Securing Your Car From Theft: Tips and Tricks

Thread Starter #31

350Z

Core Team
BTW, I could reach the Delhi office of MicroVBB, and they have given me contact details of their distributor in Gurgaon. They have four variants of the product priced @ 7.5k, 10K,12.5K & 15k plus Rs 750 for installation of any model. I am attaching the brochure. Do let me know what you think ??
Thanks for sharing those details. You should check out this link for more. I’m also eyeing on this device from a while now but I'm afraid it might void the warranty.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thanks for sharing those details. You should check out this link for more. I’m also eyeing on this device from a while now but I'm afraid it might void the warranty.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Hey 350Z,

The Sales person from Micro VBB called me again.. I asked him about the warranty as I have a 4 yr warranty and cannot afford to void it with some accessory. He was very confident in mentioning that this will not affect the car's warranty. He mentioned that they will not cut, peel or open any existing wiring. He mentioned that they will use some thumbler/tumbler (I clouldn't not understand this part) to connect the system and this will not void the warranty. I told him that I will take a written confirmation from Honda before I proceed, and he was pretty cool about it.

Am thinking of writing a mail to Honda.

Thread Starter #33

350Z

Core Team
Great. Do keep us updated. Please also share the contact information of their Delhi office if possible. I would like to contact them over this weekend.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Great. Do keep us updated. Please also share the contact information of their Delhi office if possible. I would like to contact them over this weekend.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Why Not.

This is the sales rep I am in touch with.

Dinesh Kumar
Sales officer
Micro Retail Ltd.
(9717830802)

Do let us know how it goes, especially the warranty part.

Hey 350z, did you happen to talk to these guys??
Any update?

I got a hazy reply from Honda by email regarding the warranty.

It says...

"Dear Mr. Roy,

This is in reference to your query mail dated 5th June 2012, received by us.

With regards to your query, we wish to inform you that the said accessory/ security feature is not HSCI approved accessory to be fit to install in your Honda car. Any damage that results from use of accessory other than those approved by HSCI, will not be covered under warranty associated with the car.

For more details, please feel free to contact your nearest Honda authorized dealer & enable them to assist your queries.

Regards,

Jaspreet Singh
Customer Relationship Management
Honda Siel Cars India Ltd. ,Greater Noida "

Thread Starter #36

350Z

Core Team
Hey 350z, did you happen to talk to these guys?? Any update?
It’s obvious that a manufacturer would recommend against the modifications that are installed off the shelf. This could also translate in the warranty getting void even though the installer might claim otherwise. I inquired at Ford. They offer another similar product, which is manufactured by Anode Informatics. It comes in two variants: Permanently Fixed and Plug and Play (Through OBD Port). The tag price of Rs.14,500 + 4,000 (Yearly Updates) however, seems to be on the higher side.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hi, I am also interested in installing some security system in my car. What is the stand of Hyundai company on fitment of micro vbb, any idea? or is there any security system available with Hyundai for their cars?

Thread Starter #39

350Z

Core Team
Hi, I am also interested in installing some security system in my car. What is the stand of Hyundai company on fitment of micro vbb, any idea? or is there any security system available with Hyundai for their cars?
You should check out at their authorized dealership. Any aftermarket add-on that hampers with the electronics (Cutting wires etc.) would void the warranty.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Why do you worry much in hacking Immobilizer buddy?
The culprits are far clever. They carry a spare ECU from similar car, fix it & drive.
Did any one came across such incident?

PS: Modern cars came with a solution for this. Engine ECU, EPS ECU, Combi-switch ECU, ABS/VDC ECU are interlinked. They don't work with a different combination.
am thinking the same doesnt the immobilizer works when the vehicle gets theft ?
and that to in scorpio?

Cheap Trick To Protect Your Car From Theft

I found this on FB and found useful, so sharing here:

A useful tip for car owners !!!

How to Immediately Get Back Your Stolen Car !

It is a fantastic idea for those who can't afford car insurance or Tracker System. I'm forwarding this to all my friends.

How to Get Back Your Stolen Car?
It takes only 2 minutes for a car thief to runaway with your car. No matter you have a trekker and auto-alarming devices fitted in your car.

The best safety for your car is a live and active Mobile Phone hidden in a safe place in your car:

1. Buy any low price mobile phone with longer standby time.

2. Install a mobile connection which has best network in the country.

3. Turn this mobile on complete SILENT mode (double check it should not vibrate while you turn it on SILENT mode).

4. Wrap it up slightly in a plastic sheet so that it should not get dirty and dusty during its hidden use.

5. Make sure it is perfectly responding by calling its number from another mobile phone.

6. Hide this mobile in a safe place in your car. And that’s it…!!!

If your car is stolen, immediately inform your local Police Help Line 100. Give them phone number of the mobile hidden in your car. Police can easily track the location by calling that number. Chances are that you may get back your car within the shortest possible time.

And finally do not forget to charge this mobile at least twice a week and hide it back in your car in active position.

Please share this message with all your friends.

Good luck. If you get back your car this way, do remember me in your prayers!

Re: Cheap way to save the car from Theft.

I dont think there is a cell phone with more than 2 weeks of standby time,so removing the phone out to charge from its hiding place every two weeks would seem a bit problematic .
And hard luck if the phone ran out of charge(presumed car is stolen) just as the police decide to triangulate its location [:)].

But if one really thinks his parking area is not safe & his car seems to be a hot target then this would seem viable like having it charged once every week while driving around using a car charger.So it can be slipped back to its hiding spot at end of the drive.

Re: Cheap way to save the car from Theft.

Seems like a good idea... Remember, Old Nokia 1100 or 1110? They are the best for this trick. However, finding one now, isn't really possible :)

Now, when this share goes viral, stealers will try to locate a phone in the car as their first job [clap]

Top Bottom