Securing Your Car From Theft: Tips and Tricks

Has anybody installed fuel kill switch / ignition kill switch etc...? i believe not all thieves know these stuff compared to conventional gear/steering locks!

how difficult is it to get this done and maintain the same in long run?
Am also interested ? Do let us know about any updates

Friends, I need a solution for this.

Yesterday after we came home around 10pm from friends place, I forgot to roll up the front passenger side window. Today morning got nicely from wife.

Apart from scolding from my wife I have the following problems.

• It might be a red carpet for some thieves.
  • And one more worst thing is, now the car must have filled with tones of mosquitos.

I need a solution to avoid this mistake.

@Varund bhai, I remember you had auto-roll up function in your m800. Can you explain me that if possible.

I guess you have power windows for front, you can put the auto rollup module which costs 1k max. This works as soon as you lock your car from the remote.

For this you would require to slice or cut few wires on the power window connections on the driver side. Since mine was a after market package I had no issues like these.

I shall inquire if there are some modules for spark with out cutting wires.

Today morning got nicely from wife.

Apart from scolding from my wife I have the following problems.

• It might be a red carpet for some thieves.
  • And one more worst thing is, now the car must have filled with tones of mosquitos.

I need a solution to avoid this mistake.
Hahahahaa Sethu Anna, the former (in bold) must have been more painful for you than the other consequences [clap][lol]

Out of my personal experience & belief, simple manual method is good. Check all the windows before you "Lock" and walk away from the car. By this, I ensure both the points, "Whether I locked the car?" and "Whether the windows are closed?". However, you will still get those doubts when you are placed in a position where you can't move out to check. That's inevitable for people like us [frustration] I mean, enthusiasts...

I have critical question on the "Delay" Mechanism for quite sometime. I believe, it rolls up the windows after the doors are locked. With that, I understand, on click the lock button in remote, all doors will be locked and the blinkers/siren would work as usual and then, the windows will start rolling up. Now, what if one of few windows are intruded during roll up? Will it stop or not? If yes, then it would defeats the security as anyone can try to intrude. If not, then highly possible for accidents like putting fingers in it, maybe children?

@ Figoian,
As you are saying about the accidents like putting fingers, yes its very true and this can happen. If the window is intruded by a wood log or iron then the glass may get broken or the motor may damage.

So the best option is to wait for few seconds near the car and see that all doors and windows are closed properly

So the best option is to wait for few seconds near the car and see that all doors and windows are closed properly
Thanks for the response Shantanu. If that's the case, it doesn't pay well for the purpose, IMO! I would rather say, the best mechanism would be to Doors Locked > Windows Roll Up > Sound Siren / Blinkers of Lock. So, I am sure that it's all closed and secured while I walk away. However, it's prone for such accidents again. So, in such an intrusion, it should work in the reverse way like, Windows Stop > Doors Unlock > Sound Siren / Blinkers of Unlock. I am not sure whether one such is available, if so, that would be the best and makes better sense of having this feature.

Thanks for the response Shantanu. If that's the case, it doesn't pay well for the purpose, IMO! I would rather say, the best mechanism would be to Doors Locked > Windows Roll Up > Sound Siren / Blinkers of Lock. So, I am sure that it's all closed and secured while I walk away. However, it's prone for such accidents again. So, in such an intrusion, it should work in the reverse way like, Windows Stop > Doors Unlock > Sound Siren / Blinkers of Unlock. I am not sure whether one such is available, if so, that would be the best and makes better sense of having this feature.
The door actuator, siren and blinkers work at once. For eg. You press the button on remote for just 1 second. The same time you can see the doors lock and siren chirp. The blinkers also work the same time. During this process, signals are send to window module and the windows wind up in less than 5 seconds (depends upon the window module).

The intrusion is not detected by the lock system.

The door actuator, siren and blinkers work at once. For eg. You press the button on remote for just 1 second. The same time you can see the doors lock and siren chirp. The blinkers also work the same time. During this process, signals are send to window module and the windows wind up in less than 5 seconds (depends upon the window module).

The intrusion is not detected by the lock system.
I understand the mechanism. What I mentioned was my just thought of how it could have been better! [:D]

@ Figoian,
As you are saying about the accidents like putting fingers, yes its very true and this can happen. If the window is intruded by a wood log or iron then the glass may get broken or the motor may damage.

Friends,

I do that everyday/every-time I lock my car.. Sometimes I might forget due to various reasons and rush to my house in first floor.

This is not regular scenario. Once in a while it happens and I do not want that particular day is my bad day.

Friends,

I do that everyday/every-time I lock my car.. Sometimes I might forget due to various reasons and rush to my house in first floor.

This is not regular scenario. Once in a while it happens and I do not want that particular day is my bad day.
Sethu Sir - What Shantanu & I were discussing was about the Shortcomings of Delay Function you inquired about [:D]

Hahahahaa Sethu Anna, the former (in bold) must have been more painful for you than the other consequences [clap][lol]

Out of my personal experience & belief, simple manual method is good. Check all the windows before you "Lock" and walk away from the car. By this, I ensure both the points, "Whether I locked the car?" and "Whether the windows are closed?". However, you will still get those doubts when you are placed in a position where you can't move out to check. That's inevitable for people like us [frustration] I mean, enthusiasts...

I have critical question on the "Delay" Mechanism for quite sometime. I believe, it rolls up the windows after the doors are locked. With that, I understand, on click the lock button in remote, all doors will be locked and the blinkers/siren would work as usual and then, the windows will start rolling up. Now, what if one of few windows are intruded during roll up? Will it stop or not? If yes, then it would defeats the security as anyone can try to intrude. If not, then highly possible for accidents like putting fingers in it, maybe children?
@Sethu

Figoian has mentioned something with bold letters, indicates the intensity, woh!! so nice. I think no other way is better than this to remember to lock before leaving the car.

Auto closing module is available and it can be used for all power window enabled vehicles, other than the control if from OBD. If there is any obstruction while rolling up the relay cuts off the power to the motor automatically and the glass will be stopped.

In Skoda the power windows are fitted with force limiter. I reduces the risk of bruises or injuries when closing the windows. If there is any obstacle, the closing process will be stopped and the window goes down by several centimeters. If it happens again after 10 seconds the window will further go down. Then you will have to lock it again.

Re: Your Safety

What are the things you keep in the car for your safety from thieves at night?
I dont keep anything and moreover my night drivings are very less.

Very few of late night highway drives in last 6/7 years of driving experience. And once in 2/3 months go for night show movies and that to near by theaters.

But recently decided not to go for night shows.

Hi Figoian, Sethu, Shantanu..

Here is the video of my 800's auto rollup. As you mentioned it would take minimum of 30-40 sec for all the windows to roll up.

In this what I have found is, when the glass is rolling up if some thing strong (object, hand,etc) comes in the middle the glass stops rolling.
Hope this helps.

Power windows in maruti 800 - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F_MuFOKAvs

Last edited:
Hi Figoian, Sethu, Shantanu..

Here is the video of my 800's auto rollup. As you mentioned it would take minimum of 30-40 sec for all the windows to roll up.

In this what I have found is, when the glass is rolling up if some thing strong (object, hand,etc) comes in the middle the glass stops rolling.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for the Video Varun. Your windows are rolling up much faster! [clap]

Here is what I thought how it should work to be more efficient and fool proof.

If that's the case, it doesn't pay well for the purpose, IMO! I would rather say, the best mechanism would be to Doors Locked > Windows Roll Up > Sound Siren / Blinkers of Lock. So, I am sure that it's all closed and secured while I walk away. However, it's prone for such accidents again. So, in such an intrusion, it should work in the reverse way like, Windows Stop > Doors Unlock > Sound Siren / Blinkers of Unlock. I am not sure whether one such is available, if so, that would be the best and makes better sense of having this feature.
Another question, how'z that rolling up without even having the doors closed? I understand, the windows will roll up only after locking the doors [confused]

Top Bottom