Sedans v/s SUVs - Your Personal Pick?

Sedan or SUV

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #16
Re: Mahindra XUV500 vs Tata Aria vs Toyota Innova!

what do you mean . you mean ALL SUV owner buy just to showoff or scream . There are people like us who buy it just because we like it as well as SUV are tough so better for our work which require lot of bad roads travelling where normal sedan would start rattling and lot of damage(means lot of money spend)

One more thing i didn't brought safari by selling land but by hard earned money and don't forget loan.

BTW i drive alone with machine parts not chamchas
Don't get me wrong. As said to Raj, this is based on what is largely seen in Pune. You can even check what has been written by drivetech as well.

3 of my relatives too own SUV but they are not based in Pune. Anytime you come to Pune, 90% of scorpios/fortuners will be driven by khadi clad netas, chamchas or gunthamantris. Hence, the statement. And buddy, don't take it personally.

* Sharad Pawars fav vehicle is Audi Q7, netas below him drive Fortuner while low rung chamchas & corporators drive scorpio. Pls visit PMC/PCMC HQ.

Last edited:

Sorry about above post i got angry seeing your post . You should have said 90% before . i understand now and its same thing here in delhi NCR

Yes that 10% (excluded from goons list) consist of masterquall, mukeshus, Raj and others [lol]

Personally I would like to own an SUV - a new generation TATA Safari or Range Rover once my financial position improve.

And yes at that time I would like to be included in the 10% list mentioned above and not the 90% catagory

Eventhough we call it stereotyping, the fact remains that majority of SUV owners are of the catagory mentioned by S Class.

Re: Sedan/Saloon or MUV/SUV

Well i think your experiences with SUV'S so far are very bad buddy and so i think you are calling them as mini-trucks and all.

Firstly i generally like sedans so i voted for car.

But secondly for our construction business an SUV is a must to tackle bad roads in some case non-existent too which a sedan can never traverse , to carry the goods sometimes in urgent case. In our case we like travelling by road so we find SUV'S more comfortable than sedans and also generally SUV'S are more safer in case of an accident.

Some of negatives of owning an SUV are marginally lower FE but you compensate that by carrying more people , driving in tight streets and parking problem.

And by saying SUV'S have more luggage space don't see only the boot space. Some people who drive single always too prefer an SUV sometimes if they need to carry luggage. Fold both the rows and you will get MASSIVE boot space in an SUV.

And why i say SUV'S are safer in case of accident. Now just imagine a sedan or hatch going head on against a heavy duty vehicle , chances are high that the sedan or hatch will completely go under the vehicle! But in case of an SUV chance for survival is higher.

Now some of the advantages of a sedan i see are high FE , better performance , handling and stability , more gizmos.

In the end it depends on your profession and needs.

So my views are on the same lines! Great men always thinks alike [clap]

Nowadays we are observing lot of heated arguments on the threads, luckily the partners in crime are most common across the threads!

XOVER is missing here!

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team

Nowadays we are observing lot of heated arguments on the threads, luckily the partners in crime are most common across the threads!
The argument is basically a discussion between people with opposite views. So that heat and conflicts are quite obvious. But what matters the most is that it should remain constructive and without getting too much personal. I’d like to clear the same in the beginning itself before we move on further.

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z I definitely agree with you! Just from a perspective of guest users/ or other members the threads should be kept clean, hey should remain Informative and readable to any one. The Discussions- turned into arguments should be based on technical facts, genuine source of information, Own experience with proofs/ thread references.

Personal attacks, Fanboyism should be strictly avoided![clap]The discussions should not revolve around only 2-3 members. Also Abusive ,Offensive language must be barred. If it does happen , Moderator must intervene.

Last edited:
Re: The BIG Debate: Sedans v/s SUVs

For MUV/SUVs:-
Good for off-roading,
More seating capacity,
Feels like a truck....some people like this,
Good for bullying smaller vehicles like rickshaws....some people buy for this reason,
You are a type of person who likes to shout that you have arrived, no matter whether others are interested in knowing about it or not.
I want to ask one thing. does India have any SUV in market for less than 20lakh?

Toyota innova is nothing but a compromise to harness mass market of India. it is not at all pleasant experience to drive .sure.

fortuner is sure truck like which i drove abroad.

but Drive a toyota land cruiser one will forget sedans and saloons.

I think it is not far difficult to put same kind of effort into an suv which a manufacturer put in a sedan. only thing which calls for a compromise is the cost.

most of the time i have difficulty understanding an suv , what is an SUV and not an SUV?
sport utility?? nissan350z,infinity murrano,audi x6..?

I do understand super mini car, sedan, midsize car, trucks, van.

suv's should come 40lakh +. anything below is just like naming "hyundai i10 ,sports"

either I am totally getting it wrong here or we people in India are well convinced of something..

I have owned a Sedan (Hyundai Accent) for 5 years and the Scorp for a year now. So, this is my 2 cents.

Sedan

1. The best part about a sedan is the confidence you get to stretch your legs on highways and control the car at high speeds, even when approaching a corner.

2. Easy to maintain (cleaning/washing/waxing)

3. Economical because of high mileage (Diesel sedans, in this regard)

4. Sticks to the road types (handling)

5. Definitely more stylish in terms of design/looks than an SUV.

6. Interior fit and finish is superior in a Sedan

7. Plastic quality is better

Dis-Likes :

1. How many times of you seen a sedan with a scratch or two on its front left bumper? Its tough to judge the objects on the extreme left corner, while driving a sedan.

2. Comfortable for four adults (not five)

3. High maintenance, if its petrol (in my case it was a Petrol sedan)

4. Low ground clearance. You have to be cautious, every time you go over a pothole or a speed breaker.

5. Tyres wear out within 30/40K kms

6. Accessories you feel like adding : Yes, I think this a dis-advantage if you have a sedan.

It sure drills a massive hole in your pocket. I have not spent 5% of the money towards the Scorp, that I spent on Accent.

SUV

1. Size does matter. You definitely get respect on road, when you're driving a SUV than a Sedan. No autorickshaw/hatch/biker and sometimes even sedans, come in your way.

2. The commanding view that you get. Not a single scratch on my bumper so far (Touchwood)

3. SPACE : I can move my room inside it. comfortable for 7 adults, with luggage (7 of us went to Goa in my Scorp and had no issues)

4. Ground clearance. I seldom slow down on speed breakers or bad roads. You can see all the hatches/sedans on your rear view mirror, for sure.

5. The best part is, its Diesel. I don't know if there is a Petrol SUV (except for Vitara)

6. It reduces the driving fatigue. Personally, I have enjoyed driving the Scorp more than the Accent.

Dis-Likes :

1. Long gear shifts.

2. Body-roll (I freak out, when I approach a corner, even if I'm at 90)

3. Incapable at high speeds (I dont even bother going above 120 because it does not give you the confidence)

4. Washing and cleaning (it takes me atleast 3 hours to get him ready, thats once a week)

Overall :

I might never buy a sedan again.

Last edited:

@ Avindu Other Petrol SUV'S are Outlander and CRV which i remember for now.

Agree with all your points , though i still like sedans more i will definitely have an SUV also with me one day.

I have owned a Sedan (Hyundai Accent) for 5 years and the Scorp for a year now. So, this is my 2 cents.

.......... Overall :

Avindu, you just read my heart out :agree:

I drove a Nissan Versa sedan in US and now Scorpio. Though Scorpio has its issues, I simply "love" it [angel]

My 2 more cents why I like SUVs

Even if Sedans are comfortable at high speeds, I am not the racing type of driver so this is not an advantage to me, yes the only advantage I see in sedan is they can turn at higher speeds.

I feels SUVs have more macho looks than Sedans

Driving an SUV at night on Indian roads is much safer and lesser fatigue because of the high position and higher ground clearance, you dont need to worry about the headlight glare of the oncoming traffic or worry about the stones left by the truckers which they used for parking their trucks.

Someone said SUVs are used by goondas, then sedans are used by the currupt politicians (govt vehicles) who are effecting our lives more than the goodas. Please don't generalize things.

My 2 more cents why I like SUVs
Someone said SUVs are used by goondas, then sedans are used by the currupt politicians (govt vehicles) who are effecting our lives more than the goodas. Please don't generalize things.
I guess you haven't read that post correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom