Seat Covers For Mahindra Scorpio

Thread Starter #1
hi guys, i had to change my scorpio's seat covers & for a long time, this was pending. finally after a lot of confusion (between fabric & art leather), i finally met my car's earlier seat cover chap. he quoted a price of 8000 for OE fit art leather covers. according to him, the price is high since mine is a 7 seater scorpio (more number & bigger seats). the quoted price for a zen estilo was Rs. 5500! colours, designs & patterns are my choice. even covers worth 5000 for the scorpio are available. but that was of cheaper quality (visibly & feel wise). the material i selected had foam type material beneath & had a soft touch feel to it. he claims this material does not get as hot as the other cheaper ones.

also, this guy does not remove the OE fabric, instead he stitches this cover OVER the original fabric cover. the effect is that this cover is not very tight fit (like OE fits from stanley & gsport) & also not very loosely fit like slip on covers, its somewhat intermediate. advantage is that i can remove this cover anytime i feel.

he can also stamp a mahindra or scorpio logo over the backrest. is this advisable?

now, i know that i can get branded art leather seats (like gsport) for around 10,000 which is not a big difference. but here, i am getting a more expensive & better material whereas in gsport, i would have to choose a basic material & pay more for the brand name. also, this guy is offering me a 3 YEAR WARRANTY on the seats (since he knows us quite well) whereas gsport offers 1 year warranty. and main & most important reason is that the only gsport dealer i have heard of in mumbai is Chowksi motors & i have read & heard not so good reviews about them. some say their quality of work is sub standard. also, unlike my chap, chowksi rips of the OE fabric seat cover, so in case i am unhappy, i cannot revert back to the OE cover.

whats your opinion guys?

Hey rajeev, you can very well go with the dealer. But make sure the art leather is not of PVC or vinyl (or rexin) material.
By looking at price 8K, i am sure the material will be good.

And don't worry about warranty much. Everything will come for 3+ years.

Hey wait , art leather type exact fit seat cover must cost 5500 + fixing charges(700).

brand name is autofoam

We charged here the same.(for a innova and tavera a 300 more)
Do you want me to courier it[lol]

Original fabric means do you mean the original seat cover.

Hey Raaj go ahead with the dealer , a good price! The same material which you have mentioned i got for a deal of 6k for my Verna , not changed covers yet though!

And go for some mild pattern preferably just a single color , too much of fancy stuffs will spoil the looks of your car! Scorpio is not a car to show-off with sporty seat covers IMO!!

And the logo its your personal wish actually! I also have Verna logo in my backrest! But ensure that by doing this the seat covers does not lose its charm!

Thread Starter #8
an update guys-

1) spoke to Mr. chetan in g sport (from official g sport dealer in andheri) over the phone. He says basic leather quality seat covers will cost Rs. 8500 for my scorpio, any colour or pattern. door trims will cost Rs. 1300 more. Does g sport supply PU leather or PVC? is there any choice in the leather quality & which one is better? also, does g sport stitch the leather covers over the OE fabric covers or do they rip off the OE covers & then stitch the leather covers?

2) Also, spoke to a guy from orchis design- http://orchisdesign.com/ (which is near to my residence) & he quoted Rs. 14k for base PU leather & 18.5k for high end PU leather & 6-8k for "low quality leather". rejected as i dont want to spend more than 10k for seat covers.

buddy, for the deal that you are getting, i would close my eyes and just go for it.
ok, but look at the update above, it has confused me more. i am getting the gsport seat covers for almost the same price now!

Hey rajeev, you can very well go with the dealer. But make sure the art leather is not of PVC or vinyl (or rexin) material.
By looking at price 8K, i am sure the material will be good.

And don't worry about warranty much. Everything will come for 3+ years.
yes, it was PU leather, not PVC. the leather he showed was the best quality available with him.

Hi raj can you post some pics of interiors.
So that even i can plan for mine.
yes, i have posted the pics. have a look below.

ilango[speed thirst];26000 said:
Hey wait , art leather type exact fit seat cover must cost 5500 + fixing charges(700).

brand name is autofoam

We charged here the same.(for a innova and tavera a 300 more)
Do you want me to courier it[lol]

Original fabric means do you mean the original seat cover.
yes, i mean the original company fit fabric cover.

also, i spoke to a guy in autofoam too. he was travelling & asked me to get back to him on monday. very unprofessional.

most importantly, i need a place in mumbai which can ensure me good fitting & quality stitching, not just good leather quality.

thats the reason i am not going to very cheap dealers who can give me good rates but not quality fitting.

Hey Raaj go ahead with the dealer , a good price! The same material which you have mentioned i got for a deal of 6k for my Verna , not changed covers yet though!

And go for some mild pattern preferably just a single color , too much of fancy stuffs will spoil the looks of your car! Scorpio is not a car to show-off with sporty seat covers IMO!!

And the logo its your personal wish actually! I also have Verna logo in my backrest! But ensure that by doing this the seat covers does not lose its charm!
yes, even i want very simple designs & nothing fancy.

i am afraid that the logo may wear off soon since it is just hot punched to the seat.

ilango[speed thirst];26028 said:
Ask him to stamp your name instead .

I tried here once for a customer , but that option was not available.
May be you should also give a try , sometimes it may work out
stamp my name? nah, that would be too fancy, i need something subtle.

here are some design i have in my mind-

Attachments

No comments of rates from my side. I am used to dealer prices hehe

The black and beige combination , 1st picture looks good.

It will look good , when you see car from outside too(since yours is white) , provided you have light shade of window tint.

But a full beige like thing makes car look roomy with its light colour.

hmmm a bit confused with price part. so i'll not comment upon it. and for the design the first 4 pics all of them look great for your car IMO. i think your scorp has got wood finish in the interiors right? if so go in foor the 2nd or the 4th one as it has got something like a touch of brown(wood) that may match well with the interiors. my personal preference is the 2nd one. or if you don't want the brown touch then go for the third one- off white. those wrinkles on the covers really enhance the look. but please don't go for the orange once which are in the last pic(its innova i think). that surely is not a very decent colour combi .

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11
@ ilango: actually i need lighter colours, so if i go for the 1st design, the colours will be inverted, that is black in place of off white & vice versa.
a small correction- i spoke to a guy from autoform, not autofoam!

@ sriharsha: yes, even i am confused between 2nd, 3rd & 4th. btw, these are designs from http://www.autoformindia.com/

Last edited:

Top Bottom