Service Faults..

Thread Starter #1
I have dropped my car for usual service with intermittent cut out of Air conditioning unit problem on 1-12-2011. I had been informed that car will be delivered in 3 day max but it was delivered on 6/12/2011 (Invoice: B201108396). As i was not on town, i requested to deliver home with hyundai driver. The driver who delivers car informed my parents as the car giving enormous sound in muffler and advised to check. I back to home on 10/12/2001 and felt the annoying sound in muffler, front mirror wiper wasnt wipe properly so i took the car to the service center on the same day. The service in-charge pointed me out a big hole in muffler which produces the sound. I asked them how the hole was created as it was good before service, he justified the hole could be made while cleaning and that was not their mistake and to get the car on 17/12/2001 for fixing. I took the car and it was fixed on the same day (Invoice: B201108700) but immediately after this, it gives enormous sound in steering wheel but as i was on an emergency work and it was after 6, i couldnt back to service center and i continue to drive with that sound but within 30 kms the steering wheel started to struck up. I checked in a Automobiles, they informed steering set was completely harmed as there was no steering oil and it costs me Rs.11,000 for that. I again visit hyundai dealer, they informed that steering wheel base has problem, it has to be changed that costs Rs.800 excluding the labour and servce charge.

My doubts:
1. How was the hole made in muffler, it was perfect before serve. I couldnt agree that mud, rust was formed over the muffler so the hole was made while cleaning.
2. Why was not the service in charge notice the hole in muffler before deliver and hence it costs me another day and Rs.882 to fix it.
3. How was the steering wheel base repaired immediately after the muffler service before it reach 10 kms i felt that sound so that within 30 minutes the steering oil should be completely drained out, and before it reach 30 kms the whole steering wheel set was harmed and costs Rs.11,000 for me.

man hyundai a.s.s ppl taking you for ride. each time they got new problem after fixing..can be 'coz to their careless mechanics!!

did ya had steering or muffler problem before servicing??

Hi Selvam,
how old is your car and how much has it done..?? is it not under warranty?
Also, please inform the name and location of the dealer you have been visiting.
Regards.

Welcome Selvam to TAI.

there are some questions appropriately raised by "Bumpy Ride" and "Dodge" and I would like to ask some more. Please note that a hole can be covered by mud/rust easily and definitely can get uncovered by the cleaning. Now to the questions

1. How old is the car? It is rare for a car muffler to develop a hole if the car is within 3 years of age.

2. If there is a hole in the muffler due to corrosion it will have many lips (hole circumference will not be uniform), if made by a person using a punch the surrounding area will be depressed slightly than the rest of the muffler. The hole also will be quite uniform. How did the hole appear to be?
(In any case a hole in the muffler means that you need to take a piece of steel plate (cut from any old steel box) and stick with a resin/hardener type of sticking medium like M seal, Cordobond, Araldite etc. on the hole.)

3. Difficult to decide about the missing steering oil but please ask the mechanic/service center which repaired it whether there was any seal leak , damaged seal due to which this may have happened etc.

4. Please let us know the Name of the Service center.

these are the cheap tricks played by SA's in most of the ASS . Even i had faced such situation when i gave my car for service at 45k km.
Due to lack of manpower my car was sent to another branch of same ASS and guess what ? that einstien calls me and says car is in unmovable condition and that i have to replace fuel lines and carb which costs 4500 Rs additionally.
when I went there my car was sitting there still untouched. all they want is to take as much amount as possible by putting the customer in tension.
as Biddu said check the hole on the muffler
i would say change the ASS itself . IMHO it all depends on the SA who deals with our car , if he is responsible and sincere then he wont take customer for a ride[:)]

Top Bottom