Seat Covers Options

Which is better option for seat cover among these?

• Full Leather

Votes: 22 26.5%
  • Art Leather, Vinyl etc.

Votes: 38 45.8%
  • Pure Fabric

Votes: 23 27.7%

• Total voters
Aditya,I liked the fabric too,but,it's just a seat covet made of art leather,which doesn't produce that much heat when compared to original leather.
cooldhaya,the reason for orange and black is that,I love the color combination and the pattern which i saw.I have seen a lot of Vernas with beige seat covers,which i didn't like,as it has been an usual site.I just wanted to try the black and orange color combination in my car.During night time,I wanted a dark color seat cover,which gives bright glow for my interior lights.And,about stitching,you need to find a suitable material and color of your choice.For which,i have to go to Chennai or Coimbatore,and i have to spend time for that work.Which is the reason,why i am going for seat covers rather than stitching seat covers.After fixing the seat covers,I will post the pics.

Nice choice of color.

But make Black is used almost & have Orange for the corners & touchups.

That should look great. And you had plan of painting dash too!

Are you planning to do that now ?

Oh yes as Zinam said just have a slight touch up of orange , that should be good! Just like RSM'S seat covers in his Punto!

And if you paint your dash to match your seat covers it will look great!![thumbsup]

Zinam and cooldhaya,i will post a pic of the pattern,if i get a chance to snap it tomorrow.
The black covers whole of the seats,with orange in the centre and the back rest and line in the sides and the head rest is orange in front and black in the rear.
The idea of painting the dash is kept on hold,as i have another idea for it,which i will try and then post the idea and the outcome.

Seat covers , or referred as upholstry in business term is the toughest job.

Varoius colour combination , various material , various patterns .

Cheapest one is artificial leather type which comes as just fit in model.
Cost near 2200 for indica/go , verna , almost every 5 seater car.

the same one known as exact fit , is better to look , almost like leather , better shining as of better material cost 4500 for car with 5 seats.
It has 2 pins like , which are pierced in original seats .

Apart from them there are materials which make the price difference.

Stanley leathers have suppliers here , we can even get it raw and get it done for our pattern wish! Job is tedious .

B/w for the demo car , i plan to have interior options too.

As discussed already in the meet , i'll be going for dark outside , 90% black
Pattern for interior seat will the normal 2 tone one.
Confused of choice of colour. Can you suggest some ideas ?

B/W surendar , where have you placed the orders?

Hey Surendar the pattern is looking neat and sporty! If you can paint your dash to match your seat covers it will look great!

I prefer the company fabric seat,My car is an Alto Lxi and the seats are comfortable for me and my size. If I ever wanted to go for an upgrade,I would be looking at Sparco's options. Leather is way too costly and I dont think its worth it cause it still is just a cover on the regular seat. And vinyl's are too hot in summer and art leather is also almost like vinyl. But a Sparco is real comfortable even though costly,you can also get it out and fit it on your next set of wheels if you are planning to sell your present ride.

Jalex,sparco costs around 17,500 for a pair of seats,and stanley leather comes around 25,000 for a car like Verna.
I thought it would be better to go for seat covers rather than sparco at this time.After some mods,i might go for sparco or recaro sports seats.

Jalex,sparco costs around 17,500 for a pair of seats,and stanley leather comes around 25,000 for a car like Verna.
I thought it would be better to go for seat covers rather than sparco at this time.After some mods,i might go for sparco or recaro sports seats.
A sparco is well justified even though costly as its the whole seat and not just covers. They also provide good comfort.

I thought to post this in an attempt to help my mumbai based fellows to know about dealers in mumbai.

When i had to search for art leather covers for my scorpio, in a extensive research in google, i found there are not many reputed dealers in mumbai like bangalore. infact mumbai market is not open to art leather seat covers like bangalore. maybe you can blame mumbai's hot & humid climate for that.

whatever the reason maybe, those who are searching for leather seats in mumbai, i will post some info what i have collected during my search.

Leather seats are of 2 types- Genuine leather & artificial leather (also known as art leather). Art leather is available in 2 materials- PU & PVC. Avoid PVC. Though it is cheaper, it gets hot very soon & has other harmful disadvantages.

Here are your options-

* For Genuine leather:

1) Stanley boutique- this is the best choice if you want genuine leather. Price can be in the range of 40-50k for a sedan.

Address & other details- http://www.stanleyboutique.com/index2.htm

* For Art leather:

1) G Sport- G sport has 2 dealers in mumbai. One is "Chowksi motors" in Milan subway & other is "G Sport" in andheri.

I got my seat covers done from andheri. they have alloys & bull bars from g sport too. They have all the materials & seat cover designs on display.

Some more additional info about G sport-

They have 3 choices in Art Leather (all PU leather)

1. Signet (least expensive and thinnest) - thickness is 0.7mm
2. Luster (thicker with a cotton padding) - thickness is 1.5mm
3. Europa (most expensive)

More leather covers with designs is available at a fraction more cost. they had all the designs on a brochure & also pics of the designs fitted on various cars, for you to judge how that design will look in your car.

Cost is Rs. 5500 for signet for a hatchback. It costed me Rs. 11k for luster for a 7 seater scorpio for all the seat covers, arm rests & door trims.

The Steering Wheel/gear knob/handbrake is hand-stitched, genuine leather.

The ready made covers are ordered from bangalore & will arrive in 5 days to mumbai. they will be put over the existing fabric seats & then they fix the seat covers by using steel hooks to give a tight fitting. they use copper rods for contours instead of iron rods used by local dealers. this gives the seats flexibility.

Warranty is 2 years.

Contact Mr. chetan at 9320091919 for anderi's g sport.

http://www.gsport.in/

2) Ryder leather- their boutique is in bandra. they have some impressive designs & you can even choose from various fittings & different stitching patterns. more info here- http://www.ryderleather.com/contact.htm

their basic range starts at 17k.

3) Orchis design- They are basically into car interiors along with leather seats. more info available here- http://www.orchisdesign.com/

their PU leather range starts at 14k & "cheap" leather is available for 6-8k.

4) Autoformindia- They are quite cheap & from what i have heard are good too. their range starts at 6.5k but i am unaware of where their shop is in mumbai. but numbers and address is given over here- http://autoformindia.com/

5) Local dealers- The same (almost) material i am getting from g sport for 11k for my scorpio, i was getting for 8k from local dealers in mulund. but i was unsure about the quality of their stitching & workmanship.

If anybody has more info about shops in mumbai, please add your valuable inputs over here.

Last edited:
He he I know that!

there are few of my friends who removed those leather & they changed it to stanley with dual tones[cheers]
that would look even more awesome
now Honda is offering black leather on top-end civic
i actually like black leather because wear is not so easily seen.
Next car will surely have black leather!

Top Bottom