms service

Hello Dear TAIs,

I thought to start this thread as I did not find one related to Swift Vdi and would help others (moderators, please redirect me if there is one and feel free to close this thread).

My Swift VDi is done around 17k kms in 2 years and is up for its 20k service. I hear and see tricks by service agents to rip us off.

Can you all experienced folks shed some light on your experiences and a good service station for this job? Surakshaa has good reviews online.

Thanks in advance,
Mahantesh

Re: Swift Diesel 20000 kms service

Which MASS do you visit ? I would advise you to look into your car manual. It would be clearly stated what is "necessary" to be changed/attended during 20K service. Please stick to same irrespective of whatever SA says.

I used to visit Mandovi VijayNagar, nothing great about them. My left rear bumper was hit by a two wheeler and it had come-out a bit (2 locks), when asked they said they cant fix it. I got it done from a local cycle-wala outside for 20 bucks. So cant believe them, hence planning to shift to another service center.

Usually big MASS ones try to avoid these petty jobs. It is too hectic for them doing paper work and stuff. If you have made relationship with any SE, you could have got it done free.

I would suggest you to visit smaller MASS, guess quality of service will be better.

Not sure of any smaller setups...

I have cabin pollen air filter installed by Bosch, does anybody suggest me to get the blower and fan cleaned? Is that a good practice?

My car's dashboard started rattling from sometime now, can MASS guys fix at least for some extent? or I need to get the damping or some sort of after market stuff?

Guyz,

Am planning to give my safari for the routine 15000 kms service. Now the odo reads 26500, last service i did at 14000 kms. (14000kms instead of 15000km to be on safer side.)

So planning to get the service at 28000 kms.All the fluids in the vehicle are changed at 14000 kms. So planning to change only engine oil and oil filter. All other stuff will be checked for top up.

Do i need to change the fuel filter also. In manual it says fuel filter to be changed at every 3000kms. So i think i can change it at 45000 km service.

More over since its a only oil change am planning to get this done with a local mechanic. My vechicle's extended warranty also expired.

Any suggestions?

Swift VXi Second service near, Points to watch out for??

Hi everyone.
My swift vxi is due for free second servicing by this months' end.

Can you please explain to a layman what are the important aspects which should be focused on during this servicing.?
I had no clue whatsoever during my first service that I dont know what was done to my car. (felt a bit stupid from my side)
By far, I have not experienced any glitches in my drive apart from two things:
1. a screw/bolt inside dashboard vibrates sometimes.
2. right-rear tire makes slight noise only audible on plain roads.

Other than that, I see no faults.
Are there some specific points which must be raised during this second servicing from my side?

Re: Swift VXi Second service near, Points to watch out for??

Hi everyone.
My swift vxi is due for free second servicing by this months' end.

Can you please explain to a layman what are the important aspects which should be focused on during this servicing.?
I had no clue whatsoever during my first service that I dont know what was done to my car. (felt a bit stupid from my side)
By far, I have not experienced any glitches in my drive apart from two things:
1. a screw/bolt inside dashboard vibrates sometimes.
2. right-rear tire makes slight noise only audible on plain roads.

Other than that, I see no faults.
Are there some specific points which must be raised during this second servicing from my side?
Your owners manual will have all the things that need to be covered during each and every service.Apart from this you need to bring to the niggles that you are mentioning to the attention of the SA(service advisor) that attends your car.After the service is done do not sign any paper work till you do a test drive and are certain all the niggles have been sorted out.If not bring this to the attention of the SA and let them find a solution.

third service for dzire...

Hello everyone our dzire vxi is due for its third service the next week. Can anyone help me with the works that needs to be done on that service, the cost associated and do i need to go for wheel alignment and balancing?....Thanks in advance for helping me out..

Things to do in first service

Hi,

My swift vxi is due first service this Saturday. Reading through the manual, all it seems they do in first service is inspect & wash the car. I have a lingering brake & rattle problem i will insist they resolve. But what else should i ask them to do? I always thought that gear box & engine oil should be replaced at 1st service becasue the first 1000km are meant to "break in" the gear box & engine and changing the oils would clear the "wharf". Doesnt look like the do it though. Should i insist they do this, at my cost may be? Help me clear my mind of this

Ameyam

Last edited:

Top Bottom