Service Related Help Needed For Tata Safari EX

Thread Starter #1
I got a tata safari ex 2008 pre-worshipped car with 50,000 genuine reading. i got the car after inspection from a guy from tata motors tafe reach. he inspected the vehcile and quted 4.15 lakhs and i got it for 4.21 lakjshs after bargaining.

after getting the car, the next day i did a complete service.

* engine oil 7 litres
* oil fliter.
* air filter, power steering fluid, clutch fluid, brake fluid, brake pads changed. turbo manifold hose changed.

The service centre quoted the next service at 58,000 kms. i have done 5000kms in 2 month. recently when coming from a trip to ooty and mysore, i felt sudden loss of power. the car effortlesly accelerate and reach 80 in 4th gear and when i slot into 5th at 80, the rpm raises but there is no speed increase, it will take a lot of time to reach 3000rpm and speed is around 135-140 that too with a lot of engine sound. also i get a sound like a extra motor is running in the car and this sound comes past 70kmph. I have done a few off roading in slush. There is no problem with low end. The service centre is not able to locate the issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Expert help needed for tata safari ex

Dear RVDD, welcome to The Automotive India!

It seems that there is some problem with the turbocharger. Please open the bonnet and see if the turbo hose is connected properly before you go any further. Is the vehicle emitting smoke while accelerating?

Regards,
Sam

Thread Starter #3

I'm not able to locate the turbo hose two hose are there one is from air filter and another one is a red colour hose not sure which one is the turbo hose . no smoke while accelerating or changing gears.

Its a black coloured hose near the intake manifold. Please take your vehicle to the service centre and ask the SA to check it up in case you have no experience in this area.

Thread Starter #6
I'm happy the issue is sorted out and I was away from home so I couldn' update the thread..

This is how it goes.Since the local service tafe reach is not able to identify the issue.I was asked to drive to Chennai, but I said them I was bit scared to drive in this condition. Great support for Tata, guy has come all the way from Chennai, 230kms by bus to my home town. I was asked by tafe reach to bring the vehicle to service centre. The guy test drove the vehicle and there you go he said there is water in sedimenter. Both and my local service centre doesn't have any clue what he is saying?

Tthen he showed the place of sedimenter at the rear end of vehile and he unscrewed a nut I think and water was flushing out. The water was fully dried and then after 30 mins he asked me to drive the car while he was in the passenger seat. There you go, the vehicle is back at 165.

I said why is the indicator doesn't show this and he says the connection is due to lost in contacts, so light is not glowing.

He also said the ac belt is loose and he asked to change it, we did that after reaching the service centre.I asked him what is sedimentor? he took the user manual and showed me the thing, it was writtern when there is water is sedimentor, the vehicle runs in limp mode. He said that's why there is loss of acceleration and top speed. I gave him some cash without knowledge of service centre and booked the return ticket in train in ac coach. I'm happy with Tata service although I got a pre-worshipped Safari.

Last weekend I happened to drive my friend's Simo Gold. I will write my 407 experience.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom