Sedans v/s SUVs - Your Personal Pick?

Sedan or SUV

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The BIG Debate: Sedans v/s SUVs

Point was just to show that 3rd row of seats isn't good enough even if one has it in UV.
What! I have travelled to Shirdi & back in the 3rd row of innova & I was comfortable. the 2nd row was slided forward. I am 6'2".

90%. I have given egs. for same too.
Ok, 99% of sedan owners are morons.

But scorpio, safari doesn't classify as SUV. Hope you got the point.
Only according to you. Ask your sedan or MUV to do the things which scorpio & safari has done in the videos.

Who denied this ?
You are the one who said that you were not comfortable with the legroom of the innova's 2nd row. forgot?

Now from where did CBZ-X came into picture here ?? You can call them whatever you want, what has that to do with me ?[confused]
your profile says you have a CBZ-X.

Because the poll is what you were looking at, hence the statement. Btw look at current votes, sedan vs UV gap has decreased.
Because you have created this thread with polls for the same purpose.

See other side of story too:-
DUDE! Those are plain driver errors. you cant give an SUV to an inexperienced driver & expect him to cross the himalayas, even if it a Hummer!

And this is the precise reason I had mentioned this -

@ S Class: I again repeat, Scorpio is not a hardcore off roader but its no UV either. Please note most of the Scorpios in the videos are 2WD!
Just because the EVO handles well, you mean to say it will never have an accident in the hands of a novice?

Not to forget, Scorpio is made by the company which entered into this industry with 4x4 jeeps. 4x4 is in their DNA!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #77

What crap! I have travelled to Shirdi & back in the 3rd row of innova & I was comfortable. the 2nd row was slided forward. I am 6'2".
Just because you are comfortable doesn't mean the whole world should be comfortable.

Ok, 99% of sedan owners are morons.
Proof please. I have given for UVs.

Only according to you. Ask your sedan or MUV to do the things which scorpio & safari has done in the videos.
And scorpio turns turtle while drifting.[lol]

You are the one who said that you were not comfortable with the legroom of the innova's 2nd row. forgot?
Naah, I said 3rd row is useless.

your profile says you have a CBZ-X.
Ah, thanks for this. Need to update it.

DUDE! Those are plain driver errors. you cant give an SUV to an inexperienced driver & expect him to cross the himalayas, even if it a Hummer!
Something bad happens with sedan, the car is hopeless. But if something happens to UV, the driver is bad...wow what a logic.

Not to forget, Scorpio is made by the company which entered into this industry with 4x4 jeeps. 4x4 is in their DNA!
Who is denying this. But it is a JEEP & not SUV. Same is the case with scorpio which is not SUV but 4x4 people/goods mover UV.

Just because you are comfortable doesn't mean the whole world should be comfortable.
True.

Proof please. I have given for UVs.
What proof you gave for UVs?

And scorpio turns turtle while drifting.[lol]
Of course, Scorpio is an SUV, not meant for drifting!

Something bad happens with sedan, the car is hopeless. But if something happens to UV, the driver is bad...wow what a logic.
Who said this? link please.

Who is denying this. But it is a JEEP & not SUV. Same is the case with scorpio which is not SUV but 4x4 people/goods mover UV.
No point arguing on senseless & baseless comments.

And I am sure this must the petrol BMW. You need to compare 320d with Safari dicor to get clear picture.
[lol]it was diesel only not single BMW dealer had petrol version for TD

Below excerpts from wikipedia perfectly speaks my mind on Sport utility vehicle

Sport utility vehicles are off-road vehicles with four-wheel drive and true off-road capability. They most often feature high ground clearance and an upright, boxy body design. Sport Utilities are typically defined by a body on frame construction which offers more off-road capability but reduced on-road ride comfort and handling compared to a cross-over or car based utility vehicle
below Pics of Ford Explorer,Jeep Grand Cherokee,I feel very comfortable and conveninet to call "SUV".
these when driven take you to a different level of driving pleasure/leisure.

But scorpio and safari are definitly more than a MUV/MPV . but not reaching upto true SUV so can we call it a Compact SUV..no ,I dont think so.

They give feeling of Big,solid,toughness ,rigidity and power of offroader but are comforable and luxurious too but not as much as upto Xover or Sedan cars.

I have travelled in Ford explorer many times , your heart shouts this is SUV..SUV..SUV.

Well we are already running out of topic yet ....
can you tell what makes you think its SUV other then expensive price tag

@S class i have to say one thing just because you said it doesn't become UV its safari and scorpio are SUV no matter what you say .
A sport utility vehicle, or SUV, is a generic specification for a passenger vehicle which combines the towing capacity of a pickup truck with the passenger-carrying space of a minivan or station wagon together with on or off road ability. SUVs are considered light trucks and often share the same platforms of pickups.
Video you have posted please bring you so call true SUV specially Q7 i want to see it doing same stuff what scorpio and safari do .

now i wonder what will you call manza or other sedan which are less expensive if you say only expensive cars can call them self

It is not about the price tag but the feel of "sporty" which we should address here in . Scorpio made me feel I am in usual Pick up truck with the way it was moving with unpredictable body roll and lack of refinement,I cannot comment much upon new Mhawk's as those one I have known only through reviews only.
Safari have much more appeal and charm of an SUV but again it is not that powerfull enough though it had got great ride quality. we can put the blame on the Indian manufacturer probably as they could not come up with 'definite' proper Suv yet which could compete with other real SUV's around the world.

yeah I agree scorpio and safari can do many things on road offroad but again to see it as a head turning SUV requires lot of modifications like for suspensions,engine,nvh,isolations etc.

here again a true offroader can do lot many things offroad but one can waive how its refinement level is,nvh,ride quality,power, and vice verca with a sedan...that is all what i am pointing to ..hope it is alright..!!
I like Suv's, they are king of road but in India ....

I don't know what the hell is going on in the discussion:-
A BMW 320 D being compared to a Safari!!I mean how the hell,everyone knows that a Safari cannot even match a Honda City in driving dynamics and ride quality,I mean the pliant ride and handling of a sedan can never be there in a SUV.
Then comes the super hell...A CBZ-Xtreme..[frustration]

I am an owner of both an Innova and two sedans,have experienced both Safari and Scorpio things too in the past and none was able to please us for more than 4-5 months.
Now the views of mine are as follows:-
1)SUVs are lifestyle vehicles,this netaji etc vehicle can be sedans too.What is the purpose of SUVs is to crush the continents and they do it quite well.
2)SUVs are the choice of some true enthusiasts only because they like the raw power and torque,these are basically owned by either bigger families or the people who are just enthusiastic about them..LIKE OUR DEAR MASTERSQUALL.
3)SUVs may be comfortable but their comfort levels are never ever as good as MUVs or sedans.Why?This is because SUVs are meant to handle every terrain you throw at them not for comfy highway runs only.

4)I voted for sedans because I find them better,why?The reasons are in the following points:-
a)Sedans are also a lifestyle vehicle and are themselves a symbol of decency.
b)Basically sedans represent the professionals/corporates/businessmen and hence no police/RTO is ever interested in stopping them for checking,whle they do it with SUVs.
c)SUVs may have power,but sedans use the power they have,its a fact that even a Swift DZire ZXI/ZDI can outrun a Scorpio or Safari in a run.Then Honda City or Laura are the breeds which are just out of the reach of SUVs.
d)The ride,handling and seating comfort a sedan can give you is always absent in your SUV.
e)The world may be beware of SUV drivers but all the Safari/Endy/Fortuner drivers are scared of my Laura..and its a fact.As we say,no dog barks when tiger roars.All SUV drivers are scared of the businessman they will be facing who is in that shiny sedan.
f)I myself don't know how many SUV owners have been beating their steering because I just keep my Laura at 150 kph on the side of their SUVs and they stand up on their gas paddle but unable to go ahead of me.
g)UVs like Scorpio or Safari with 4X2 are even worse than any sedan when they are trapped.At least light weight sedans pull out themselves or need very less labour,but a UV can make the hell out of the day.Only GC is the advantage they have,none else.

ANYONE WITH ANY DOUBTS MUST CLARIFY THEM AT THE VERY POINT ITSELF..[evil]

Honda City in driving dynamics and ride quality,I mean the pliant ride and handling of a sedan can never be there in a SUV.
Should give a try, Linea t-jet vs safari vs scorpio on ghats...it will make everything clear. ( before the competetion it should be made clear that SUV's are not just offroader.)

@Jayadev:
My best friend owns the first T-jet of NCR..
And the T-Jet is the car which can give even the Civic a run for the ride,handling and responsiveness.What are the Scorp or Safari in front of it?Just open your RVMs and then see them getting invisible.
I have driven it to Manali and Rohtang and I can bet that nothing comes close.

Hi Folks

My Opinion is SUV / MUV is best for driving and siting for local and long driving

I am Enjoy more fun in my Xylo for local and long driving compare with sedan,.

Hi Folks

My Opinion is SUV / MUV is best for driving and siting for local and long driving

I am Enjoy more fun in my Xylo for local and long driving compare with sedan,.
Is xylo also an SUV ??... or you went seriously Off topic .

I don't know what the hell is going on in the discussion:-
A BMW 320 D being compared to a Safari!!I mean how the hell,everyone knows that a Safari cannot even match a Honda City in driving dynamics and ride quality,I mean the pliant ride and handling of a sedan can never be there in a SUV.
Then comes the super hell...A CBZ-Xtreme..[frustration]
[evil]
He he even worst of that was made by dear S Class comparing scorpio with RR

I am an owner of both an Innova and two sedans,have experienced both Safari and Scorpio things too in the past and none was able to please us for more than 4-5 months.
1)SUVs are lifestyle vehicles,this netaji etc vehicle can be sedans too.What is the purpose of SUVs is to crush the continents and they do it quite well.
2)SUVs are the choice of some true enthusiasts only because they like the raw power and torque,these are basically owned by either bigger families or the people who are just enthusiastic about them..LIKE OUR DEAR MASTERSQUALL.
3)SUVs may be comfortable but their comfort levels are never ever as good as MUVs or sedans.Why?This is because SUVs are meant to handle every terrain you throw at them not for comfy highway runs only.

4)I voted for sedans because I find them better,why?The reasons are in the following points:-
b)Basically sedans represent the professionals/corporates/businessmen and hence no police/RTO is ever interested in stopping them for checking,whle they do it with SUVs.
c)SUVs may have power,but sedans use the power they have,its a fact that even a Swift DZire ZXI/ZDI can outrun a Scorpio or Safari in a run.Then Honda City or Laura are the breeds which are just out of the reach of SUVs.
d)The ride,handling and seating comfort a sedan can give you is always absent in your SUV.
e)The world may be beware of SUV drivers but all the Safari/Endy/Fortuner drivers are scared of my Laura..and its a fact.As we say,no dog barks when tiger roars.All SUV drivers are scared of the businessman they will be facing who is in that shiny sedan.
f)I myself don't know how many SUV owners have been beating their steering because I just keep my Laura at 150 kph on the side of their SUVs and they stand up on their gas paddle but unable to go ahead of me.
g)UVs like Scorpio or Safari with 4X2 are even worse than any sedan when they are trapped.At least light weight sedans pull out themselves or need very less labour,but a UV can make the hell out of the day.Only GC is the advantage they have,none else.

ANYONE WITH ANY DOUBTS MUST CLARIFY THEM AT THE VERY POINT ITSELF..]
:agree:

Now this point is put up and clearly says that Sedans mostly are used for personal purposes
SUVs/MUVs are used to serve family.

And for the info Both sedans and SUVs are used by enthusiasts.

Thread Starter #87

now i wonder what will you call manza or other sedan which are less expensive if you say only expensive cars can call them self
Car is a car. Issue is when Manza is called Limousine [lol].
Similarly, UV is UV, but don't call MPV/MUV as SUV.
It is like saying that Nissan Sunny is a Limo coz its a CAAAR !!!![lol]

+1.:agree:
And it is good that you have said you have used UVs for 4 months so that no one will say that you are not used to UVs. Also, how can a 4x2 be called as SUVs ?? True SUVs never have 4x2 option at all. I mean, increase ground clearance of Audi Quattro sedans & will it then become SUV ?[confused]

Comfort, ride quality, handling, speed, looks, NVH etc. all are better for sedans than UVs. UVs are good only if you need to carry more people or travel on kuccha road.

Btw, I agree about UV & sedan comparo. Case is when I was going to Ranjangaon MIDC on Pune-Nagar road, the cops were checking several vehicles......stopped all UVs, saw Scorpio (don't know whether it was MHawk or CRDe), Tavera & Grande, while they just waived at us & we left.

To me, for day to day intra & inter city travel, sedans are the best.

@S Class:
Just have a look at what I have written and you wil find that I haven't mentioned 4X2s as SUVs but have mentioned them simply as UVs.

I am already used to UVs maybe even more than some of our SUV/UV owners here.My Innova has covered about 90k kms,Safari was sold after 18k kms and Scorpio after 7k kms.That means overall I have experienced this breed of vehicles for more than one lac kms.I hope this much experience is enough to judge a vehicle.

Off-course any Audi quattro can be called a SUV in fact sedan cum SUV or a GT if it ticks all the boxes for the SUV as well as Sedan category.

Btw, I agree about UV & sedan comparo. Case is when I was going to Ranjangaon MIDC on Pune-Nagar road, the cops were checking several vehicles......stopped all UVs, saw Scorpio (don't know whether it was MHawk or CRDe), Tavera & Grande, while they just waived at us & we left.

Police were stopping UVs because many a times private UVs (white boards) are used as Taxi - with out permits and without paying tax.

So Police naturally will be checking all UVs to catch those who misuse.

@Autosafari:
Its okay with an Innova or Tavera or Grande or a Bolero to be thought to be a taxi and being checked.But the reason behind the UVs like Scorpio and Safari being checked by the cops here in NCR is somewhat different,the reasons are as follows:-
1)Now a days most of the criminals here in NCR are using either Scorpio or Safari.
2)A major part of the stolen vehicles here in NCR are either Boleros,Scorpios or Safaries.
3)These vehicles have been found involved in smuggling too.
4)Basically these are used by politicians or ministers so,illegal jobs are carried out in them extensively.

While there is nothing like the same with the sedans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom