Servicing Your Car – Checklist, Tips and Tricks

General service !
Change oil and oil filter
check for gear oil and refill /flush and fill with new one with proper grade.
If diesel means , replace diesel filter
petrol means , replace according to odo read.

check for clutch , check how much life remaining.
check and clean brake - during brake service the mechanic hands must be clean , no oil , grease etc.
wash the pad and lining with petrol , avoid scrubbing to ground (they also remove dirt and age old practice of cleaning, - remember school students dirt their hand in mud before boarding the bus in its steps for good grips)
Bleed air in diesel filter and also in brake pipes/line.
check and align wheel, rotate if necessary.
lubricate and grease , the parts necessary , like doors etc.

wash the car and apply polish.
add plastic and rubber care on plastic and rubber items.

Check and replace spark plug .
check and replace wiper blade if necessary

Check and replace coolant if necessary , green one needs to be done.

Apply anabond in drain cork of oil sump for added protection.
Also in differentials if the oil is replaced in rear wheel drive car.

check and adjust / replace belts and bearing.

Hope i covered most!

Thread Starter #3
Thanks alot for this info.But it would be easier or me if u tell me with respect 1st ,2nd and 3rd service.Since my car is new,I want to know what would be done and wat should be taken care of in each service.I hope u understand what I am trying to say..

ilango,
can we do the said servicing ourselves? like oil change and other inspections . will that interfere with the warrenty.

ps:if we can that would be blessing saving time

Thread Starter #11
ya second service involves this only.
But second service is at 10,000 kms.During that oil and some other liquids are also changed.Right?If not then when is the engine oil changed?
-----------Next Post-----------
ilango,
can we do the said servicing ourselves? like oil change and other inspections . will that interfere with the warrenty.

In my m800,for oil change,they open some kind of oil outlet from below the car and for coolant they remove the radiator pipe below it and empty the the radiator to add new coolant.So I dont think that such things can be done by us [frustration]

Last edited:
ilango,

yes you can do but i have no idea about warranty issue . oil and filter change is easy . i have done that in my santro .

ilango,

Yes you can , need some experience and tool

For oil filter change , you need a "wrinch" -- not exact of spelling .
it must be not too tight or too loose .

drain plug at bottom and refill new oil - In some case you need to clean , fill exact amount of diesel in oil's space and run the engine for about some few min. drain and fill new oil.

coolant - you must be careful in doing it - we do them by keeping the engine running and the main hose removed and we keep pouring water in radiator for some time . after that fix the main hose and pour in coolant.

Water is kept pouring in to flush out , in final part add distilled water and then close after few min. then add coolant in radiator and remaining in reservoir(it must also be cleaned.)

Gear oil change is similar to engine oil change - minus the diesel part(can be done to clean but do not drive , just rotate the wheels .)

air filter change is easy i hope.

Diesel filter , new rubber packing are fit in new filter and old filter is removed and the holder is cleaned. , after fixing it , we need to pump out the air.

petrol filter is easy and hope its changed about 40000 once almost similar in any petrol car. it will be maximum near the tank at rear.

Mpfi engine - spray some electrical contact cleaner near the injector part - if you remove and spray the contact its fine

greasing is easy on doors.

Warranty issues will rise if you don't close the drain cork and oil filter perfectly and run in without noting the temperature will cease the engine - same way the radiator part. Minor but life taking kinda.

If you have tools you can do brake cleaning and brake replacement too - but i hope none have that tool in home.

DISPOSE OLD OIL AND FILTER IN SAFE WAY

That was perfect Ilango!

But i think it will still affect warranty! Because it will be clearly mentioned in the manual service your vehicle periodically at authorized service stations at the specified time intervals else warranty will be void!

That was perfect Ilango!

But i think it will still affect warranty! Because it will be clearly mentioned in the manual service your vehicle periodically at authorized service stations at the specified time intervals else warranty will be void!
Just was sharing things that i used to do , my life is daily on a garage ![evil]

Any small mistake will kill engine at the cause of ignorance driving.

Just stay glued to the engine temp , err am i frightening too much?

If the temp increase , they will difference in behavior of car!! , rest all time have a happy driving.

Top Bottom