Second Stint With Tata Tigor: XZ Plus (Petrol MT)

Thread Starter #16
Last week, had a small trip to my relative's place in Chiplun, Ratnagiri district(Kokan). One-way drive of 231 kms. Took Pune-Banglore route till Umbraj followed by Koynanagar route. As usual it was very comfortable to drive Tigor. The car was rock solid at high speeds. The odo showed FE as 20-21. So it was around 18-19 which was quite good considering the bad roads and ongoing work apart from Banglore highway.

Although I have fastag (IDFC), it was blacklisted when I checked the status/balance day before my journey. Had to pay the toll in cash. Later I got to know from the bank's helpline the reason that it was registered through chassis no. which lasts till 90 days. After that, it has to be re-registered with vehicle registration number. I have not faced this issue earlier. Anyway, now I've mailed them the required details. Hopefully the status will be restored with 1-2 days as per them.

Rest it was a nice trip, after a long time. [:)] will post some pics soon.

Thread Starter #18
Although I have fastag (IDFC), it was blacklisted when I checked the status/balance day before my journey. Had to pay the toll in cash. Later I got to know from the bank's helpline the reason that it was registered through chassis no. which lasts till 90 days. After that, it has to be re-registered with vehicle registration number. I have not faced this issue earlier. Anyway, now I've mailed them the required details. Hopefully the status will be restored with 1-2 days as per them.
I sent the bank(IDFC) my scanned copy of the RC and other details and now the fastag status is back to active. IIRC, this was not required with my previous fastag (ICICI bank)

Btw, I somehow found my apeman c470 dashcam. Fitted it in my car [:)] -
apeman_TAI.jpg

deville_56

Honoured Member
I sent the bank(IDFC) my scanned copy of the RC and other details and now the fastag status is back to active. IIRC, this was not required with my previous fastag (ICICI bank)

Btw, I somehow found my apeman c470 dashcam. Fitted it in my car [:)] -
View attachment 283581
Routing the cable through headliner and A-pillar would be nice and clean.

Thread Starter #21
Had 3rd servicing (1st year) done for my Tigor. Following were my questions/complaints -
1. I felt suspension was bit on harder side. SA checked and said it is fine, need not change it. Just asked me see the tyre pressure is not high. Actually I maintain it 32 from my regular tyre shop (nitrogen). Anyway, I'll keep an eye on it as I'll be traveling to my in-law's place this week.
2. I was thinking of getting NGK spark plugs fitted. On Tigor owner's whatsapp group, some owners have changed it to NGK and reported better pick-up, mileage and more linear torque. Recommended NGK model is NGK-lkr6d10e (iirc, this fits grand i10). Previous ones in Tigor are from Champion. To this the SA said my Tigor has Bosch ones (nov-19). These are recommended in the manual too. I believe this should be better than Champion. Any idea if they are as good/better when compared to NGK? Has anyone else changed those yet? SA is ready to change it anyway later.

No other issues from me. Engine oil and filters were changes as required during this major servicing. Even wheel alignment and balancing was done as covered during AMC. Total bill was Rs 631/-

Thread Starter #22
Had 2 back to back trips to Ratnagiri (around 1200-1300kms total) with my wife and daughter. Boot almost full while traveling with them and almost empty when I returned alone. [;)] Got a very good FE of 23 (in actual 20). As usual it was very comfortable ride.

Just a question, I've completed more than 3k kms and started to feel that the car has got slightly more punchier. Felt it more while returning to Pune this week. Is it due to engine settling/settled down now?

Last week, had a small trip . Took Pune-Banglore route till Umbraj followed by Koynanagar route. As usual it was very comfortable to drive Tigor. The car was rock solid at high speeds.
Last time, 2-3 years back, I used this koynanagar route there was everywhere work in progress (road widening) Is it complete now?

The odo showed FE as 20-21. So it was around 18-19
Impressive FE, looking like the said sedate driving style is paying dividents here.

got to know from the bank's helpline the reason that it was registered through chassis no. which lasts till 90 days. After that, it has to be re-registered with vehicle registration number. I have not faced this issue earlier. Anyway, now I've mailed them the required details. Hopefully the status will be restored with 1-2 days as per them.
Bank should have ideally mailed or sent a SMS before deactivating the fastag.

Thread Starter #24
Last time, 2-3 years back, I used this koynanagar route there was everywhere work in progress (road widening) Is it complete now?
There is even more work going on at the moment, especially around Patan. And road condition is very bad around Koynanagar. So better to avoid this route unless no alternative.

Impressive FE, looking like the said sedate driving style is paying dividents here.
Yes, and this was in-spite of the bad roads/work around Patan, Koynagar area. On my recent trip to Ratnagiri, I got 20kms in actual with the mixture of city+eco modes and speed between 80-100 (seldom 100+) with full boot.
This is very good considering the heaviness of the car.

Bank should have ideally mailed or sent a SMS before deactivating the fastag.
Yes, actually there was a message back in April but it just mentioned the blacklisting of the tag, nothing else. And with the lock-down going on, car stranded at home then, it slipped out of mind too. I searched and got that message in November, but ideally they should have mentioned the reason, which would have been better. Anyway, it is sorted now.

Probably Wednesday. For new registration, RTO is working only on Monday, Wednesday, & Friday. Moreover, 10 days wasted on some bank issue, inability on the part of the dealer to accept cash & choice number etc.

Thread Starter #28
Not much updates on my Tigor due to current lock-down situation. Me and wife got infected last month and were following home quarantine. Thankfully we are good now. [:)]

Was not sure how the car battery will behave as there was no one to start the car for 15 or more days. So asked wife to start the car as her quarantine period got over earlier than me. Luckily no issues faced with the battery, car started properly. Was able to take it out last week for my dental work appointment (7-8 kms). Now the next servicing (6 months check) due in June.

Take care all and stay safe. [:)]

Thread Starter #29
Just completed the major servicing for my Tigor.

Oil change was carried out along with otherregular cleaning/replacing work for oil/ac filters. No other work required as such, running smoothly. The final bill was around 4.5k (1.5k additional due to 3m wax polishing). The only concerning expense head was for obd scanning for which they charged more than 1k! I think it used to be free earlier. I'm aware that it's not free anymore but this much charge was bit of surprise.

Anyway, I got wheel alignment and balancing done also as it was part of Gold AMC. It will expire now in Feb 2022. Car running is less, just completed 7k kms, not much running in current situation as I'm working from home. After the servicing, had a regular trip to in-laws place in Konkan (Chiplun in Ratnagiri district). Car ran smoothly and I got FE of 20-21 in actual as usual [:)]

Btw, any thoughts on Gold AMC? Is it renewable? Car will complete 2 years next month. If it is renewable, should I go for it Or should I think about P2P now? I already have extended warranty purchased till 2023.

Thread Starter #30
Back from a Goa trip from Pune. Great to see the mileage around 20 :)
IMG_20220417_150621.jpg

It was good to get some running for the car as well ;)

Just before the trip, I went to SC to correct the windshield washer nozzle issue. The screw to adjust the nozzle was gone. So replaced it. And just while checking that with the advisor, we saw a rat in the engine bay. There were few rat bites also observed. So thinking of getting rat treatment done soon. I'm thinking of getting it done from nearby 3M garage or use the 3m spray myself. Any advices on that?

Top Bottom