Securing Your Car From Theft: Tips and Tricks

OK question for the security system experts. Most cars these days at least the top end variants come with remote keyless entry & locking & anti-theft features like engine immobilizer, however the alarm etc is missing. Any reasons for this or was the alarm feature considered more of a nuisance? Or are the key encryption & recognition methods so superior that its difficult to duplicate?

Anybody still consider the alarm still a very necessary feature? like alarm on touch to the body or even sound sensors like alarm at very loud sounds like fire crackers?

Last edited:
OK question for the security system experts. Most cars these days at least the top end variants come with remote keyless entry & locking & anti-theft features like engine immobilizer, however the alarm etc is missing. Any reasons for this or was the alarm feature considered more of a nuisance? Or are the key encryption & recognition methods so superior that its difficult to duplicate?

Anybody still consider the alarm still a very necessary feature? like alarm on touch to the body or even sound sensors like alarm at very loud sounds like fire crackers?
Exactly i had almost the same instance where a theif broke my car passenger window and opened the lock, instantly the alarm went on and he fled the place.
AUTO COP was installed, hence alarm was ON.

In my other car, it came with keyless entry, but if one breaks the glass and opens the door, no ALARM will be heard. I dont know why the alarm is NOT present in OEM top end models.

Another question, how'z that rolling up without even having the doors closed? I understand, the windows will roll up only after locking the doors [confused]
The system is linked with the central locking and not the doors directly, if you press lock button, the system starts rolling the windows.

^ I have seen videos of people breaking handle locks on Harleys like that,dont be surpised if an Economy bike has a sad lock like that.

For 4x4 vehicles with a manual transfer case (Thar, Gurkha, MM550, etc.), parking the vehicle with the transfer case slotted in neutral would confound 99% of the thieves who would break inside the vehicle, manage to crank it, only to find the vehicle not going anywhere:stupid:.

Another simple method is to remove the starter motor fuse from the fuse box and carry it along/hide it somewhere within the car. Look ma, no crank![surprise]

^ yes i agree,alot of high end suv owners do this,my friends Pajero had a break in,but the thieves freaked out(to my knowledge),will try posting security cam footage if he gives me. i can say some people just dont steal cars and fate jail time,but play with the wrong kind of people.(who love personal security & their cars)

Last edited:
Thread Starter #100

350Z

Core Team
Those who own recent Hyundai models (Grand i10, Xcent etc) can also do this – Turn off the main fuse switch located towards bottom on the extreme right side of dashboard.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Protecting car from theft

Hello everyone. 2 days before my relative's car was parked outside [Maruti wagonr 2009 model] and its battery was stolen. How is that possible? There was no mark on the bonnet as well as the car was locked and has central locking system.

So if central locking isnt safe then how to protect our car from being stolen?

How to secure my car?

Hi I just bought an second hand car from market. I am thinking to increase the level of secure my car. Please give me some advice.

Top Bottom